SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:31 AM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
825 Posts
I'm up watching back to the future my radio and my plane are right here, if you wanna call me we canfigure it out.
Extremeace is online now Find More Posts by Extremeace
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:31 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Let me shoot a video real quick as I would imagine its an easy fix, just something I am overlooking.

Its when I switch between launch, speed, cruise, and thermal, the rudder and elevator are moving just a bit.

Video @ 11:00 ish....
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
Check your trims for each flight mode.
I agree with Tim. You probably changed the setting where the trims are no longer linked across all flight modes. This is a good thing but you have to set the trims for each mode. You can go to your main screen and flip between modes to see if the trim tabs move. Then set them all to the same value.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:50 AM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
825 Posts
So is everyone going to fly up north today? How long will you guys be out there?
Extremeace is online now Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:03 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,137 Posts
I can't stay much past 1:00. Sorry dude. I assume they are probably having a big wing ding down at Art Dye today as well, which will probably go until dark.

FYI, Greg went to the swap meet and stopped by BDO on his way home. Said conditions look great. Everything dried out nicely. No mud.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:35 PM
What was I looking for??
Harrisville Utah
Joined Nov 2007
166 Posts
Ace, if you want to come up I'll hang aroung to flip for ya, so let me know
Big Weed is offline Find More Posts by Big Weed
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:37 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
There was some great lift out there today, most of it turbulent until you got up high

Black SALy got quite a bit of air time and I'm getting it dialed in but it's taking a while. My last flight with her could easily have been a 9:59 poker round , I even tried talking the guys into launching halfway through my flight for an AULD.

Mike, hope the repairs go well
Old Feb 12, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,137 Posts
Tx batt failure! Topped off charge this morning and it showed full voltage. Flew for about 45min and others heard it beeping, but not me. I can't hear that particular frequency unless Tx is right next to my ear. Stobel V3 went straight in from top of launch ! Looked down at Tx and switch was on but screen was blank. It had shut off due to low voltage. Crushed the nose good (and the deaf pilot) . Wing ok with just a little crack top & bottom skin near root on right side. Fuselage also cracked in wing saddle. Everything repairable . I wanted to redo my servo & batt install anyway.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 05:35 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Sorry Mike. I heard that beeping from where I was, but I didn't know you couldn't hear it. I feel really bad. Next time I hear beeping I'll yell out. Just hope I don't make everyone check their transmitters and lose sight of their plane in the process... That'd go over well.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:08 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,137 Posts
I wonder if I could somehow get Futaba to upgrade the Tx with either a louder warning beeper, or one at a different frequency?

The real question is why did my Tx battery die? It's only a couple months old, and was fully charged.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:53 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Mike, that is very odd. What type of battery is it? I know you and Greg were talking about LiPo's but not many TX come stock with that. It would be worth a call or email to Futaba to see what could be done.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:12 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,311 Posts
If it's NiMh, did you do a "forming charge" on it when you initially got it?

Essentially, what a forming charge is, is a VERY low, slow charge, that "tops off" all the cells. If you don't do this, you get a "flase peak." It looks like the battery is charged, but really, only a few of the cells are, at best. When the other cells that aren't fully charged hit "the knee" the voltage dumps quick, and you're S.O.L.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:14 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,203 Posts
I've had that happen to me back in Jersey. 'Fully charged' 700mah pack. It was a very cold day and I'm glad that one of my flying buddies heard it and alerted me. I have really bad tinnitus and I can't hear certain sounds, too, Mike!!!
It was charged from a Triton charger and everyone thought that it gave a false peak.

Try to cycle the battery a few times. Get a backup pack.

I'm glad the Stobel is repairable.

Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
I wonder if I could somehow get Futaba to upgrade the Tx with either a louder warning beeper, or one at a different frequency?

The real question is why did my Tx battery die? It's only a couple months old, and was fully charged.
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:26 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,137 Posts
Anybody have some spare carbon fiber cloth laying around that I could buy?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,154 Posts
Lipos in the tx = The BOMB.

So sorry to hear "Or not HEAR" about the crash.
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:43 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,877 Posts
I too can not hear the beeping of my transmitter on low power. Sorry about your crash.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch