HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:19 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
I talked with Greg last night about batteries and charging, he mentioned this product. It looks great for those of us using NiMh, but obviously it won't work on the LiPo's.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:55 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
Matt, in talking with Dave J. about CDing BSoUT for us, his opinion is (and I fully agree) that he will be the official CD on paper, but will basically just be a figurehead. As assistant CD it will be up to you to handle the actual duties; making the calls and keeping things flowing smoothly with regards to running the tasks, rule enforcement, and scoring. Dave will be there serving a consulting role, lending guidance and experience, and helping/clarifying where needed. He can also do his magic with the "live to the web scoring". You should talk to him about that and get familiar with the technologies he uses, as I'm sure we will want to continue doing this in the future. He pioneered the real time scoring at the CO and AZ events, and it was a big hit. Thanks for your help Dave! And thanks Matt for accepting the CD responsibilities. I'm sure this first year will be a huge learning experience for all of us. It will be fun. Can't hardly wait!
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:10 PM
Fly Cheap. Fly Hard. Fly Daily
USA, UT, Riverton
Joined Aug 2005
381 Posts
Gotta get some signatures from clubbies indicating I'm fit to serve as a CD in a state-wide contest. That'll be interesting, as the only contests I've overseen was as the announcer for several Ute events
redgiki is offline Find More Posts by redgiki
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:16 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
3,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
Some pics of A.D. and I from this weekend... Chuckin' some glider...
You sure have a beautiful place to fly.
gopherhunter is offline Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:42 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Great shots! Are you guys planning on going to the Pres. Day fly in?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:46 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,201 Posts
I'm not from Utah but Mike gets my vote.

Jun C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingj View Post
With so many decisions being made and so much input right now, I suggest we try and keep some order. I propose we elect a Chair that can make the final decision for official events and activities.

It seems like ideas and plans are spiraling and we have to keep voting. Input is great, but how can we make a final decision without someone to give the final say. There are some good people in this thread who have contributed much to the growth of DLG and we are super grateful and I don't want to hurt any feelings. I myself have disagreed with multiple people on multiple points, but that will always be. I need to suck it up if the group decides differently than I do, and always need to realize that we need to benefit the entire group and the growth of the sport. We are lucky to be growing as we are at this time and to receive so much recognition from our neighboring states. We really have a good chance of making this take off.

I think this person should have the most DLG experience and love for this sport. Someone who studies it incessantly and is dedicated 100%. Frankly, I can only think of one person who should be leading the group: MIKE (like.2.Fly). He has seemed to forsake every aspect of RC for DLG not to mention his real planes. He has also started each and every thread and recruited and encouraged so many.

Success in thermal flight requires careful thought and sensitivity to how the plane moves and reacts to the air around it... So should we be careful to each and every decision to the growth and success of our group. The wrong turn could easily take us out of that thermal and right back to the ground. Sounds like a lot of hot air, huh?... Lets help this group take flight and elect a chair.

In saying this I would like to nominate Mike as our Utah DLG Chair.

What say ye? Does anyone second the nomination?
jcats is offline Find More Posts by jcats
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:19 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats View Post
I'm not from Utah but Mike gets my vote.

Jun C.
Thanks Jun! I appreciate that. It means a lot coming from you.

I sure hope you can make it up here for our contest next year. You talked about seeing some of our beautiful red rock country. Now you need to come a little farther north and see the mountains! We would be honored to have you fly with us. I understand you may be busy with that little event over in Sweden though...

What are the dates for the F3K World Championships in Sweden next year?

UPDATE: Looks like July 3-10 from what I can tell. So maybe there is still hope for you and the MoBros to join us???
Last edited by like.2.fly; Nov 17, 2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:02 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
Some pics of A.D. and I from this weekend... Chuckin' some glider...
Good job Alex and Adrian! We should try to do a DLG demo at the President's Day fly-in down there this year...
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:24 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
824 Posts
OH HECK YEAH!!! We're goin! A demo would be fun... There's a big field just before you get to the airstrip... I think it'd be fun to maybe practice some tasks. This DLG thing is ADDICTIVE... I wanna fly with others, and maybe compete one day!
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,729 Posts
Alex...looks like you are ready to compete right now!
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:43 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
I'm going to try and get the Pres. Day event on the calendar then.

For those who got in on the group buy of the curved throwing blades, they have shipped
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:57 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh! View Post
Alex...looks like you are ready to compete right now!
Thanks man!
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:11 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Looks like you and Adrian enjoyed the warm sun down there. I wish I could have come with you guys. I'll be at my father in laws the week after Christmas in Avondale AZ so I'll for sure bring my DLG and enjoy the warmth.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
Go hook up with the Chandler Bowl gang and other AZ pilots while you are there! You would have a blast flying with the MoBros, Dave R., John A, Tim & Norm, Charles M, Dirk, Vu, and the rest of them. Great bunch of guys down there.