HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:06 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge View Post
Mike are you needing a tampon LOL? I miss you all very much and flying is coming to a stop for me as no job is killing me.
Will it help me interpret Jon's posts? If so, then YES please. I will even stick it somewhere . Thank you GMo!

Yup, not having jobs kills us; and having them kills us too. A vicious double edged sword. Best of luck to you. Let us know how we can help. I know, move to Utah! Lots of work here...

Are you still planning on the JEM?
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:07 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
I wouldnt buy a Twister unless they are doing something else with the tails and fuse strength. Ron has had nothin but trouble with his, yes some of it could have been avoided, but it sure seems to be trouble. BUT.............. that thing flies like crazy on a dead air day, she just floats.......

And like Mike says, if you want to launch to the freakin moon, the Steig is your ticket, DANG!!!!!!! Finch & I were flippin Mikes Steig a few months a go, and........ well, she went pretty freakin high.
Nothing like a Concept. Concept will go higher than Steig any day try it and see
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:08 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,654 Posts
Ditto what Mike said, but with a single caveat. It's probably just just me but I find I have fewer drops if I really fly the plane into my hand with some speed. Not enough speed that you'd damage the wing tip, but not going really slow either. When it's just floating right there dead calm in the air I tend to grab for the plane and often miss. So it's better for me to just fly the plane into my palm.

But catching and throwing is the (relatively) easy part... it's timing it right that's the killer. I did 30 min of QT practice tonight and it took almost 20 min for me to get into the groove and start consistently catching with 1-2 sec left in the countdown. I have a picture in my mind's eye of how far the plane should be from me with 4 seconds left allowing me to either slow it down a bit or speed it up those last couple seconds.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:10 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,656 Posts
Last Contest of the year was won with Concept and there were Polaris, Stobels. Twisters Concept won Prelims and fly offs: popcorn::censo red:
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:12 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,656 Posts
You must fly the wing tip meaning the peg into the hand watch peg only to get to be best.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:13 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,656 Posts
Can't wait to see you all Friday night.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:14 PM
Flying the point of the mtn.
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
466 Posts
CONCEPT X2 is on order. I've got the early march slot, anyone interested in me doubling the order? No, I will not pay for yours. I question his RDS463 servos. They should be fine in the wings but I wonder if I should just pass on his servos and go for some good hitechs... Any comments you concept guys? I did request to upgrade the servos all the way around though...
bchristensen is offline Find More Posts by bchristensen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Videos
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:14 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,998 Posts
Quote:
Last Contest of the year was won with Concept and there were Polaris, Stobels. Twisters Concept won Prelims and fly offs: popcorn::censo red:

So if I am using my decoder ring on your last 10 post, you seem to indicate you like the concept......

And Brian, sorry, but you are TP. The bad news is that TBM is the only local guy who could tell you exactly why.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:18 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,042 Posts
Quote:
That's because the best pilots are flying Concepts.

We all want one (or more), but making that happen is tough!
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined May 2002
16,998 Posts
Yo George, it will be a hoot. Team Utah will be coming down there with one goal!!!!!!! and that will be to fly in better weather than we have been flying in here. Dont let us down SOCAL!!!!!!!!!!!

When I signed up for JEM I had visions of leaving a few feet of snow and freezing temps. Turn out I might be going from 50's to 60's..... Oh well.

So I think I might officially be a DLG groupy as I cant wait to see all my flippin friends again @ JEM!!!!!! Oh, its gonna be a good time.

And NO everybody doesnt want a Concept! Some of us are just content beating Concept pilots with a B3OL!!!!!! Hey, it could happen!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchristensen View Post
CONCEPT X2 is on order. I've got the early march slot, anyone interested in me doubling the order? No, I will not pay for yours. I question his RDS463 servos. They should be fine in the wings but I wonder if I should just pass on his servos and go for some good hitechs... Any comments you concept guys? I did request to upgrade the servos all the way around though...
TP fits.....
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:26 PM
Flying the point of the mtn.
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
466 Posts
Well he can call me TP then. I wish I could program like him.
bchristensen is offline Find More Posts by bchristensen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Videos
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:26 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Yo George, it will be a hoot. Team Utah will be coming down there with one goal!!!!!!! and that will be to fly in better weather than we have been flying in here. Dont let us down SOCAL!!!!!!!!!!!

So I think I might officially be a DLG groupy as I cant wait to see all my flippin friends again @ JEM!!!!!! Oh, its gonna be a good time.

And NO everybody doesnt want a Concept! Some of us are just content beating Concept pilots with a B3OL!!!!!! Hey, it could happen!!!!!!
And to kick some big time A$$
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:28 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,656 Posts
Jun is not flying one
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined May 2002
16,998 Posts
Quote:
Jun is not flying one

Good thing!
Old Jan 04, 2012, 09:34 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,042 Posts
As I recall, Jun won the BSOUT prelims and flyoffs this year flying his Stobels, and against multiple top pilots driving Concepts...