HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:37 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali View Post
k one more question! (lies) I got to push the pitch/throttle a little more today (pitch pump?), and I noticed some rapid tail bounce (back and forth about 2-3 times )...is the mixing or the tail gain the culprit? I hope it's not my tail servo (Henge MD922 Digital) on Head Hold mode
Usually its the throttle curve , if you have a steady throttle not linear its more stable . The head and tail speed doesn't change and the gyro is working better to hold it
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:14 PM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,224 Posts
Hi tsakali
+1 for Jombo
I used to have the same problem. I was using a linear throttle curve, which means that opening the throttle to climb had to speed up the rotors as well as increasing pitch.
This produces a peak of torque which the gyro cannot cope with.
Since going to a flat throttle curve (70% to 80% depending on gearing) the problem has almost disappeared.
Not gospel, but this thread has some good ideas
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1651066

Cheers

BL
Border Lord is offline Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
I just checked my settings against ridge_racer's settings, and apparently mine where a bit diff. not sure when and why I changed them, but I set it back to normal 0 45 75 78 80, and will see how that feels. thanx!

Haven't idled up yet :P trying to get used to 'throttle cut' instead of stick down.
tsakali is offline Find More Posts by tsakali
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:19 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Tsakali...how does the tail perform with a simple quick left or right yaw maneuver??
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:37 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,150 Posts
Quote:
I just checked my settings against ridge_racer's settings, and apparently mine where a bit diff. not sure when and why I changed them, but I set it back to normal 0 45 75 78 80, and will see how that feels. thanx!

Haven't idled up yet :P trying to get used to 'throttle cut' instead of stick down.
I only use a linear curve in setup, after that ,I set my normal curve at 0 -40-80-80-80. I only idle up to 80 80 70 80 80 . I also use a 4400kv motor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:38 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
Ridge racer, seems to be fine. Quick response and solid stops. Also now after setting the curve, it acts well under quick pitch changes...but i will also try a flat setup to see what feels better. Cheers.
tsakali is offline Find More Posts by tsakali
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:29 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
The main blades spin clockwise and the tail blades spin up into the blades .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nute View Post
so clock wise then..... thanks sir
Main blades clockwise when viewed from the top, tail blades counter clockwise when viewed from the right side of the heli.

Bill S.
VelocityRC is online now Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:13 AM
I can fly!
Australia, TAS, East Launceston
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Main blades clockwise when viewed from the top, tail blades counter clockwise when viewed from the right side of the heli.

Bill S.
I just swapped my tail blades around as I had them going the wrong dirrection, I set them up as per the hk photo.

Anyway it flies the same either way.
dceng888 is offline Find More Posts by dceng888
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:05 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Oh for **** sake. My brand new Tarot ZYX-S is dead. The SBEC I tested it with had reversed cables. So I sent reverse polarity into channel 1.

I got the **** thing today. Ugh, 60 bucks right down the drain, great.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,260 Posts
Quote:

Not sure if this means anything but I cut off a piece from my RX's antenna.
Yes it matters, it matters a lot. 2.4ghz is very picky about antenna lengths.

That bare piece of wire at the end is the actual antenna. You should be able to fix it by stripping an equal length from what is left. You have to remove both the plastic insulation and the RF shield leaving the core exposed. Best bet would be to strip a section a few mm longer and then clip the stripped part to match the one on the piece you cut off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
The length of the coax is not important, the length of the part at the end is.
So if you can get both the inner and outer conductor re-soldered to the board without any short circuit it will work.

A new receiver can be bound to your module, no problems there.
It won't work out of the box, but binding is quite simple.

Pat MacKenzie
It would be much simpler to just strip a new one out of what's left assuming it's long enough.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Feb 18, 2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:32 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Yes it matters, it matters a lot. 2.4ghz is very picky about antenna lengths.

That bare piece of wire at the end is the actual antenna. You should be able to fix it by stripping an equal length from what is left. You have to remove both the plastic insulation and the RF shield leaving the core exposed. Best bet would be to strip a section a few mm longer and then clip the stripped part to match the one on the piece you cut off.
He already fixed it by re-attaching it at the PCB.

The antenna on the FlySky receivers is not just the core wire sticking out of the coax, it is a BODA style like Hitec uses. And also like what they use in most of the transmitters.
You might be able to just strip the end as you say but probably at a reduced performance compared to the stock antenna.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:05 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,346 Posts
Was going through my various bank statements because I am doing my taxes and noticed I spent about 2100 dollars last year on the hobby. That includes a new 500esp build and 450 pro with electronics..What did you all spend last year?
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:51 AM
I can fly!
Australia, TAS, East Launceston
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
I don't keep track, that way I can honestly tell the misses I don't know.
dceng888 is offline Find More Posts by dceng888
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:54 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Was going through my various bank statements because I am doing my taxes and noticed I spent about 2100 dollars last year on the hobby. That includes a new 500esp build and 450 pro with electronics..What did you all spend last year?
I usually spend a little more than that . Just in the last 2 months i spent 2g in this hobby . last year ... well i just dont want to talk about it
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:12 AM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
2011 about 2.5G's 2012 was a lucky year requiring only maintence and a few upgrades / batteries etc. Just a few hundred for 2012. I forced myself to resist a new DX7s.

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.

EDIT: Hey Jombo, I like the new avatar !! Way Cool !!
VelocityRC is online now Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Last edited by VelocityRC; Feb 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM.