HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:56 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Align TTs are hollow tubes, right?

Machining a 300mm+ aluminium rod is a bad bad idea. No way any of these will stay straight all the way from the workshop to a customer.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:51 AM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
i always use align tt i swear i had a copterx 500 one i could bend with my jeti mind!
+1
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:52 AM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Align TTs are hollow tubes, right?

Machining a 300mm+ aluminium rod is a bad bad idea. No way any of these will stay straight all the way from the workshop to a customer.
Yes, Align TT's are hollow.

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Oh FFS!

So I guess the postal service decided to play football with my package. The torque tube arrived severly bent.

Couldn't Hobbyking pick a harder material for these?! These are SO easy to bend! Time to order some Align parts from a local store then. *sigh* At least I can use the bearing to reduce the vibrations on the one I have in my HK450.

Next time you order a TT always order as a pair with a tail boom..Then if the seller is smart, they can put the TT inside.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:28 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
That's what I did. Hobbyking kept them separate. Boom was fine. TT really wasn't...
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I always use align TT I swear I had a copterx 500 one I could bend with my jeti mind!

I knew it!!!
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
I knew it!!!
LOL , he means these guys
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,314 Posts
Quote:
That's what I did. Hobbyking kept them separate. Boom was fine. TT really wasn't...
That's a real shame. The ebay sellers are alot better with packing nowadays..
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:32 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
K , so I got to fly my tarot 450 pro v2 fbl a little over the week, but I feel like there is something wrong.

My input feel like they take too long to translate to movement.

On the bench , without the head spinning, the servos seems to respond well . but once in the air it feels disconnected. Could it be the TX/RX or possibly the servos cant handle the movements under the load of a spinning head, or possibly a setting in my ZYX-S gyro settings? Or could it be the "play" in my swashplate?

Not sure if this means anything but I cut off a piece from my RX's antenna.

I have included an image of the cut off piece, and a screenshot of my gyro settings.

I can't really enjoy it yet because I feel disconnected
tsakali is offline Find More Posts by tsakali
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:55 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,658 Posts
RC Deadband

I'd reduce the RC deadband values - I fly with 10 on cyclic and 20 on the tail. You have 40 and 64, which will definitely make it feel vague.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
Good to hear! Will try that out first thing tomorrow, thx. was hoping it could be something as simple as that. That screenshot means very little to me. Some more reading up on the gyro settings might do me some good.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:44 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,658 Posts
At the moment, you haven't got any cyclic to tail or collective to tail pre-compensation set either. It can help lock the tail in. Depending on the sense of your tail servo, you might need either a negative or a positive value - but the thing to watch for is that tail rotor blade pitch should increase both sides of neutral for either collective or cyclic stick movements - i.e. the tail slider should move towards the boom. I use a value of 4 for my cyclic to tail mix and 8 for collective to tail.

One way of determining the collective mix is to do pitch pumps with the tail set to rate mode, and even doing that with a deliberately low tail gain set. When you have the pre-comp value set right, it should eliminate any tendency for the tail to swing either in an ascent or a descent.

Happy flying!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:24 PM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
Do the pitch pumps have to be in flight, or can i just do it on the ground or in a low hover? It's going to be difficult to tune that in if I have to go to a field as I don't have a portable programmer. Great info btw, I'm looking forward to having a much better session tomorrow
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:26 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
tsakali,

As well as dropping the dead-bands, what expo do you have - too much expo can make your heli un-responsive, as can too little headspeed.

Good luck,
Mike
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:45 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali View Post
K , so I got to fly my tarot 450 pro v2 fbl a little over the week, but I feel like there is something wrong.

> .... <

I have included an image of the cut off piece, and a screenshot of my gyro settings.

I can't really enjoy it yet because I feel disconnected

I think your Receiver would feel pretty disconnected also without its antenna.
Youd be lucky to get any range at all. You really think the antenna is just for show?

Best thing to do is open up your receiver and solder on the part you cut off directly to the cirquit board.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman