SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2010, 05:56 AM
Joined Aug 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
It is quite hard to fly! I've tried it out last week (not that head - but $14 one). Anyway - that's head without any FBL 3 (or 2) axis controller!

If you get flybarless gyro - it is a bit easier than with flybar. But - then $10 cost of the head will be completely insignificant in comparison to price of flybarless controller...
Yeah, I see that the head is the cheap part.

This will set me back quote a bit
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10935

I think 3 AXIS Walkera RX from the V400D02 can be used...
bymannan is offline Find More Posts by bymannan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:07 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bymannan View Post
Yeah, I see that the head is the cheap part.

This will set me back quote a bit
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10935
WOW - that is drop in price we can see there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bymannan View Post
I think 3 AXIS Walkera RX from the V400D02 can be used...
In matter a fact I'm struggling with 2610V on Hk450Pro with D922ms servos. Actually - people here might help:

What does it mean if I have a bounce on high gain on cyclics? Servos too fast? Too slow? Move ball one (two!?) balls in or out? Argh - my head is going to explode...

Somehow I think 2610V was made as stabilisation unit for flybarred heli (4g6) and using flybarless head puts it (gain on the unit) outside of programmed parameters (too slow servo it wasn't meant to be used on). So, next step would be to try HK FBL head with original blade holders (lose resolution but gain on speed). Hm... And D922 were supposed to be quite fast... Don't know what to do really...

Generally - I can increase gain to the max and it will feel sluggish and will have significant bounce. If I lower the gain (to around 30%) it is quite better but then it stops controlling the heli and it pulls down-left... Any suggestions are welcome!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:18 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
I read up a bit on FBL setups last night, specifically on DIY systems. As near as I can tell that would mean that your phasing isn't right. I have to assume the Walkera receiver won't let you adjust phasing?
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:24 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
I read up a bit on FBL setups last night, specifically on DIY systems. As near as I can tell that would mean that your phasing isn't right. I have to assume the Walkera receiver won't let you adjust phasing?
Hm. No. Of course not. That's Walkera, right? But, it might be good point, phasing wise. Could you paste here links where you got that idea?

BTW - head is not DIY - it is HK head on HK heli... And if phasing is not right - it would be for 90 as everything else is quite spot on... Hm... BTW Thanks for the idea
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:28 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1233263

Specifically post #36. He says, "The Firefox is set up with 0-degree phasing. I tried 45-degrees with it and it was really wobbly. I could get it to hover, but any control inputs would make it precess, i.e. wobble in a circular fashion, as if the damping input to the rotor disk was out of phase with the motion it was trying to damp."

I have to assume this is the wobble you were talking about?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:33 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
I don't have wobble. It is stable. But when move to one side (roll to right for instance) it requires more input then normally and then when I return stick to middle it moves certain degree back. It acts almost like tail that has a 'bounce'. That's when gain is high. When gain is low - it tends to nose dive and roll to left at the same time.

Small Walkera is locked on and quite precise with that receiver (without flybar of course). This big one isn't. I still think that servo arms length (or distance of blade holder link) causes it... Somehow...

Also, I've just checked what I have done - I've set head to have leading edge control which might not be the way it would expect. Or, maybe it makes no difference...
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:34 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Read a bit further in the last few minutes. Apparently it has to do with how quickly the controls react. On post 55 he says that he increased his decay and it flew properly without him having to mess with phasing. Once again I'm guessing there's no adjustment on the Walkera unit for servo delay?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:54 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Read a bit further in the last few minutes. Apparently it has to do with how quickly the controls react. On post 55 he says that he increased his decay and it flew properly without him having to mess with phasing. Once again I'm guessing there's no adjustment on the Walkera unit for servo delay?
Hm. There is. Although I didn't notice any difference if I leave it at zero or near zero or increase it significantly. I must read through that thread now! BTW - I really like the whole idea in that thread so I'm very grateful you pointing out to it!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:56 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
No problem. With units like the Turnigy Vbar out now, $105 for a DIY board is a bit on the high side for me, but it's still nice to be able to know how to do one if I wanted to.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:06 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
No problem. With units like the Turnigy Vbar out now, $105 for a DIY board is a bit on the high side for me, but it's still nice to be able to know how to do one if I wanted to.
Ah, that's completely different thing: with factory built things you can't tinker with it - you don't know exactly what is it doing. Also, building one for yourself you get lots of fun and knowledge about how things are supposed to be working. And, at the end you have something that does what you want (hopefully ) and you'll be able to enhance it over time to be even better than what is there on the market. But, the process of getting there is something people really like and that's why they're doing it!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:33 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,087 Posts
has anyone tryed flying there helis without the flybar weights ? i did with mine and lowerd my pitch range on the ailerons and elevator , i guess i have been reading my pitch guage wrong this whole time. before when i was in a hover it was at 6 to 7 degrees , then with the ailerons pitch was another 6 , 12 degrees . i lowerd the ailerons /elevator to 3 degrees and i have to say its alot more docile . i took the weights off and it flys smooth now . i dont think its me getting better at flying, i think its the heli .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:33 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
I took off my flybar weights around the 2nd week I was flying. I moved them in about 1/8" after every flight until I hit the flybar cage, then removed them completely.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:48 PM
No such thing as overpowered
Suffolk, England
Joined Sep 2008
1,802 Posts
can anyone point me in the right direction to a good build thread??

I have just got the barebone alloy one. It looks good but very "flat Pack"
Wilit run? 353 is offline Find More Posts by Wilit run? 353
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:10 PM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience View Post
I have 2 of these and 2 of the other ones and only the orange rx gave me a moment when it lost signal for about 1/10 of a second while flipping. I think the antenna was pointing right at me. The other ones have 2 antennas and I arrange them 90 deg to each other so I think they have less chance of signal shadow.. no pucker moments yet. However, I have had 2 more of the parkflyers on order for a while now and no sign of being in stock.
what a coincidence..

orange sat rx
rocketscience is online now Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:12 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
$15? That makes the total cost for the receiver and satellite $30. If I were going to pay that much for a receiver I'd just go to an FHSS system.

Edit:

Correction $23. Still too much. The price of the satellite being more than the receiver is crazy.