SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:36 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Picked up my new to me EponaNXT today. It is a beautiful ship! I'm waiting on a receiver that should be here any day.

Greg showed me his Vandal as well, it needs some work but should be a great contest ship.

Greg, I will be happy to help you laminate those areas that need it. I have the epoxy already and the flexible cutting boards. Let me perfect the process on the few areas I have left, and we can work on yours.

-Jim
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:53 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,067 Posts
Cool!

I also have a pair of Vandal wing core shucks you can use if they would be helpful in fixing any delams.

Since Greg decided to go for that used Vandal at BSOAZ, I told him I would buy back the brand new in box Blaster 2 kit he bought from me. So it is now available for sale again if anyone wants it. Price is $365 to a local flier, which is about $100 less than ordering one and paying shipping. It is the bright orange color with black wing bottom. Beautiful ship.

UPDATE: Greg decided to keep the Blaster kit for now. His wife wanted him to! She came with him to BSOAZ and must have thought the contest was pretty cool, and wants him to keep both planes. What a woman! You are a lucky man Greg...
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Last edited by like.2.fly; Nov 11, 2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:53 PM
Joined Sep 2004
807 Posts
Jim,

Enjoy the Epona, I did.
John
JOLOVINS is offline Find More Posts by JOLOVINS
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:08 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLOVINS View Post
Jim,

Enjoy the Epona, I did.
John
Thanks, John. I'm sure I will.

If anyone else is interested in the curved blades that C Robinson is selling let me know. I'm e-mailing back and forth with him trying to get an order placed.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:14 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Thanks, John. I'm sure I will.

If anyone else is interested in the curved blades that C Robinson is selling let me know. I'm e-mailing back and forth with him trying to get an order placed.
Yes, I'd like one. Order one for me and I will buy it from you.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:34 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,727 Posts
You guys are having too much fun!!
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:38 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
3,080 Posts
I'm glad you moved the thread. I've been subscribed for a couple months (since BSOC) as well as Weber County Flying and always thought you should have more exposure to the DLG community. It's a good thing.

I hope to see Team Utah! grow rapidly as you recruit more addicts, and I'm looking forward to BSOU. As I've said before... "sign me up"!

John
gopherhunter is offline Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:01 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
FWIW, I'm following both threads.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:28 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,172 Posts
Great job, Mike. This is the kind of enthusiasm that we need more of! Your flying shows it, too, Dust devil rider!!! LOL!

Jun C.
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:42 PM
Nampa, Idaho
Joined Jan 2003
190 Posts
Treasure Valley of Idaho Checkin In

Howdy all,

To my knowledge there is only myself and possibly one other DLG'er in the Treasure Valley. That would be Boise, Meridian, Nampa and all the outskirts. My wife is from Hurricane, I have daughter in SLC, and another in Happy Valley going to the Y. Visit Utah regularly. Now I only need a travel DLG since we downsized to a Corolla. I'll definetly be keeping in touch with this thread.

Loid
sherwoodski is offline Find More Posts by sherwoodski
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:43 PM
Reno Nevada
Joined Oct 2007
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipf-geier View Post
Blue Skies is expanding rapidly - are there any (organized) DLG flyers in neighboring Nevada?

I am the only major DLG flyer in Northern Nevada. In Southern Nevada, there have been a few, and one has flown Poway a few years back. Although I am always flying at open houses and local thermal contests, only one other has one flying off and on, and I built it for him.

At R/C Open house events I always get alot of attention and everyones thinks it is harder to Discus launch, but I convert their opinons when I let them try to launch only. They are blown away by the ease. It is only a matter of time!
Thermaln2 is offline Find More Posts by Thermaln2
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:17 PM
I sink, therefore I am...
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Jun 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaln2 View Post
In Southern Nevada, there have been a few...
I'm in St George, could you PM me some contact information?
espe is offline Find More Posts by espe
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:25 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge View Post
Did you get the Stobel done yet?
I'm workin' on it Georgie...errr, staring at it and thinking a lot about it anyway LOL! Tick tock tick tock tick tock... Hmm, I guess I'm a lot like Jun. Much rather fly than build. Plus I've never had a model that cost anywhere near this much before, and I'm afraid to touch it . Sure is fun to look at though

Maybe I will get it done in time for the JE Memorial in Long Beach next January .

12 degrees and snowing here last night. Man I miss that Arizona weather...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:37 AM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Mike,

If we fly this weekend I'd like to take a look at it. I might jump on the Stobel list at SUSA.

J
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:42 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherhunter View Post
I'm glad you moved the thread. I've been subscribed for a couple months (since BSOC) as well as Weber County Flying and always thought you should have more exposure to the DLG community. It's a good thing.

I hope to see Team Utah! grow rapidly as you recruit more addicts, and I'm looking forward to BSOU. As I've said before... "sign me up"!

John
Good to see you here John! Interesting to note that things are pretty quiet on our Weber County thread these days. More and more guys are seeing the light and converting to DLG, and now this is where all the chatter is. Over 750 posts in less than 3 months! Now if we could just start converting some more of those Davis, Salt Lake, and Utah County guys down south. I'm working on it! Jon Finch just bought a Blaster. Maybe he and Adrian and Alex will help our missionary efforts among the Rebels down there