Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:38 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
WHAT A B-E-A-UTIFUL DAY! Old Mill anyone?
Stuck up north today, though I may take a plane with me to Crystal Hot Springs with the family this afternoon.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:38 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,953 Posts
WSUD at noon for me...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:11 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
WSUD at noon for me...
Might see you there, plans are in a constant flux it seems
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:18 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
813 Posts
Bumped one of those parking lot poles at old mill on an overshot landing attempt... BARELY dented the leading edge... How exactally do you steam it out?

P.S. Don't tell A.D.
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:16 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
Bumped one of those parking lot poles at old mill on an overshot landing attempt... BARELY dented the leading edge... How exactally do you steam it out?

P.S. Don't tell A.D.
Boil up a gallon or 2 of water. While that's getting ready, take off your wing and clean out your sink area. Once the water is boiling you will scoop it out and pour over the affected area sloooowwllly and angled away from your servo pockets. Since this is on the leading edge you will pour behind the leading edge and let it run over the front. Hopefully this will take care of the dent, if it doesn't you may need to fill with a mixture of epoxy and micro balloons or whatever jfinch mentioned earlier.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:40 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Boil up a gallon or 2 of water. While that's getting ready, take off your wing and clean out your sink area. Once the water is boiling you will scoop it out and pour over the affected area sloooowwllly and angled away from your servo pockets. Since this is on the leading edge you will pour behind the leading edge and let it run over the front. Hopefully this will take care of the dent, if it doesn't you may need to fill with a mixture of epoxy and micro balloons or whatever jfinch mentioned earlier.
Is there a limit to the number of times this is effective? My dad just popped out his dents yesterday, for the second time in about 3 months.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:10 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
813 Posts
Think that'd work on Alula foam?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:59 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
Boy... 70 something degrees today while DLGing at the Chandler Bowl... Beautiful.

I picked up this nice looking V2 Stobel. This guy just gave it to me - they must grow on trees down here. Said all I have to do is just rebind the Rx. I think it'll be be a great plane.
flyingj is online now Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:43 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
813 Posts
I call bull pie...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:44 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingj View Post
Boy... 70 something degrees today while DLGing at the Chandler Bowl... Beautiful.

I picked up this nice looking V2 Stobel. This guy just gave it to me - they must grow on trees down here. Said all I have to do is just rebind the Rx. I think it'll be be a great plane.
I call bull pie...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:49 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,953 Posts
Quote:

I'm jealous of both the weather and that plane...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:18 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,541 Posts
The blaster comes with CF pushrods (~.06") sheathed in a pretty thick teflon tube. Rather than use this I was planning to use very thin teflon tube (from tailbooms.com) and .018 stainless steel fishing leader. The leader must be a 300 series stainless 'cause it's not magnetic. I would like to install the pushrods inside the boom using magnets to hold it in position while I glue it. I think this is all kind of standard procedure, so how exactly do you get the magnets to hold? Should I look for a 400 series stainless wire or a plain steel?
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:27 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
Is there a limit to the number of times this is effective? My dad just popped out his dents yesterday, for the second time in about 3 months.
I don't think there's a limit on how many times you can do this, the biggest factor is how bad the dings are.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:28 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:

Well enjoy it man. Supposed to be some big storm system moving through here tomorrow.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:39 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
The blaster comes with CF pushrods (~.06") sheathed in a pretty thick teflon tube. Rather than use this I was planning to use very thin teflon tube (from tailbooms.com) and .018 stainless steel fishing leader. The leader must be a 300 series stainless 'cause it's not magnetic. I would like to install the pushrods inside the boom using magnets to hold it in position while I glue it. I think this is all kind of standard procedure, so how exactly do you get the magnets to hold? Should I look for a 400 series stainless wire or a plain steel?
I haven't heard of anyone using anything thinner than .020 wire. The Morris bros step up to .032 plain steel and use the magnets to hold it while gluing the housing.