Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:22 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,025 Posts
80 with free shipping , that is a great deal ! I will keep an eye out for it Thanks
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:43 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat342 View Post
Yes I have it, built it and flown it. Very very very nice. A+++++ quality. Check out the thread at the freak where pictures and a my video is posted. I really like the Vwin RC.. I got the complete kit off ebay for 80 bucks a month back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-New-Desig...item27d0431048

Check out there store for other options also.
Any chance of a link to the tread please?
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:47 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Yes I have it, built it and flown it. Very very very nice. A+++++ quality. Check out the thread at the freak where pictures and a my video is posted. I really like the Vwin RC.. I got the complete kit off ebay for 80 bucks a month back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-New-Desig...item27d0431048

Check out there store for other options also.
Thanks for the review and the link. One thing I don't like about the kit is how the canopy fits on the frame. How does it fly compared to the Pro or Sport??
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:48 PM
Crash Expert
United States, OK, Yukon
Joined Jan 2011
433 Posts
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?...78#post4550378

I dont know if I can post this or not but if Not I am sorry in advance.
Swat342 is offline Find More Posts by Swat342
Last edited by Swat342; Mar 14, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:53 PM
Crash Expert
United States, OK, Yukon
Joined Jan 2011
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Thanks for the review and the link. One thing I don't like about the kit is how the canopy fits on the frame. How does it fly compared to the Pro or Sport??

I have never flown a sport so I can not tell you. However, It is smoother than my pro in every aspect. I can hands free hover for several seconds before I have to correct anything. The parts move more fluid than my pro. I just can't say enough good about it. Yes the canopy needs some fiddling to get it to fit to your personal lickings. I spent about 2 minutes with the canopy until I had it where I like it. One good aspect is you can fit bigger batteries in this beast and have plenty of room to spare. You can put all align parts in it except the frame of course and the anti rotation bracket. Everything else is a direct replaceable. The quality was spectacular compared to my other clones. I did have to change the tail shaft because of a slight bent but I had also purchased bent tail shaft from align in the past. I am still in the process of perfect my ZYX gyro but so far this bird is the best I have owned.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,283 Posts
Excellent..!!! Trust me..Im very familiar with VWINRC kit quality. I have a 450 and 500 FBL. Both went together really nice.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:52 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,608 Posts
Quote:
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?...78#post4550378

I dont know if I can post this or not but if Not I am sorry in advance.
RCG, unlike some other sites , has no rule about posting links to other forums.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 14, 2013, 09:15 PM
Crash Expert
United States, OK, Yukon
Joined Jan 2011
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
RCG, unlike some other sites , has no rule about posting links to other forums.
That's good to know! Open source is better than closed! Especially in information
Old Mar 16, 2013, 01:46 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
Hello, me again!, heh. after a minor crash, my tail is not exactly holding. it spins counter clockwise (looking from the top). all the gears seem fine, but i had to replace the ball link that connects to the rear tail ball. because the plastick broke. would a mechanically incorrectly set tail make it spin like that? or should the gyro compensate for it in HH mode? should I be looking into re adjusting the tail servo /and rod or maybe my tail servo is bad? it works fine on the bench and under some finger load on the rod.

I reverted to 3D soft settings in the gyro , to make sure it's nothing like that, and it still spins on me

I'll go as far as to say the spinning is not consistent rate.. in HH mode it might hold for a second and then spin on me, then hold a little, and then spin.
tsakali is offline Find More Posts by tsakali
Last edited by tsakali; Mar 16, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 01:50 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,600 Posts
Something in the tail is binding. Do you have a turntable? I had a tail once that only failed under the centrifugal force of the spinning tail blades. Kinda dangerous to test. Bent tail feathering shaft maybe?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:05 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,283 Posts
Check to make sure the tail blade grips have the pitch links facing the leading edge.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
as a mater of fact I do have a disk turn table, lol I guess that's a good idea! might have to try that for testing purposes.

as for the grips... not sure if that matters since a tail mod video has them reversed... which is what I'm using , and b4 the crash it was working fine in this configuration.

but I'm guessing that i am correct in thinking that the HH gyro should have compensated if it was a mechanical setup issue? or would it make the gyro misbehave if the mechanical setup wasnt correct?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:29 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
actually i have a brand new spare entire tail assembly.. should I go as far as to replace the entire thing to rule out anything wrong with it? or maybe just the feathering shafts? when I remove the servo out of the equation, the rear tail pitches manualy pretty smoothly..on the bench
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:34 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali View Post
actually i have a brand new spare entire tail assembly.. should I go as far as to replace the entire thing to rule out anything wrong with it? or maybe just the feathering shafts? when I remove the servo out of the equation, the rear tail pitches manualy pretty smoothly..on the bench
That would be a good idea, it does sound like the tail is binding.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:42 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali View Post
Hello, me again!, heh. after a minor crash, my tail is not exactly holding. it spins counter clockwise (looking from the top). all the gears seem fine, but i had to replace the ball link that connects to the rear tail ball. because the plastick broke. would a mechanically incorrectly set tail make it spin like that? or should the gyro compensate for it in HH mode? should I be looking into re adjusting the tail servo /and rod or maybe my tail servo is bad? it works fine on the bench and under some finger load on the rod.

I reverted to 3D soft settings in the gyro , to make sure it's nothing like that, and it still spins on me

I'll go as far as to say the spinning is not consistent rate.. in HH mode it might hold for a second and then spin on me, then hold a little, and then spin.
This sounds like a loose belt , Try holding the tail and turn the head by hand and see if it skips on the belt
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo