HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:24 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,961 Posts
You Ace. I still have the DVD's. I just finished them up. My delusion of tearing through them was extreme!!!!!!!!

I can get them to AD if that makes it easier. Just let me know as I believe you are up in SL somewhere that I dont go past often. Is AD signed up to change your diaper yet???

OR I could make a special delivery for a fallen comrad.

What's the recovery on the leg???? Certainly you and the E.W. loons are still going to St George for Pres Day....
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Last edited by JONBOYLEMON; Jan 04, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:07 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,031 Posts
Yes, go ahead and transfer the DVDs to Ace. Sounds like he will need something to help him sleep, and they should work well for that . It should be interesting to watch him fly after he views the DVDs with narcotic pain killers pumping through his system...

Congrats on the maiden Jon! It will take some time to dial in.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:20 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Glad to hear the maiden went well! Weather looks iffy up here on Saturday as well, but we have less snow. My vote is for BDO. Looks to be 10mph winds and 90% cloud cover.

What say ye?
If Saturday ends up being windy and cloudy, and we have to spin in the snow with temps below freezing... I'm all for postponing to a later date. I went out at lunch today to fly, got out of the car, then got right back in and drove back to work. The sun was out, but some snowflakes were still falling and it was breezy and temp about 20. I could have flown, but wouldn't have enjoyed it. If Saturday ends up being sunny and 32+ then it's doable. Let's make the final call on Thursday.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:21 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
Glad the maiden went well Jon!

Ace, You're a diehard! I love it! 2 days after surgery and you still want to DLG.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Jan 04, 2011, 06:26 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
815 Posts
Double post
Extremeace is online now Find More Posts by Extremeace
Last edited by Extremeace; Jan 04, 2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: pain medicine
Old Jan 04, 2011, 06:32 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
You Ace. I still have the DVD's. I just finished them up. My delusion of tearing through them was extreme!!!!!!!!

I can get them to AD if that makes it easier. Just let me know as I believe you are up in SL somewhere that I dont go past often. Is AD signed up to change your diaper yet???

OR I could make a special delivery for a fallen comrad.

What's the recovery on the leg???? Certainly you and the E.W. loons are still going to St George for Pres Day....
Recovery time will be a minimum of 6 weeks or 3 months, depending on how much damage I did. They said that they'd find out during surgery. we still have my condo booked for February, I'm hoping I'll be there!
Extremeace is online now Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Jan 04, 2011, 07:20 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
I hate flying when it is this cold now. It didn't bother me a few years ago, but I seem to be less addicted these days. I just can't stand the freezing cold.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Jan 04, 2011, 07:45 PM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,443 Posts
Change of Subject

Hey Utah Guys,

You ought to check in on this thread. The JEM contest is ramping up to be an East Coast - West Coast rivalry, embellished with trash talking. Looks like fun and spirited competition.

How they are going to keep the scoring straight is beyond me.

2nd Annual John Erickson Memorial DLG Fling - January 15-16 2011

Hope you're ACE heals up quick.

Dave R.
Denver
Launch-1 is offline Find More Posts by Launch-1
Old Jan 04, 2011, 11:39 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Now I just need to get the real programing done. I also have WAY too much throws!!!! Even for 3D flight I have ample.
A few things to keep in mind...

A great number of pilots fly their DLGs with a LOT of EXPO. I've got something like 70% on AIL, 50% on ELE, and 30% on Rudder on my Concept. This allows slight adjustments to flightpath, etc, but still allows solid control at REALLY slow speeds, plus lots more fun swooping in after specking out.

Also, keeping large throws on AIL with EXPO allows those really cool "barn door flap" vertical descents, etc... also good for slowing the plane down when diving back in from a monster thermal in contest-type tasks.

On top of that, you can also add in Dual Rates to your expo.

If EXPO/Dual rates doesn't work for you, don't just turn down the endpoints in the radio, you lose resolution AND servo "holding power" by doing that. Instead, adjust the control rods on the servos (innermost hole, or drill a new one "inside of that) and control horns in order to use full travel at the servo. This will keep your small flight adjustments small, and make maximum use of the servo power.

carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:42 AM
Joined May 2002
16,961 Posts
I did run up all the endpoints to 150 in the setup menu on my 9303. I will probably do a smaller horn on ele and rudder to gain resolution and strength. I will dial in a ton of expo and see how she goes.

Thanks for the advice.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:17 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,209 Posts
Jon, if you have your radio with you today, we can meet up and I can transfer in one of my programs for you to compare with.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:19 AM
Joined May 2002
16,961 Posts
Sounds like a plan, my radio is Chillin in my backseat right now. And I mean chillin!!!!!!

Just tell me when and where. Thanks Jim.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 02:03 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,209 Posts
Glad we could meet up today Jon, hope the programming makes sense. BTW you should have gone with the 13x6 Graupner CAM folding prop... I mean come on a 10x5 from HK just won't do
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 05, 2011, 02:23 PM
Joined May 2002
16,961 Posts
I have messed around enough with a full house glider w/ a motor on the slider that tweaking the settings you gave me should be pretty easy.

Your advice on the peg will probably go along ways on balancing the wings up.

Thanks again, that was easier than hammering it out @ 2:30 in the morning.

Quick question for you 9303 fellers, any way to get the timer button to act as the launch button???

Jim had the heli 9303 and is left handed so I will need to tweak some stuff.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 02:49 PM
Fly Cheap. Fly Hard. Fly Daily
USA, UT, Riverton
Joined Aug 2005
381 Posts
Latest forecast for this Saturday: 35 and rainy. Wonder if it will change?
redgiki is offline Find More Posts by redgiki