HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:30 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Yes, exactly. 50c or something like that.

Always happy to help, though it can sometimes be a distraction from my teleworking, but what the heck...

I am a beer drinker, as it happens. I'm trying to track down a particular bottled I.P.A. I had in Orlando a couple of years ago, that's not sold round here. Trouble is I only remember it had a fairly colourful label, no helpful specifics such as an actual name....
I am in New Orleans so what you're looking for is bound to be around here somewhere :P

UPDATE: a few pages back I was complaining on how the collective used to react to my input ( was disappointingly slow ) Well come to find out that I had set up my original pitch shaft setup all wrong, because after following the proper order of putting together the feathering shaft, now my heli has transformed into a BEAST! super powerful and responsive to collective changes... maybe a little too much! I mght have to tone it down for now :P All my concerns about servos and the like, have completely gone. This went from acting like a scale model, to a proper performance machine. I am now very happy with this bird, and the abilities are there for it to challenge me as I get better and more confident. Granted I still haven't set up the right collective /cyclic compensations, and now that the main blades got their grove back, it really shows.

So word to other noobs out there, make sure you get your head setup right
tsakali is offline Find More Posts by tsakali
Last edited by tsakali; Mar 02, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:33 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,616 Posts
good to hear you sorted it - and one of the best things about FBL is how easy it is to soften the response to suit your flying style.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
K I think I need a comprehensive manual on how to set up the zyx..especially the advanced menu. when I try to lift off now, the tail acts as if it wants to lift up and then goes down as if I'm pumping the elevator, this is not a very anticipated movement either , it will pick up and then drop at random-like intervals. but all this happens quickly... withing 1 second it will lift up and then drop about 1 to 1.5 times.
Yesterday I noticed that the heli was veering forward, and I had to slightly keep pulling it back to me... could I have possibly damaged the elevator servo on my previous crash? the servo reacts correctly on the bench.
Last edited by tsakali; Mar 03, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:50 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,616 Posts
It sounds more like a servo problem than a controller one, but you might try flying all the five preset models to see if you get the same elevator behaviour.

If the cyclic gain was too high, you might get the shakes, but that tends to be two or three times per second, faster than you're seeing.

Try moving the elevator servo against some resistance, say by holding the swash as you move it, and see if that causes it to twitch.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:13 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
I was afraid of that but makes more sense. Its servo arm broke on my crash, so it prolly affected the servo as well. Thx, as always
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Does anyone have a manual or exploded view of the regular 450 flybarred head? I was given a flybarred head in pieces from an HK450 Pro and I need to assemble it. But I really can't figure this out. I have a gazillion screws, shims, bearings and whatnot here.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:32 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,276 Posts
wiseduck.....http://www.heliguy.com/i/T-Rex-450-P...mbo-Manual.pdf
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:34 PM
heli wrecker extrordinaire
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Nov 2004
184 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...23X4838X25.pdf
Nute is offline Find More Posts by Nute
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:36 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,557 Posts
Links to lots of manuals , including the 450 pro, here

http://www.helifleet.com/manual

Direct link

http://www.heliproz.com/images/Trex450ProManual.pdf
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:41 PM
heli wrecker extrordinaire
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Nov 2004
184 Posts
been awhile sinse i was last here....destroyed a few 450's lol....had fun. never could kill a canopy tho, them things are tough.... i tried (not on purpose)believe me.
Anyhow i ordered a couple more frames. gonna see if i cant get back to shreddin em. Aint done the fbl yet, think i will save that for awhile longer.
Nute is offline Find More Posts by Nute
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Ah righto, I've checked some of the manuals. I must've missed something or the manual I had was incomplete. This should help a lot!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:49 PM
United States, PA, East Berlin
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
I am a beer drinker, as it happens. I'm trying to track down a particular bottled I.P.A. I had in Orlando a couple of years ago, that's not sold round here. Trouble is I only remember it had a fairly colourful label, no helpful specifics such as an actual name.... [/QUOTE]

I am enjoying a nice becks sapphire right now which may become my new favorite beer
allisonmo2 is offline Find More Posts by allisonmo2
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:31 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
683 Posts
Beer... Ummm good !!!
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:09 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
683 Posts
I just pushed the button on one of these. http://www.oomodel.com/450-flybarles...n-p-63944.html

Plus the orange breakaway parts and balls. I am now starting to research FBL controllers. I really don't know much about them. I have Spektrum receivers and satellites. I'm reading the RCG ZYX thread now from the beginning.

The age old question is.... What are you guys liking for FBL controllers these days ??? Any thread links suggested ???

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:12 PM
RCHN #202
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Nov 2007
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
I just pushed the button on one of these. http://www.oomodel.com/450-flybarles...n-p-63944.html

Plus the orange breakaway parts and balls. I am now starting to research FBL controllers. I really don't know much about them. I have Spektrum receivers and satellites. I'm reading the RCG ZYX thread now from the beginning.

The age old question is.... What are you guys liking for FBL controllers these days ??? Any thread links suggested ???

Bill S.
The Tarot zyx has a good following, I fly that on my 450, and I have an Ikon on my Protos 500. The Tarot is good, the Ikon flies on RAILS. Partly due to the size difference, if I had the $$ I'd put an Ikon on the 450 to compare. I'm sure someone in here has the Ikon on their 450...
Dowquest is online now Find More Posts by Dowquest