HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:29 AM
Mike M.
like.2.fly's Avatar
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,954 Posts
Hey, congrats Jim on winning that Stobel V3 from the F3K Team raffle! I think it's way cool to see one of those major prizes go to a Team Utah member .
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:41 AM
Got Thermals???
Fishjunky's Avatar
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Hey, congrats Jim on winning that Stobel V3 from the F3K Team raffle! I think it's way cool to see one of those major prizes go to a Team Utah member .
Thanks Mike! I am glad to be a part of the F3K community, and owe a huge thanks to you for helping us get started here.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:59 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
Hanger Rash's Avatar
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Update on the August 20th contest

The pilot list is shaping up:

Jim Gibson.... Available
Jon LeMon.... Available
Mike Maurer.. Available
Jon Finch..... Available
Jim Arner..... Available
Adrian Dybwad.. Available
Jeremy Scott.. Available
Evan Case.... Available
Ryan Cooper.. Available
Ryan Robinson. Available
Ron Mendel.... Available

This is cool. We are 1 shy of having the same number as the July contest.

Still a few more to hear from.
Place - TBD
Time - Pilot's meeting at 8:00am
Tasks -
Dropped C - All Up Last Down (ALUD)
H - 1-2-3-4 minute flights in any order
G - 5 x 2:00 minute flights
Dropped D - Ladder (30 sec to 2:00 min increase by 15 seconds)
E - Poker (5 nominated flight times)

Proposed:
3 of 6
Last 2

I will update this for sure when I get a chance to have Coop and Adrian discuss it as to the order.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Last edited by Hanger Rash; Aug 04, 2011 at 07:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:37 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
Hanger Rash's Avatar
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
I was playing around with Google Earth this morning and discovered that it is 240 miles from Provo, Ut. to Grand Junction Co. and it is 244 miles from Denver, Co. to Grand Junction Co.
We ought to discuss the possibilities with the Colorado guys this weekend about having a meet in Grand Junction some time. Part of the problem is who lives near there that could find a suitable place?
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 08:52 AM
hot air rises...
jfinch's Avatar
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
I would like to try one of the new tasks as well. I'm not sure if we should add it to an official contest like BSoUT though. There isn't even a good way to score them yet.
Wouldn't you score just like you score every other task? Total time in air, up to max flights normalized to everyone else's scores. I was reading Oleg's thread on their ECHLGF contest in Oct and they're planning to run these new tasks. We'll all be flying these tasks at contests next year anyway since they become official on Jan 1.

Regarding task strategy... I think last two flights and especially 1,2,3,4 are the most stategic.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:57 AM
Got Thermals???
Fishjunky's Avatar
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Wouldn't you score just like you score every other task? Total time in air, up to max flights normalized to everyone else's scores. I was reading Oleg's thread on their ECHLGF contest in Oct and they're planning to run these new tasks. We'll all be flying these tasks at contests next year anyway since they become official on Jan 1.

Regarding task strategy... I think last two flights and especially 1,2,3,4 are the most stategic.
Yes, that's my take on it as well, what I meant is that there is no form/score sheet in the software currently to take the numbers. If you max out your time slots there are only a few tasks that can accomodate more than 3min
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 10:07 AM
Mike M.
like.2.fly's Avatar
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger Rash View Post
I was playing around with Google Earth this morning and discovered that it is 240 miles from Provo, Ut. to Grand Junction Co. and it is 244 miles from Denver, Co. to Grand Junction Co.
We ought to discuss the possibilities with the Colorado guys this weekend about having a meet in Grand Junction some time. Part of the problem is who lives near there that could find a suitable place?
Good suggestion Jim! We have actually already been in discussion on this with the Jensen bros and Dave Runyon from CO. Right after our Red Rock event last spring Gary mentioned there was a lack of anything going on from mid May through mid July. We agreed that early June would be a prime time for a get together in Grand Junction. Gary was going to investigate sod farm possibilities there. It didn't happen this year, but hopefully next.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 10:09 AM
Mike M.
like.2.fly's Avatar
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Wouldn't you score just like you score every other task? Total time in air, up to max flights normalized to everyone else's scores. I was reading Oleg's thread on their ECHLGF contest in Oct and they're planning to run these new tasks. We'll all be flying these tasks at contests next year anyway since they become official on Jan 1.

Regarding task strategy... I think last two flights and especially 1,2,3,4 are the most stategic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Yes, that's my take on it as well, what I meant is that there is no form/score sheet in the software currently to take the numbers. If you max out your time slots there are only a few tasks that can accomodate more than 3min
If Oleg is running these tasks at the east coast contests then I would assume he will soon be update his F3KScore software to handle them.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 10:57 AM
hot air rises...
jfinch's Avatar
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,542 Posts
Ohhh. I hadn't thought about the scoring software. Good point.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:57 PM
hot air rises...
jfinch's Avatar
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger Rash View Post
The pilot list is shaping up:


Jon LeMon.... Available


Time - Pilot's meeting at 8:00am
[clears throat]
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:00 PM
A different attitude to RC
extremewing's Avatar
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,464 Posts
Is 8 am good for everyone? Perhaps LeMon will not be building all night, but is Mike and the other northern folk OK with it?
extremewing is offline Find More Posts by extremewing
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:01 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
Hanger Rash's Avatar
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Update on the August 20th contest

All right. This is how Adrian wants the task list for the August (Salt Lake County) contest:

Task "H" - 4 best flights, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 max in any order, 10 min window
Task "B" - Last two flights, 4 min max, 10 min window
Task "F" - 3 best flights, 3 min max, 6 launches only, 10 min window
Task "G" - 5 best flights, 2 min max, 10 min window
Task "E" - Poker, 5 self nominated target times, 10 min window
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:23 PM
Mike M.
like.2.fly's Avatar
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremewing View Post
Is 8 am good for everyone? Perhaps LeMon will not be building all night, but is Mike and the other northern folk OK with it?
I'm good with 8:00.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:36 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
JONBOYLEMON's Avatar
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
[clears throat]

To hawk a luggie on your shoe!!!!
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 02:01 PM
A different attitude to RC
extremewing's Avatar
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,464 Posts
Ok, 8 it is (as I step aside to avoid what the two Jon's are up to!)
extremewing is offline Find More Posts by extremewing
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Colorado DLG Happenings... djensen Hand Launch 8059 Yesterday 04:55 PM
Discussion DLG event at "Soar Utah"? like.2.fly Intermountain Silent Flyers 4 Sep 09, 2010 11:58 PM
Poll DLG event at Soar Utah? like.2.fly Utah Flyers Organization 9 Aug 13, 2010 10:30 AM
Discussion DLG event at "Soar Utah"? like.2.fly Hand Launch 0 Aug 09, 2010 05:48 PM
Discussion Any Utah DLG fliers out there? seerspaz Hand Launch 12 Oct 09, 2009 11:41 AM