Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:47 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Plan on bringing all your loot TBM and Mike. It would be ideal to have the back seat out of the van so we can take planes to and from the hotel assembled, but it always seems to be a pain as Friday and Sunday you will have gear as well. With any luck someone over there will have a trailer onsite we can stash them in.

Speaking of, we need to find a big trailer for BSOLOUT for that very reason.
I'll bring the table. Is AD bringing the clock?

If we're leaving Friday morn, it would be nice to know ASAP so I can rearrange my plans. I don't care either way.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:48 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch-1 View Post
Hi Guys,

We should have plenty of airplane storage at the field. MoBro is bringing his Huge trailer. We also have an RMSA club trailer, and I can fit some planes in the belly of my RV, and/or put down a ground cover and host underneath the beast, by placing tubes around.

I'm confident that you can leave your planes at the field and not break-down to travel to the motel. I'll be camping there all night, so everything should be good. Heck, I'll even mark the corners of the slide-outs so "bumped heads" can be avoided. Can also keep a rusty sewing needle around to stitch up broken skulls!

Dave
That will be awesome, Dave!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:40 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
My vote would be to do the drive on Friday morning, in the daylight and after a good night's sleep. Cheaper and safer. Plus a full day of flying on Friday only wears you out for Saturday. It's going to be HOT, and one afternoon/evening will be enough setup/warmup time for me. YMMV.

Russ, our motel is south on 76 a little farther than yours is north on 76.
I liked the idea of Thursday after work departure as it makes the drive alot easier. Also, if its hot we can do as little or as much flying on Friday as we want. We could get to the Denver area, check into hotel, relax, swim, whatever and then make our way to the field a few hours before dinner. But its up to you guys, I am good either way.

If we left Friday morning @ 7:00 or so from AD's house we could be to Denver by 3:00 which aint bad either and it saves money and its one more night @ home, which is a good thing. It would also allow me to work Thursday night which would be a good thing.

Hows that for not having an opinion.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:13 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,532 Posts
If we leave Friday morning we need to be on the road from your house at 5:30 am imo.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined May 2002
16,867 Posts
If you were driving we could leave whenever you wanted Friday morning. I am fine to be copilot and you drive for as long as you want.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:37 AM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
2,928 Posts
LeMon as a copilot I can't even imagine...
gopherhunter is online now Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:39 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,532 Posts
If we leave at 7am we'll arrive at the field too late, imo. Last year we left my house when it was still dark (had to have been close to 5). We were in Coalville picking up Mike as it was getting light and the sun was barely over the horizon (right in my eyes) as we drove through Rock Springs... We didn't get to the field until around 2-3pm which was ok.

I'm not sure I understand your post (duh?).
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,165 Posts
Attn: Brian Christensen

Janie and I will be leaving Friday morning so won't be able to get you at the airport if you are arriving around noon. I do, however have lots of room in the van to take your stuff down if you haven't already made arrangements with the other Utah guys.

There were offers from the Colorado guys to make airport runs.
isoarthenland is offline Find More Posts by isoarthenland
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Hope you all have a great time and one of you brings home the back scratcher... I mean trophy. Yada Yada Yada

Now I would like to line up a lunch fly on Wed at RS park, if any of you can make it. Tom is going to try and meet up with me there around noon.

Also assuming tracking info is correct I'd like to meet up with Mike before y'all head out of town so... Thursday at Barnes would be great. I understand if it's too close to leaving to fit these things in, just throwing it out there.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
...Also assuming tracking info is correct I'd like to meet up with Mike before y'all head out of town so... Thursday at Barnes would be great...
Barnes on Thursday at noon works for me, assuming the goods arrive. But I really shouldn't do any flying that day, because every time I fly the day before a big contest I break a plane! We'll see...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
A different attitude to RC
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,435 Posts
I vote to leave on thursday and get part way. I will even cover the hotel if that is a problem for some!
extremewing is offline Find More Posts by extremewing
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:09 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Barnes on Thursday at noon works for me, assuming the goods arrive. But I really shouldn't do any flying that day, because every time I fly the day before a big contest I break a plane! We'll see...
Yes, especially at a park with a scoreboard

If it all works out, I'll see you there.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined May 2002
16,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherhunter View Post
LeMon as a copilot I can't even imagine...
Dont knock it till you try it. Time goes by pretty fast if you are trying to decode my last sentence to figure out if I was being nice, or cutting you to the core in some deeply painful way.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:13 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,945 Posts
I hate scoreboards...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined May 2002
16,867 Posts
AD, if you want to go Thursday and TBM wants that then lets do that. I dont care what TANO wants to be honest.