HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2011, 04:55 PM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
My advise is to practice on the sim with the larger models like 90 size. Once you get the stick movements down, then go back to the smaller ones.

I don't why everyone likes the Phoenix? I have helis ranging from the 4g6 to a 700e and Real Flight is more like the real thing to me.
umm you have a good 4G6 model? Ive yet to find one that works and feels correct. can I get it from you?

oh and yes I agree with you regarding phoenix, when I first tried a sim it was back in 1985 and the helicopter sims were rather poor back then, still helped me but they were bad, recently (5 years ago) I tried them again and still couldnt say oh I like this one or that one, but lets say 2 - 3 years ago is when I really started to notice things as that is when I started to do 3D, I found phoenix was great but realflight felt just that little bit more realistic to me. All of them fly great in "normal flying mode" it's just during the flips and rolls that it feels different somehow...
EatAtJoes is offline Find More Posts by EatAtJoes
Last edited by EatAtJoes; Jan 11, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:58 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAtJoes View Post
Thanks I appreciate that, I will try again and see if I can "feel" the timing....
yep, thats how i do it. try it with music. that usually works for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoWXr18sGW4

Just getting some thumb practice here, I usually get stick slippage. I just need to get use to the stirring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ULxhiBH1I
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 12, 2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:07 AM
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Stupid Guy

I was driving down the road to go to the hospital to see my dad, on the way there is a small park, all of a sudden a 450 is going across the road I brake, I open the window and shout out, "hey you idiot, thats a 450 that could slice someone up and you almost hit my car, your not even in the park, whats wrong with you" he looked briefly laughed and kept flying...

I thought man some people are nuts.....

oh and that park has swings, slides, and generally children's stuff to play with, not a grass area to fly in.

sheesh
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:37 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
I can already see rc helicopters being banned from public areas - as more and more people like that get into the hobby

Here's another example:
700e on street (2 min 10 sec)
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:07 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
I was driving down the road to go to the hospital to see my dad, on the way there is a small park, all of a sudden a 450 is going across the road I brake, I open the window and shout out, "hey you idiot, thats a 450 that could slice someone up and you almost hit my car, your not even in the park, whats wrong with you" he looked briefly laughed and kept flying...

I thought man some people are nuts.....

oh and that park has swings, slides, and generally children's stuff to play with, not a grass area to fly in.

sheesh
car vs 450:

1)EAJ neglects to brake.
2) WHACK!!!!!!!
3) car wins!!
4)EAJ speeds away knowing that pilot will have a hard time explaining how car came to hit heli!
5) EAJ has warm fuzzy feeling of poetic justice, and from imagining it was a trex!!
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:13 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
i have real flight basic , i cant really do anything but fly and pick about 30 different aircraft and change wind direction and add wind. i want to pick up another simulator like phoenix so i can change the flight charactoristics of the aircraft like i fly them in real lfe . real flight is way too expencive , the reason i went for the basic , but now phoenix is in my price range and with a store coupon i can get it almost the same price as the real flight basic
I have had phoenix for a long time and i love it,,its aimed at heli more than planes ,,,all updates are totally free and its upgraded on a regular basis,,too many adjustments to tell you about
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:29 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frac View Post
car vs 450:

1)EAJ neglects to brake.
2) WHACK!!!!!!!
3) car wins!!
4)EAJ speeds away knowing that pilot will have a hard time explaining how car came to hit heli!
5) EAJ has warm fuzzy feeling of poetic justice, and from imagining it was a trex!!
Who fixes the damage to the car?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:53 AM
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
I can already see rc helicopters being banned from public areas - as more and more people like that get into the hobby

Here's another example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pFI3bYutio
And the vision I was having during that was a semi truck going in front of him something the size of a dual level car carrier type truck blocking his view of the street and another guy going past with a motorbike and instantly an injury.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:57 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
700e on street (2 min 10 sec)

That is insane! I mean literally insane!
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:59 AM
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
yep, thats how i do it. try it with music. that usually works for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoWXr18sGW4

Just getting some thumb practice here, I usually get stick slippage. I just need to get use to the stirring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ULxhiBH1I
I managed 3 pyro flips the very first go I had after watching your stick movements, but then do you think I could do it again.... damn the timing is killing me,.,.... lol tried for almost an hour and couldnt get more than one flip Im missing the first return somehow..... not giving up on this..... I have to do it now...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:17 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
We've come a long way since 1941.

Worlds First RC Helicopter from 1941 also Crazy Accident!! (2 min 29 sec)
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:01 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
We've come a long way since 1941.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b29Msu_7_sE&NR=1
Fantastic!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:01 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Who fixes the damage to the car?
the same person who would fix it if EAJ hadn't seen the heli until too late and then hit it.

personally,i think he should have called the police and made a complaint.
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:18 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
I managed 3 pyro flips the very first go I had after watching your stick movements, but then do you think I could do it again.... damn the timing is killing me,.,.... lol tried for almost an hour and couldnt get more than one flip Im missing the first return somehow..... not giving up on this..... I have to do it now...
lol you're good man elias. keep at it.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:20 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:

Here's another example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pFI3bYutio
That's not good. That's a flyin chainsaw. That could kill people.