HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:29 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Im in south wales and its still quite cold ,you could get a glove ,they make them to fit your tx and hands at the same time,,,as for the heli,how much pitch,head speed and expo are you using ?all these things will make a difference.
Hi Magic.
No expo, and i set the pitch to the bob finless vids, the mix is fine- it`s the time it takes to react to my input i want to reduce so i`ve decided to move the f/bar weights in and see how that goes.
I`ll get some fluorescent vinyl sheet to help with visibility and orientation too.
Cheers.
Dr.Crashenburn is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Crashenburn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:36 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,928 Posts
if its the speed then you need more pitch in ailerons and elevator . i have on the head +10-10 , and pitch on the ailerons are only 4 and elevator 4 . its super slow but very manuverable with 0 weights . if you want something quick put the pitch at 6 or 7 on ailerons and elevator .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:42 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
if its the speed then you need more pitch in ailerons and elevator . i have on the head +10-10 , and pitch on the ailerons are only 4 and elevator 4 . its super slow but very manuverable with 0 weights . if you want something quick put the pitch at 6 or 7 on ailerons and elevator .
That`s about the same as mine- i`ll move them in first and try that for a while.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 03:57 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Crashenburn View Post
That`s about the same as mine- i`ll move them in first and try that for a while.
A low head speed will make for slow reaction also,,,the faster the head the quicker the response time,will make the heli feel tight and responsive.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Jan 05, 2011, 04:02 PM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Hi all, not flying very much at all lately what with the snow plus can`t feel my fingers after a couple minutes and that`s not good when in the air
I have a question: i want to make the heli more responsive i.e not having as much delay between moving my fingers and seeing the heli react.

Should i move the flybar weights in (or ditch them) or increase servo throw?
My gut feeling says weights but i could do with some advice from someone who`s been there already.

Lately i`ve been having some orientation trouble and when i move the stick the way i think i should, the delay means i sometimes don`t get chance to counteract if i`m wrong. only had one crash because of this but i would like it to react faster.
Cheers
Ditch the weights and use expo to your liking, pitch depends on your needs, I have many 450's and I fly certain ones with certain levels of pitch but all have no weights, I have pitch ranges from +- 9 deg to +-12 deg,. ail/ele pitch +-3deg to +-8 deg, also headspeeds from 2600 - 3400 rpm depending on the heli.

So I guess it's try the heli see the angles and speeds you want and dial it in, but ultimately you need to mechanically set it as close to the mark as you can, then use the radio to fine tune it.

no use having a heli that can do 3400rpm and dialing it down to 2600rpm because heat etc will become a factor...

Elias
EatAtJoes is offline Find More Posts by EatAtJoes
Old Jan 05, 2011, 04:56 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,299 Posts
Dr Crashenburn,

Simply take the weights off. I found the heli much easier to fly without them. Who wants a heli that has a 1/2 second delay to every stick input you make? I guess it might help for a total newbie who has a tendancy to over control, but for anyone else, I think you're better off without them.
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:17 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
Hey guys, where online could I pick up some decent quality bolts for my 450 ? Had the main blades fly off the other day and would like to replace the main grip bolts.

any suggestions ? Would also like the same in 500 size.
http://www.rcscrewz.com/
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:32 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
So when i setup my heli the other day i forgot to check blade tracking. Whats the procedure for checking/setting the blade tracking?
It was always pretty easy on my HBFP.. You just twisted the blades. BUt i know on this hk450 its much different.
powerstroke01 is offline Find More Posts by powerstroke01
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:44 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,968 Posts
Warning: Off Topic Post

pitchp,

I noticed your location listed under you avatar, and had to look it up. Wow!

Here is one of the things that wikipedia stated about the city:

"Karaganda suffered the most severe electromagnetic pulse effects ever observed in history, when its electrical power plant was set on fire by currents induced in a 1,000 km long shallow buried power cable by Soviet Test ‘184’ on 22 October 1962. The test was part of ‘Operation K’ (ABM System A proof tests), and consisted of a 300-kt high-altitude nuclear explosion at 290-km altitude over Zhezkazgan. Prompt gamma ray-produced EMP induced a current of 2,500 amps measured by spark gaps in a 570-km stretch of overhead telephone line to Zharyq, blowing all the protective fuses. The late-time MHD-EMP was of low enough frequency to enable it to penetrate the 90 cm into the ground, overloading a shallow buried lead and steel tape-protected 1,000-km long power cable between Aqmola and Almaty, firing circuit breakers and setting the Karaganda power plant on fire."

Boy, the stuff that men think about, and experiment with back then!
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:45 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
514 Posts
Right, i`m gonna ditch the weights and take it from there.Thanks for the advice guys.
Would be grateful if someone could give me a rough idea what headspeed i have

HK450 heli onboard vid (7 min 51 sec)
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:52 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01 View Post
So when i setup my heli the other day i forgot to check blade tracking. Whats the procedure for checking/setting the blade tracking?
It was always pretty easy on my HBFP.. You just twisted the blades. BUt i know on this hk450 its much different.
This should give you an idea mate-
setting flybar paddles and blade tracking (9 min 53 sec)
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:55 PM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
Joined Nov 2008
2,537 Posts
Quote:
Right, i`m gonna ditch the weights and take it from there.Thanks for the advice guys.
Would be grateful if someone could give me a rough idea what headspeed i have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-iGHlZNnM
also mount the camera directly under the main shaft and that will eliminate most of the vibration waves you see, if possible use pads from gyro's and yes ditch the weights
EatAtJoes is offline Find More Posts by EatAtJoes
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:59 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAtJoes View Post
also mount the camera directly under the main shaft and that will eliminate most of the vibration waves you see, if possible use pads from gyro's and yes ditch the weights
Thanks i`ll give it a go.Night all
Old Jan 05, 2011, 06:12 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Quote:
This should give you an idea mate-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS03pSOzc3w
THanks. Thats pretty much what i figured.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:50 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Must have had a bad hk401b. Cause i put on my new Spartan Quark and the tail is now rock solid. Great gyro!