Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
...We will miss you Mike, but know this, we will rub it in how nice it is down there and how much FUN TEAM UTAH is having. So make sure to grease the F5 key and make sure she is working properly!
No need to rub it in man It's not like I'm staying home by choice. You are too cruel!

It will be fun to watch the updates, so keep them coming. I will be glued to my F5 key, and dishing out the smack when warranted. Don't screw up any of your tasks or you will get an ear full! Go Team Utah!

And JonL, try to keep your plane in one piece so you don't miss any rounds this time...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:18 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
I feel for you Mike, at least you won't be the only DLG'er not headed to Cali this weekend. I'll be looking for all those updates as well, GO TEAM!
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
No need to rub it in man It's not like I'm staying home by choice. You are too cruel!

It will be fun to watch the updates, so keep them coming. I will be glued to my F5 key, and dishing out the smack when warranted. Don't screw up any of your tasks or you will get an ear full! Go Team Utah!

And JonL, try to keep your plane in one piece so you don't miss any rounds this time...
Mike, last chance for your planes to head to JEM....we'll be real careful with them, we promise.
isoarthenland is offline Find More Posts by isoarthenland
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Flying the point of the mtn.
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
465 Posts
We'll be cheering for the team from afar. I'm headed to Ohio for a couple days and believe me, I'll be thinking about SoCal the whole time...

Brian
bchristensen is offline Find More Posts by bchristensen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Videos
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:14 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,168 Posts
There's some white foam at Michael's that feels almost as stiff as Rohacell and quite light. The brand is Florafoam. It has larger pores than XPS, though, and I don't know much else about it. Has anybody heard of this stuff and does anybody know if it will work for hotwire cutting/vacuum bagging?
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoarthenland View Post
Mike, last chance for your planes to head to JEM....we'll be real careful with them, we promise.
Ummm, tempting, but I think they will stay here with me. Since the old V2 now has a nice long break in contest action, it's going into surgery this weekend. A full fuselage transplant! Plus new tails, servos, pushrods, battery, some wiring, and add a switchjack. The poor girl needs her friends here to keep her company and give moral support during this trying time.

I guess I should have sent my Vandal with you though to put up for sale at JEM...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:21 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Yep, you should have sent the Vandal down, I would have bought it down there so long as its a she. I'm am gonna have a fist full of Washington's for some crazy times!

As a side note, my baby girl is packed in with some very classy company over at TBM's. Tanks for gittin her down there Finch.

And yep, its gonna be a FUN trip! I actually am gonna miss the drive down as the trip to Eloy and back, "though very painful and trending toward a nerdfest at times" was very enjoyable!

Things to do before JEM
1. Work....
2. Sleep....
3. Make a few more banners, ohhh dont worry kids, they will be nice, and with any luck we can get them signed by everyone down there
4. Post on RCG about JEM
5. Yep, that should do it!!!! Drive safe tomorrow everyone. I'll call one of you guys just before plane leaves to schedule a shuttle from L.B.

PS, hope they dont cancel the contest due to "VERY BAD WEATHER"
http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KLGB&state=CA
Bummer, looks like they might have some clouds around making the 69 degrees feel more like 68 and a half.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
AD, TVK, heres the info, I'll let you arm wrestle Finch and the winner gets to come pick me up.

Friday, January 13
Flight Delta 4723
Operated by SkyWest

Departs 3:00 pm Salt Lake City, Utah
Arrives 3:55 pm Long Beach, California
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:06 PM
Flying the point of the mtn.
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
465 Posts
Jon Flies, everyone else drives AND takes his crap with them. Man, someone is getting a sweet deal.

I got away with sending the wife on in the car with the kids and I would fly to the destination.. that didn't last long.
bchristensen is offline Find More Posts by bchristensen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Videos
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchristensen View Post
Jon Flies, everyone else drives AND takes his crap with them. Man, someone is getting a sweet deal.

I got away with sending the wife on in the car with the kids and I would fly to the destination.. that didn't last long.
You have never been on a road trip with Citrus... trust me the sweet deal is being had by the guys driving . I feel bad for the passengers and flight crew

Jon, Finch, AD, Russ, best o' luck and safe travels my friends. No Finching it, and no more pogo on the peg!
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:27 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
Good luck at JEM my brothers and be safe.

J
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:30 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,168 Posts
Good luck guys!
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
You have never been on a road trip with Citrus... trust me the sweet deal is being had by the guys driving . I feel bad for the passengers and flight crew

Jon, Finch, AD, Russ, best o' luck and safe travels my friends. No Finching it, and no more pogo on the peg!

Yep, the passengers and crew are safe though, as Delta offered to fly me for free so long as I didnt film any part of the flight! So I agreed. Sweet Deal, I can always make a movie about it later!!!!!!! Sukkazzzzzzz..........
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:54 AM
Never enough time to fly!
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,434 Posts
I work for a foam company. A while ago someone was looking for a product to make plane parts. I have a couple of samples of a discontinued product. It might work. Contact me and I will show them to you.
ecase is offline Find More Posts by ecase
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
Dam Dutch Fokker.
USA, UT, Farmington
Joined Jul 2003
311 Posts
The ones left behind

Anyone left behind in Utah want to fly Saturday? Marc
THREEWING is offline Find More Posts by THREEWING