HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2011, 07:00 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
It's best to keep servo arms as short as possible, and aileron horns as long as possible...
Seems like I knew that from flying other planes. It's funny to me that when I fly something new, it's like everything I knew goes blank and I have to start learning all over again.

Thanks Mike.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2011, 10:54 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Let freedom ring! Happy 4th everyone.

I swapped my trainer switch for my rudder D/R switch so I can have a momentary launch switch. Tested it out this morning in breezy conditions. I like it much better than the standard switch I had there.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:12 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Anyone Flying DLG in Ut. County today?
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:21 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
We have a situation here that needs some help for our Ut boyz going to BSONM. A few weeks ago I borrowed a B3 wing peg from Adrian. He is now building the B3 from which I borrowed the peg. Does anyone have a spare B3 wing peg that Adrian can borrow.

I have been in touch with Kennedy Composite trying to replace them. For the last couple of weeks he has not received any in his weekly shipment. As soon as I can order some, I will order the ones we need plus extras.

If anyone has a spare, Adrian could use it for the BSONM trip coming up this week end.

Thanks
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:58 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,715 Posts
I can't help with the peg, but Jim A has (or had) some pretty nice pegs. I'll post some pictures of my install later tonight when the camera comes back from being hostage at the parade.

So with AD going to BSONM too, how is that changing our travel arrangements?

Jim, I'll most definitely be flying and maidening a new dlg today...
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jul 04, 2011, 12:08 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Jon are you going to AD? I am thinking about going out just now.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 12:09 PM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,462 Posts
Peg

I have a Steigeisen peg or a Robinson curved peg that he can have as a gift. Tell me the choice and give me an address to mail.

Dave Runyon
runyondave@aol.com
Launch-1 is offline Find More Posts by Launch-1
Old Jul 04, 2011, 12:13 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Launch-1 That is awfully kind of you, but now that you mention it I do have a Robinson myself. I will see if he wants to try and use that instead of the B3 peg. Thanks
Old Jul 04, 2011, 12:39 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
JonF AD is wide open right now.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:03 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,715 Posts
I'm stuck at walmart trying to replace a car battery right now.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:36 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
At AD right now the air is super homoginious or nutral. All flights about the same length. I met a guy named Robby. He saw me flying the B3 and he wants to fly. He hasnever flown before so I told him to get an Alula.

Hopefully he will come out to the sod farm on Saturdays.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
Flew in front of a big crowd this morning at our local park (in Liberty). Lots of people there for the celebration activities. I was in a big mowed alfalfa field beyond the rodeo arena where they were doing the kids mutton busting and chicken chasing. Not much lift due to solid overcast and threatening rain, but I was getting some good launches and turnarounds with the V2 (re-maiden after doing surgery on the wing tip and replacing the old blade that broke out with a new curved one). I think one flight made it to about 3 minutes hopping between neutral air pockets. Had 4 different guys walk out to where I was to ask about it. "That looks like so much fun. Where can I buy one of those?" One guy said I was generating more attention than the rodeo. Gave out some cards...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jul 04, 2011, 04:01 PM
Launch high, go long
Boise, ID
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Mike

I saw your mention of giving out cards to lookie-lus. What does your card say? I was thinking of making up a sheet with info on starter planes, radios, websites, etc. Does anyone else have any personal 'marketing' materials for DLG?

Mike G
LostVisual is offline Find More Posts by LostVisual
Old Jul 04, 2011, 04:08 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Cool Mike! I had two people ask about flying today while ad Art Dye Park.

I got to see a brand new Stobel get launched today. The guy actually hand tossed it before he put his back into it. Guess who the owner is (not me)?

I clocked 1:30 on my Tx today at AD. There was no wind and no lift until about 2:00 then the wind picked up. I worked on my hand catches or should I say I worked on getting the plane in the same park as I was. Anyway it was fun.
Old Jul 04, 2011, 04:09 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Mike G. That is a good idea. I wish I had something already made up. I could have given out a few today.