Joined Nov 2007
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
which 450 do you have? 450 sport / v3? Or 450 SE / V2

This is currently set at 450 V3. You may need to change it if you have the V2

http://gogo-rc.com/store/index.php?r...product_id=419

http://gogo-rc.com/store/index.php?r...product_id=534
I have the tail box on my 450 sev2. Works like a champ.
Dowquest is offline Find More Posts by Dowquest
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Guys what do you think of this? Outrage gear or not? Everyone in town is talking about this!! I'm thinking of trying it out.

Outrage Fusion 50 Tail slider

They are cloning everything!
A bunch of companies use that slider design including Eflight, Thunder Tiger and MSH. About time somone made one for Align helicopters.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:47 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
A bunch of companies use that slider design including Eflight, Thunder Tiger and MSH. About time somone made one for Align helicopters.
It would be interesting to know who came up with it first. I have a Kyosho Caliber 5, which has a similar arrangement, except that the arm on the tail crank isn't offset, but instead passes thru a slot in the tail boom, between the two sides of the tail belt. On the Caliber, the tail works great and has stayed very slop-free.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:46 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
It's also on my Gaui X7.
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:28 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
I landed a little hard on my 450 Pro and stripped the TT gear. I was wondering if I could take the whole tail setup from my V2 belt and use it to convert my Pro. Will it fit? I'm not liking TT at all.
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:15 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
I landed a little hard on my 450 Pro and stripped the TT gear. I was wondering if I could take the whole tail setup from my V2 belt and use it to convert my Pro. Will it fit? I'm not liking TT at all.
yeah tt sux, especially on grass and hard landings.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:13 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,151 Posts
EXI makes a belt version for the 450 pro. I use the TT for my scale projects . So much easier to slide the shaft into the tail than taking the whole tail apart for the belt.
And their out of stock http://www.xheli.com/exi-18003a.html
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:31 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
If your careful with your landings and also the surface your landing on then sticking with the TT i think it the better option. They are much easier to service and swap out the gears then the belt tail unit.

If you have a tail strike on landing on either then something is going to give, be it the tt gears or a bent tailshaft on the belt or worn belt gear from the belt slipping etc.

The two things that win me over with TT, is not having to worry about the belt, belt tightness, belt slipping and wearing belts etc... and also the ease of tt gear replacements in the tail.
ahamay is offline Find More Posts by ahamay
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:34 PM
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
EXI makes a belt version for the 450 pro. I use the TT for my scale projects . So much easier to slide the shaft into the tail than taking the whole tail apart for the belt.
And their out of stock http://www.xheli.com/exi-18003a.html
That EXI belt tail unit looks like junk. Even looks worse than a hobbyking tail case. It's even got phillips head screws holding the tail case together.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:37 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
That EXI belt tail unit looks like junk. Even looks worse than a hobbyking tail case. It's even got phillips head screws holding the tail case together.
I have it, and it has 50 flights on it , so far its holding up just fine..... as long as you don't crash
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:40 PM
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
I have it, and it has 50 flights on it , so far its holding up just fine..... as long as you don't crash
Hahha, good oh... hope you don't have to pull it apart
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:49 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,151 Posts
trust me ,at that price their a dime a dozen
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:29 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
519 Posts
which tarrot 450

Hi guys.
Which Tarrot 450 to buy?? so many models. Are some of the cheapies not the usual Tarot quality?? Some seem to cheap to be true.

Belt tail preferred, but that only seems to be a option the the cheaper/budget Tarrots
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...s-p-61751.html
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...e-p-61253.html
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...n-p-60751.html
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...n-p-60788.html

My current 450 (Dragonsky) just isnt reliable(yet) . It's hard enough to find flying time, what with all the summer wind in NZ & I seem to get 5minutes in before I get another issue.
So It might just be better to start again with something reliable.
I do have a HK450 pro waiting to be built, but I really dont have time for the long process of sorting out issues on another cheap clone.

I'm still very much in the beginner stage :hovering
I also have a new Tarot DFC head waiting to go into my next heli
Cheers
1101 is online now Find More Posts by 1101
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:32 AM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
If your careful with your landings and also the surface your landing on then sticking with the TT i think it the better option. They are much easier to service and swap out the gears then the belt tail unit.

If you have a tail strike on landing on either then something is going to give, be it the tt gears or a bent tailshaft on the belt or worn belt gear from the belt slipping etc.

The two things that win me over with TT, is not having to worry about the belt, belt tightness, belt slipping and wearing belts etc... and also the ease of tt gear replacements in the tail.
The thing is it wasn't even that bad a landing. Just slightly hard. I've landed worse before on my v2 belt and even crashed numerous times even on concrete and never had to replace any part of the tail assembly.
It might be that the HK plastic gears might be cheaper quality than Align. Still debating...
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:44 AM
RCHN #202
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Nov 2007
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Hi guys.
Which Tarrot 450 to buy?? so many models. Are some of the cheapies not the usual Tarot quality?? Some seem to cheap to be true.

Belt tail preferred, but that only seems to be a option the the cheaper/budget Tarrots
I'm still very much in the beginner stage :hovering
I also have a new Tarot DFC head waiting to go into my next heli
Cheers
Two of the heli's you have listed are the same, I would consider a flybarless, carbon framed, belt driven sport or pro heli if you can find it, keep it cheap while you are learning, hence the sport and belt drive recommendation. As long as you have a carbon fiber frame you won't be bending frame sets. you can run a tarot or alzrc flybarless controller, again, keeping costs down while learning.
Dowquest is offline Find More Posts by Dowquest