SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:17 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,844 Posts
Next time we go out flying I'll fly your plane and you can fly mine so we can get a feel for how each other's planes act.

If you need lots of down elevator (more than "normal") to get the plane to fly straight it could mean you're a little nose heavy.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:33 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,127 Posts
Sounds good. I think I am pretty good on CG though, but by all means, I will take help.

Funny how you forget some basic stuff like CG.

But I do love how she flies and launches now, so I dont want to give that up. And yep, I like Mikes KISS method. No way I can do more than 3 flight modes!!!!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:06 PM
Never enough time to fly!
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,444 Posts
Adrian,
PM sent.
ecase is offline Find More Posts by ecase
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:00 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
it could mean you're a little nose heavy.
Yeah, I am a little nose heavy, but my plane's not.

BTW - The wind is blowing pretty good at my house, so I went down to the Alpine park, and it is blowing there too, but not quite as hard as it is up here on the hill. It may be good by this evening.

I just got a sneak peek at Adrian's new/improved F3K DLG timing app and I am impressed. I like the fact that I may be able to go wireless to my speakers, which means I can have more than 2 spread out over the field side lines with no lines. Maybe on each streamer pole. It will be able to enunciate local time, temperature, and wind speed at appropriate times. And that is just for starters.

I don't want to steal Adrian's thunder, but there is a bunch of very interesting things his app could do for us.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:01 PM
Joined May 2002
17,127 Posts
I am hoping his next version points me to the lift! Scary thing is he could make an app that would do it. How would that be.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:33 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,844 Posts
AD, one thing I'd like to see in an app is a better way to keep track of your poker round. It would be great if you could see the window time ticking down and be able to enter your target flight and then have the app tell you how much time you'd have left in the window if you reach your target time so you could easily subtract a few seconds from that time for your last launch.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:21 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Finch, you need an app that says "Turn back now SUCKA!", you know for those times when you don't want to land in the middle of... let's say a road for instance

I think poker is going to be a tough one for any app to really help with. Entering times is clunky no matter how you do it. There is no easy way to get into the voice command mode so that it could take your time verbally.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:55 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Finch, you need an app that says "Turn back now SUCKA!", you know for those times when you don't want to land in the middle of... let's say a road for instance
For those not at Riverside today... yes, I came about 2 ft from losing my Stobel today. Nope, don't wanna talk about it.

Quote:
I think poker is going to be a tough one for any app to really help with. Entering times is clunky no matter how you do it. There is no easy way to get into the voice command mode so that it could take your time verbally.
This is what I was thinking. You have a window (actually 3 windows) set up like X:XX and you tap your finger in each to set the time. For example, if I called 1:42 you would tap once in the minute window, four times in the tenth second window and twice in the second window.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:21 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
That's crazy enough that it just might work, but it needs to be smart enough that we can trigger a launch and then enter the time and it will work out the rest.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:45 PM
Joined May 2002
17,127 Posts
Quote:
Good to have the old Finch back! We missed ya buddy!

So, PT, since Finch wont talk about it, lets hear the gory details! I am sure its a good story, always is!

Its one thing to push the limits, but to Finch it, is really an art form aint it.

Also, I forgot, I will not be able to make it Thursday. Sorry, we are doing some family stuff Thurs and Friday for the fall break.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:01 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,240 Posts
Dag, yo! I was just about to say I'd be in for the 19th when my wife gently reminded me it's her birthday that day! Sigh. We'll be at her parents' in Lehi, so I could probably still slip away for an hour or so in the morning if anybody down there wants to get some practice in before the contest.

The Frankenplane ought to be done by then. All I'm waiting for now is for the tails and some FG to do the wing. Not sure when they'll get here, but it should definitely be by that weekend!

brandon
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:39 AM
Joined May 2002
17,127 Posts
Looking to hook up with my girlfriend over lunch. Does anyone else want to come over and play?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
I might be able to come down that way. Let me see how the rest of the morning plays out. What time will you be there?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:00 AM
Joined May 2002
17,127 Posts
Whatever time you can make it. If I have 10 minutes notice or so I can be there.

I think AD is down for a nooner.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:12 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Ok, I'll try to be there a little after 12.