HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
327 Posts


Just got one of this to replace the original tarot tail which already worn off/too much slop from the single arm control assemblies.
Its a direct replacement for trex sport.
It is very smooth much better than single arm slider, it may still having little slop from the linkage clearance on both slider screw.
Anyway it still better than the single control arm slider design, which it has reduce the slop.
What I like, it is very silky smooth sliding action control for the tail.
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:06 PM
just gotta mess with it!
2Doggs's Avatar
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovin View Post
Just got one of this to replace the original tarot tail which already worn off/too much slop from the single arm control assemblies.
Its a direct replacement for trex sport.
It is very smooth much better than single arm slider, it may still having little slop from the linkage clearance on both slider screw.
Anyway it still better than the single control arm slider design, which it has reduce the slop.
What I like, it is very silky smooth sliding action control for the tail.
Glad to hear it's working for you, and anything has to be better than the sloppy single-sided stock setup. I'd like to know if it could fit a belt drive 450 Pro.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
327 Posts
Pro & sport using the same tail sliding design & geometry is the same.
I had use Gsun dual push tail for both sport & pro clones, both the same.
Only different for Gsun dual & GoGo RC is the dual push is plastic arm and having less travel compare to Gogo RC metal arm.
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:54 AM
just gotta mess with it!
2Doggs's Avatar
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,825 Posts
I'd not come across the GSun dual push tail. Similar mechanisms, such as used on the TT Mini Titan and the latest Trex's use a dual pivot, whilst the GSun only seems to have a single pivot, so the fit would have to be sloppy, as the slider moves in a straight line but the single pivot arm swings in an arc . I'm using the Tarot TL1200-02 plastic mechanism, which is OK, and definitely an improvement over the stock single sided arm, but it wears fairly quickly.

Can you post a link to the GoGo.rc mech - I can't find it on their site!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:05 AM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,938 Posts
It's actually made by Hawk Creation (Hawk-RC). You will find both the silver and black versions here (for a little less than eBay and still very good service):
http://www.hawk-rc.com/index.php/ind...&category_id=0

gogo-rc eBay (good pictures):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Tail-Con...item3f209498d7
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:08 AM
just gotta mess with it!
2Doggs's Avatar
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,825 Posts
Thanks BF!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:07 AM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
I'd not come across the GSun dual push tail. Similar mechanisms, such as used on the TT Mini Titan and the latest Trex's use a dual pivot, whilst the GSun only seems to have a single pivot, so the fit would have to be sloppy, as the slider moves in a straight line but the single pivot arm swings in an arc . I'm using the Tarot TL1200-02 plastic mechanism, which is OK, and definitely an improvement over the stock single sided arm, but it wears fairly quickly.

Can you post a link to the GoGo.rc mech - I can't find it on their site!
I had the Gsun/ALZRC dual push tail (ALZRC version is exactly the same) and I was disappointed in it. The quality was low and it restricted the pitch slider movement.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:22 AM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,746 Posts
BG contacted me right away about my camera with the bad card slot. They are sending me a replacement camera. Another month to try this thing out!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:27 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
I had the Gsun/ALZRC dual push tail (ALZRC version is exactly the same) and I was disappointed in it. The quality was low and it restricted the pitch slider movement.
The Gsun is not good in quality, u had to do some mod to make it smoother.
Although it is not silky smooth, but it still having less slop as I had more than 100 flight with it.
Also considering the price is very cheap, my only grip it has less pitch travel.
So I use carbon tail blade nothing much to improve the pitch.
I yet to try the new vctrc dual arm to see if it is better than GoGo rc.
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:56 AM
Registered User
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,254 Posts
Anybody tried this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belt-Drive-4...item27cdb908d8

BL
Border Lord is offline Find More Posts by Border Lord
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:06 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
Well, just watch out for that tree!
Look on the bright side. The tree's only gonna get bigger.
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:07 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,311 Posts
Hey Pitch, can you please take your Victorian weather back please! 4 day long weekend, washed out. So much for sunny Sydney
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:21 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Looks interesting.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:35 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Does anyone know the part number of the capacitor that is sold to plug into the receiver to prevent brownouts?
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:45 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
pmackenzie's Avatar
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs550t1981 View Post
Does anyone know the part number of the capacitor that is sold to plug into the receiver to prevent brownouts?
SPM1600
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Protector

But this is a bandaid solution. Use a good enough BEC and you won't have any brownouts.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 450 HK with Futaba EX radio and 3114 FASST servos SLOPPY? PaulGT3 Mini Helis 9 Sep 02, 2013 06:10 PM
Sold HK 450 head/tail/frame/canopy/motor - $20 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 09, 2010 11:07 AM
Discussion Vendo HK 450 com Radio HK 7canais baratoooo !!! nino_sdk Brazil 0 Jul 26, 2010 09:42 PM
For Sale hk 450, exi 450 or copterx 450 HeliStyle Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 May 15, 2010 12:57 PM
Help! HK 450 or HK 600 kilo2018 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 21 Feb 25, 2010 01:48 PM