HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:56 AM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
they hardly used to mesh.. now there a little play, so it shouldn't be too tight. I cant believe the gap that it had by default. the teeth were not even half way through each other's groves (if that makes sense)
tsakali is offline Find More Posts by tsakali
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:17 AM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
K so I got into my first proper crash today.. PRO TIP, don't attempt to fly at sundown

I'm trying to figure out what is this extra metalic piece on the main shaft .. is it this?
http://tarot-rc-heli.com/Tarot_RC_He...-rotation-gear

Also from this picture, can you tell if this i the right feathering shaft I need?

http://clubheli.com/Helicopters-and-...-Bearings.html

// Tarot 450 pro V2 FBL
Last edited by tsakali; Feb 24, 2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:54 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Hello everyone !!!

I'm considering going FBL on my Tarot FB 450. I know some of you have said good things about the Align DFC head. I'm not sure I want to go DFC right now and I'm considering these two heads. The black head I can get replacment break away ball studs and screws, havent found the breakaway pieces for the orange and black head but I like the looks of it better. Any opinions out there ??
Happy Flying
Bill S.
Hi can you tell me where you can get these replacement break away parts for this head from, thanks ?
ahamay is offline Find More Posts by ahamay
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:27 AM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
Here are some break away parts, not sure if they are what you're looking for
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-dfc...5_272_347.html
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:49 AM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali View Post
K so I got into my first proper crash today.. PRO TIP, don't attempt to fly at sundown

I'm trying to figure out what is this extra metalic piece on the main shaft .. is it this? Also from this picture, can you tell if this i the right feathering shaft I need?
http://tarot-rc-heli.com/Tarot_RC_He...-rotation-gear

http://clubheli.com/Helicopters-and-...-Bearings.html

// Tarot 450 pro V2 FBL
That goes in the main tail grive gear. It's the inner part of the one way autorotation bearing.

That shaft worked for me in my Tarot Pro FB. It should work for you. That's what it's made for. Nice Upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
Hi can you tell me where you can get these replacement break away parts for this head from, thanks ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110969326203...84.m1438.l2649

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Last edited by VelocityRC; Feb 24, 2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:38 AM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
k thx!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:12 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Hi Guys, just a heads up (no pun intended) on anyone that purchased the Tarot FBL non DFC head from Miracle Mart when they were on special for $11.90 (and had stock). I bought 2 of them and they arrived a few weeks ago.

I've worked out why they are on such a good special.... the feathering shaft has not been made correctly. The screws that go in the end to hold the grips and thrust bearings in does not screw into the feathing shaft all the way. It's about 2 turns too short. Looks like when they tapped the thread in the end it has not gone in far enough.

Both of my units are the same so I'm guessing they are all like that. The rest of it looks great and I just swapped out the feathering shaft with a spare.

This is the link to the Tarot head on special: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8741

Cheers
Jonesy
ahamay is offline Find More Posts by ahamay
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
well i just bought a kit from hobbycity with shipping for $57.00 i have to get all the electronics next i figured by the time i finish this i will have more time in on flying my mjx645 and ready to step up a notch.i would like to buy the real thing but don't want to be out alot on my learning curve.hope iam doing this right
timg734 is offline Find More Posts by timg734
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:12 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Would anyone know what size the tail screws are, that hold the assy together ? I have the HK 450 with the pro v2 belt tail assy.

Since this is in a fuse, I need to change the phillips head screws over to allen head.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:13 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,010 Posts
I couldnt find the belt version but found the TT one . hope it helps
http://www.heliguy.com/i/T-Rex-450-P...mbo-Manual.pdf
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:40 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Thanks for trying Jombo, but different tail assy, mine has the long through bolts.

Though I wonder if the thread pitch is the same. I can measure the length of the old bolts.... hmm.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if the HK clone helis are worth bothering with. My build wasn't exactly successful or anything. Vibration issues all over the place mostly, needs a new torque tube, blade balancing and I think the FBL head came with a bent main shaft. When I spool up the heli to 80% throttle or so, the entire head becomes a blur and you can see that it isn't straight. It gets even worse at some other points where it'll suddenly get into some kind of resonance frequency and vibrate from side to side by roughly 0.5 cm. That is significant!

Couldn't get the damn thing apart either, doesn't help that they use phillips screws in many places for some stupid reason. (With a very shallow cut too, so they strip easily, one is almost stripped already)

And then there's slop in the tail too.

I should've gone with an Align combo instead.

Or will buying an Align/Tarot head, align gears and an align TT assembly take care of this?
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
WiseDuck, it seems that all the HK clones come with a bent main shaft, just get a Align shaft for replacement.

Mine is a belt tail and havent had any issues with it, my problem stems from the fact that its in a scale fuse and I have to remove the tail for service/maintenance on the heli, and yeah those phillips heads screws suck.

Oh BTW, mine is FBL and has the Tarot FBL head on it, no problem there.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:19 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
So I guess these things will be on my shopping list..

Tarot or Align FBL head. (I tried to get this one off, but I really couldn't. The phillips head screws are on so tight that one was partially stripped, game over)

Align torque tube, the current one wobbles a lot inside the tail, even with dual bearings.

Balanced blades from a better place, main and tail.

Thing is, after I've bought all that, I've almost spent as much on it as a proper Align combo kit, with FBL gyro. So I don't know how long I want to buy parts for this thing..
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:29 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,010 Posts
Wow are these kits getting worse and worse as time goes on? The most I ever changed on my kits were main shaft , blades , and sometimes the gears .
I have to say though I haven't bought a 450 kit in over 2 years . I know I would crash and just bought them in bulk
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo