HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2011, 01:07 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,871 Posts
Finch, I am just gonna say it once, so listen closely!!!!! SORRY!!!!!

It just aint as funny to say you Finched it, when you really went and Finched it with a Stobel! Come back home & we can do some combat if you really must smash something up!

Truly a very sad day.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2011, 08:54 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,541 Posts
Hopin' for a little B3 love this morning!
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Aug 07, 2011, 09:38 AM
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Sep 2009
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Hopin' for a little B3 love this morning!
I think you deserve it after the losing the stobel. Is the damage repairable?
chewbaccah is online now Find More Posts by chewbaccah
Old Aug 07, 2011, 09:51 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Talk real nice to her Finch an she'll treat you right . I think LeMon even gives his a smooch before each round.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Aug 07, 2011, 10:01 AM
Joined May 2002
16,871 Posts
Yes Finch treat the B3 right and everything will be OK!!!!

But dont just start kissing it. If I remember correctly, you never sexed the B3, and I am almost positive you didnt sex the Stobel. You gotta determine the gender so you know how to treat these things. I think nice Jim and AD both were there when I talked about how to properly determine the sex of your DLG. Its an important part of DLG that alot of people just skip right over.
Old Aug 07, 2011, 01:15 PM
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Sep 2009
1,798 Posts
Um, Jon, I think you may be the first and only one to have done that.
chewbaccah is online now Find More Posts by chewbaccah
Old Aug 07, 2011, 03:48 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
We are just ending the flyoffs. Everyone is hot, tired, worn out, except Adrian. He wants to go fo another 2 days; the guy is an animal!!
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Old Aug 07, 2011, 10:49 PM
Joined May 2002
16,871 Posts
OK, the blood has stopped seeping from the wounds. Lets hear the NTSB's wrap up of the Finched it, of all Finched its!!!!!

Drive safe kids, look forward to flying with you guys again SOON!!!!
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:40 PM
Joined May 2002
16,871 Posts
Plan to fly at lunch tomorrow at Galena. Must practice!!!!!
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:50 PM
quickee
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Jul 2005
660 Posts
Jon
Did you notice Mr Finch w/a new Concept in the Picture?
Lets get rumors started
-Ron-
quickee is offline Find More Posts by quickee
Old Aug 08, 2011, 12:01 AM
Joined May 2002
16,871 Posts
In a totally unrelated story, gas prices jump 25 cents overnight.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 08:54 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Wow! What a weekend! This was my first big contest so I have nothing to compare it to but this one was very well organized, the people were all great, the food was good and plentiful, the weather was perfect albeit normally hot afternoons this time of year, and the thermal conditions were typical in that there was a variety. I just can't see how it could have been better with one exception which will be a forgotten memory when JonF gets his Sobel flying again by the end of the week.

Maaan! I got to meet some of the greatest people and I was taught way more that I could absorb. I am going to have to go a bunch more times. When I first looked down the roster I knew or just heard of a hand full of people and now when I look down the roster, I not only know a bunch more people I have really fond memories of all of them. Soo cool.
Scott Dueck was so funny. He gave me my best comeback for when someone asks me why the nose on my B3 looks scrunched. He was timing for me and took one look at my B3 nose and said, “Have you been doing F3J with that?” He said it right before a launch and I darn near Fin…. I darn near couldn’t launch the plane I was laughing so hard. So now when someone asks me what happened to my B3 nose, I know just what to say.

Speaking of Finch, I have to say that is reputation for going OB doesn’t carry the smack it used to have. He did some amazing comebacks.

I have so many stories now I can’t share them all with you. A low light for me had to be when I asked Mike Maurer to time for me. Oh, Mike was great as usual but for me it was like here is my chance to show Mike how much I have improved kind of thing. So after doing my usual short flight I made a not so pretty landing. In Mike’s book he might have considered it a lawn dart, but it didn’t even reach my standard for a lawn dart but it wasn’t pretty. Then Mike got me into some really nice lift. I was so focused on my plane and going in the same direction as the gaggle and keeping nice smooth turns with constant bank and constant speed that I didn’t see Jim Cokonis coring up from underneath and we had a slight mid where our tail sections bumped. So, now for the grand finally. The round was over and I was on approach. I kept the plane’s nose headed right for my nose; it couldn’t miss it. About 10 feet out the plane all of a sudden veered off to the right and I speared Mike as he was writing down my score. So much for impressing Mike.

As to my previous post about Donnie Langdon who goes by dbone? I found out what the “d” stands for. It stands for “down wind”. Down Wind Donnie was so amazing to watch and we had the very good fortune that he was parked right next to our group. Wow what a treat to meet him and to listen to what he had to say not to mention trying to keep an eye on his plane. I am taking binoculars next time. He had an effect on our entire Utah group. You are going to see Jon and Adrian ranging a lot farther out; oh and me too. I might even get past the field markers…hehe. Donnie spent some time timing Mike and I can easily say that he had an affect on why Mike did as well as he did.

Sorry for the long post. It was just too much fun.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Last edited by Hanger Rash; Aug 08, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:16 AM
Never enough time to fly!
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,434 Posts
Where can we see the final standings?
ecase is offline Find More Posts by ecase
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:41 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecase View Post
Where can we see the final standings?
Preliminary contest final standings... Here

Flyoffs... Here
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:43 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Everyone who ordered the etched teflon... it's here!