HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:07 AM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,117 Posts
Wanna see the Sporter pod? This is probably one of the coolest pods ever made. EVER!
I can't build a plane to save my life nor have the patience to build one.
Give it a good home, Brandon. PM me your address.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=18

Soar! With bling!
Jun
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:10 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecase View Post
Is there a plan to have another small contest in October? Or is the season pretty much over?
Evan – I have all the stuff we need to run a contest. What we could have is an F3K School whenever we can get together. Saturdays for the next several months would be good except for mornings because I will be flying my wing at the Sod Farm. This weekend in particular may not be good because of the sWARm, but bring your stuff and if it calms down sWARm wise in the afternoon we can start school.

We can start F3K School with just 2 of us and more would be better. We can do 3 F3K tasks in an hour with you as flyer and then again as Caller and me as flyer. It should be more relaxed to give you a chance to get your feet wet and get familiar with the basic contest format and tasks.

Anybody else who thinks they can benefit from or teach at F3K School is welcome. I will try to be available most Saturdays or evenings for that matter that are not booked with something else. One hour should be good, but we should hold school often and consistent. For the most part it will be impromptu, but I will try to be ready if someone says, "Let’s have school"

We can hold it anywhere between Utah Co. and SL Co.; it's ok with me; Spanish Fark even.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Last edited by Hanger Rash; Sep 21, 2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:12 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
I need to bump the twirling until 2:00. I have a bid due @ 2:00. So 2:10 @ Galena?? Anyone???
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:18 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats View Post
Wanna see the Sporter pod? This is probably one of the coolest pods ever made. EVER!
I can't build a plane to save my life nor have the patience to build one.
Give it a good home, Brandon. PM me your address.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=18

Soar! With bling!
Jun
That's a sweet looking pod Jun... Hey Brandon I have a beat up Lighthawk III pod if ya wanna swap , just kidding.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:19 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
I need to bump the twirling until 2:00. I have a bid due @ 2:00. So 2:10 @ Galena?? Anyone???
No flying for me today. Loved the video by the way, can't wait to see the finished product.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:24 AM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,165 Posts
Hey Ron, should I bring one of these to the next contest?

Russ
isoarthenland is offline Find More Posts by isoarthenland
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:29 AM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
^
|
|
|
|

Thats not funny!!!!!! Its hilarious!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
No flying for me today. Loved the video by the way, can't wait to see the finished product.
Its gonna be a few weeks until things calm down again. Just wanted to do a quicky so there was something out there to capture the king w/ his crown and Mikes emotions that day.

The full on one will be done on Vegas so the pics will actually look way gooder.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:32 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,548 Posts
OOHH smack talk from Russ! I like it!

Since my contest days are over for this year I've been thinking about next. I'm thinking we need a presence at either IHLGF (spring) and/or The Bruce (Sept). Have you guys thought about either of those? I'll likely also be jonesin' real bad by Feburary and will likely end up at the JEM if they do it again.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:44 AM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
IHGF just doesnt sound that fun to me for some reason. Seems like lots of great pilots, but lots of trees and mid airs and not that nice of a field. But..... having never been that may be totally wrong.

I think with one plane I am a little hyper sensitive about loosing it as I dont think I could replace it for a while if something happened.

Arizona BS sounds real good and I have an almost signed hall pass for it.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
quickee
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Jul 2005
660 Posts
Thanks Russ
Throw the anchor to me i'm not on the bottom quite yet
-Ron-
quickee is offline Find More Posts by quickee
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:52 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,548 Posts
Oh yeah, it goes without saying (so I'll say it here) that I'm planning on all four Blue Skies events and Red Rocks.

I would probabaly have to give up pylon racing completely to get a pass from the skirt for both IHLGF and The Bruce and I don't think that's going to happen.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:56 AM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Right on Brotha, all 4 BS events for me as well!!!!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:33 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,168 Posts
I am constantly amazed by the generosity of the people in this hobby! I can't wait to be able to help out somebody else who is new to RC as well! Thank you all for your help! I'll have a DLG up and soaring as soon as i can and hope to make it to a contest before the end of the year
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:57 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
...I'm thinking we need a presence at either IHLGF (spring) and/or The Bruce (Sept). Have you guys thought about either of those? I'll likely also be jonesin' real bad by Feburary and will likely end up at the JEM if they do it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
IHGF just doesnt sound that fun to me for some reason. Seems like lots of great pilots, but lots of trees and mid airs and not that nice of a field...
My thoughts... I think there are just as many tree hazards (or more) at The Bruce as at IHLGF (Poway). And midairs will happen everywhere. I enjoyed the Poway contest a lot. Nice weather, nice location, very active air. It has most of the same great pilots as The Bruce. The biggest thing is that it's within feasible driving distance for us. The field isn't golf course sod, but not all that bad. The Bruce field is nicer, but not like the sod farm either. Both are punishing if you land out. Plus there is lots of other fun stuff to do in SoCal, so you can make an extended trip out of it with the family.

Of course, all the BS events are on my list as well.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:06 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,822 Posts
Did I hear Finch suggest giving up Pylon Racing for DLG?
That's it, I've reached a definitive conclusion...

DLG isn't a hobby

it's a lifestyle
it's a culture
it's a religion

...and from what I can tell, it's a BLAST.
Wind_of_Change is online now Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Wind_of_Change; Sep 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM.