HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Oh, so we do wanna be bringin the smack on over here now????

All right then, lets put our $ where our mouth is. In preparation H for Saturdays GMO task lets hope kid Jim is figuring out how to launch a plane w/o breaking it, and how to fly longer than I do...........

And you to AD......

Put that on your calendar, and smoke it boys!!!!

Actually, let me rephrase that for Alex, do not smoke your calendar!!!! Seriously, just keep it right there on the wall with those pretty pictures of far away places......

Oh and I saw that Finch just posted before I got done..... Seriously?????? Lets just get to where you can drive to the park w/o the skirt having to hold your hand while you get in and out of the back seat.....

Oh yeah!!!!! Bam!!!!!

Speaking of, when and where is the GMO? I have a slight chance I could make it......
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:10 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,558 Posts
Edit: I didn't mean equal area. But equal moments. Balance point.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:12 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,558 Posts
Edit: I'm ridin the Percocet train right now...
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:14 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Finch if tomorrow night is as nice as tonight was, see if the lady friend can haul your XPS over to AD for some sunset flippin.

But actually Thursday looks way better than tomorrow does as far as evening weather.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:25 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Lunch time flip off in slow motion... (2 min 48 sec)

Next time I will try and get the actual flying in the frame!!!!!!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:30 PM
Cottonwood Heights
Joined Jul 2005
168 Posts
So what's the technique for digging a bad servo out of a wing without destroying the wing?
thecirque is offline Find More Posts by thecirque
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:42 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
How did you glue it in???

Dremmel?

Also on my TS the servos are just taped in place. Seems to be working ok.... When I read about glueing them in place I just kinda shuddered and thought....... what if there is ever a problem???

ALSO on the B3 and the wing peg. Does this look like its in the right place? I was also thinking of twisting it ever soo slightly as shown in this pic. What think ye???
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:56 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Oh, so we do wanna be bringin the smack on over here now????

All right then, lets put our $ where our mouth is. In preparation H for Saturdays GMO task lets hope kid Jim is figuring out how to launch a plane w/o breaking it, and how to fly longer than I do...........

And you to AD......

Put that on your calendar, and smoke it boys!!!!

Actually, let me rephrase that for Alex, do not smoke your calendar!!!! Seriously, just keep it right there on the wall with those pretty pictures of far away places......

Oh and I saw that Finch just posted before I got done..... Seriously?????? Lets just get to where you can drive to the park w/o the skirt having to hold your hand while you get in and out of the back seat.....

Oh yeah!!!!! Bam!!!!!

Speaking of, when and where is the GMO? I have a slight chance I could make it......
My appologies to Mike for once again bringing the smack over here. I didn't get to fly today.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:01 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,558 Posts
Tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be WINDY. I'm thinking about heading to the point if so. If it's not windy, and it's somewhat dry, I'm heading out to Eagle Mountain for some pylon practice. Speaking of which, if that video was slow motion you should be racing your dlg in our pylon races... that was quick! BTW, what video editing program are you using? Windows MovieMaker doesn't do that great when trying to speed up video.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:11 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecirque View Post
So what's the technique for digging a bad servo out of a wing without destroying the wing?
This is what I do. First off... install the servo wrapped in masking tape then glue into the wing. To remove it just cut a slit through the tape and peel back and work the servo out. Then pull the tape out and wrap a new servo.

If you didn't wrap the servo in tape and it's glued to the top skin, get some of that canned air that you use to spray off computer equipment. Tilt it upside down so it sprays liquid. Spray it on the top wing skin directly over the servo and get it REAL cold. Now using a pair of pliers or a screw driver pop the servo out. Sometimes a twisting action helps. An ice cube held on the top skin over the servo will work too. If it's not up against the top skin just pull it out along with some foam underneath. Clean all the foam out of the hole and shape a new piece of foam to fit under the new servo and glue them both in place. USE TAPE around the servo.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:16 AM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Finch I used WMM and it came out ok. It's a bummer that the original was in HD and WMM made it all crappy like. And yep, that was slow mo. I think the wind made us look faster....
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:19 AM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
And Jim I understand why so hostile now. If I had not flown today I woulda been a punk as well......

Lucky for me I got to fly though......
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:44 AM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
Wal*Mart is now selling thermals in the lift section of their parking lot.

Dust Devil in Wal-mart parking lot (0 min 27 sec)
6Killer is offline Find More Posts by 6Killer
Old Apr 13, 2011, 09:18 AM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
I wonder how much it is though???? $3.98..... That thing also looks made in America, you sure thats a Wal Mart????

And do you think Target would price match???
Old Apr 13, 2011, 09:52 AM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
Knowing Wal Mart there's probably a quality control problem. It could very easily damage my plane. I'll go elsewhere. Just like Walmart though to sell something you can already get for free. I guess they wouldn't price match either since nature doesn't sent out coupons in the Sunday paper.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj