Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:57 AM
Fly Cheap. Fly Hard. Fly Daily
USA, UT, Riverton
Joined Aug 2005
381 Posts
So it sounds as if for BSoUT, the weekend of September 3-4 is not ideal due to the every-other-year conflict with Soar Utah.

So what if for this year we scheduled for the weekend of September 17-18? And let's run the schedule of events as posted above. Mike, can you find a good spot that you think might work for BSoUT for our first scored "event" with our Freeze Fly in January?
redgiki is offline Find More Posts by redgiki
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:05 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,712 Posts
Aradhana...I really liked that history of the Blue Skies Series...well done...you guys are really doing a great job with this thread..
-Dave
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:12 PM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djensen View Post
I was told by Bruce that his 2011 contest will be Aug 19-21. Based on that, I set the dates of Aug 5-7 for BSOC. They're tentative, as yet, but almost certainly will become firm.

Dave
Thanks for the information Dave. I pulled my information from a post be DProseus in the F3K Tour thread where a schedule conversation was taking place.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1330426&page=8

I know it is extra work for CDs but the sooner the community knows the better able we are to plan and show up! I know my phone is really anxious to have an up to date calendar in it. Oh wait, that is really me!
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:13 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,529 Posts
+1 for third week in Sept.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:53 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
I'm good with whatever date will work.

Thanks Aradhana. I hope our Utah story can add another great chapter to the Blue Skies story.

Is this the Utah DLG thread? I can't believe it! I feel like I keep clicking on the Chandler Bowl thread or some big DLG event thread.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:58 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,712 Posts
Hey ..if you guys really get into this, you can even put a bid in to host the Dlg US Team Trials in ...I think 2012....
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:03 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
With Mike's enthusiasm and hard work it could just happen.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:39 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Great info guys! ASK thanks for all the history and help in my repairing saga. The biggest problem I have right now is keeping the temps up in my work space so the epoxy can cure.

My hotbox is an old electric smoker and a halogen lamp, then a framework of various pieces to keep my blankets and sleeping bags from becoming a fire hazard . It's working so far, and I'm checking it regularly (since 05:30) when I finished laying it up.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:22 PM
Fly Cheap. Fly Hard. Fly Daily
USA, UT, Riverton
Joined Aug 2005
381 Posts
I've created a demo site for organizing Utah DLG events here: http://dlg.uterc.org/ .

So far, it's set up for photo galleries, a DLG calendar, and a link back to this thread. More to come, though, I think... you can view the "big brother" of this site at my club's web site at http://uterc.org/ for an idea of the kinds of things we can do with this resource.

The Blue Skies over Utah page is at http://dlg.uterc.org/node/4. Will fill out more as we find out more!
redgiki is offline Find More Posts by redgiki
Last edited by redgiki; Nov 12, 2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:35 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgiki View Post
So it sounds as if for BSoUT, the weekend of September 3-4 is not ideal due to the every-other-year conflict with Soar Utah.

So what if for this year we scheduled for the weekend of September 17-18? And let's run the schedule of events as posted above. Mike, can you find a good spot that you think might work for BSoUT for our first scored "event" with our Freeze Fly in January?
September 17-18 sounds good to me.

Considering locations...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:44 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASK View Post
History, the heavily abridged version...
Great post Aradhana! Thanks for the Blue Skies history. We are very excited to be rounding out the Four Corners series, and hope we can follow the tradition and do it justice. Thanks for starting it all.

Mike
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:47 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,945 Posts
I'm still planning on flying BDO today at 1:00 PM. Temp should be low 40's and not much wind...
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:52 AM
Nampa, Idaho
Joined Jan 2003
190 Posts
More Idaho Input

Howdy all,

Someone asked what I fly. SWII, have a MIMI on the bench. Got another SWII and DL60 in boxes ready to build or deal to get a Blaster or Light.....

September 17th-18th sounds good for me as long. I will try to make it happen. The other events sound pretty good. Now if I can just break away from the daughters and in-laws on occassions and go fly with the Utah guys on few of those days.

It doesn't sound like any one is doing anything in the Mountain West or Northwest in May or June. Anyone know when Poway is?

If we can ever get some more guys in SW Idaho flying DLG, June wouldn't be a bad month to do something here. Weather SW Idaho is generally mild through out the whole year. That's why we have so many Californians. Notice I didn't say #%^% Californians like most of the locals do. I'm from the extreme Northern California better known as Alaska.

I will see how my winter builds and my spring goes and possibly do an invite for a fun fly. June would probably work for me to host a fun fly. If I don't sale our big empty nest this spring, we have lots of space that guys could bunk for fun fly, lots of large school yards close by to go fly at, and if it gets blustery some decent but rocky slope flying hills.

Loid
sherwoodski is offline Find More Posts by sherwoodski
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:05 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,945 Posts
I believe IHLGF at Poway is usually late April early May. That is the largest DLG contest in the west.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:32 AM
Spins With Gliders
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Aug 2005
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
I believe IHLGF at Poway is usually late April early May. That is the largest DLG contest in the west.
...until BSOC finally hits its stride.
djensen is offline Find More Posts by djensen