HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:24 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Anyone here have the Tarot ZYX and the hobbyking Robird G31?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ss_System.html

what is the difference between the 2? and is the robird any good? I heard some reports of a tail bounce on the 450
PP,

The Robird is very good - I find it better than the ZYX - it just worked out of the box. There are less options for tuning, but they are simpler as well if you don't fully understand PID controls (which I don't)

Cheers,
Mike.
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
I think VCTRC and VWINRC are the same. All the part numbers are the same. The FBL heads look the same. The helis are cheap in bulk but alas right now I don't need another kit. I am going to send them a list of parts for a price quote.

jumbo...look again.They had flybarred kits too. http://vctrc.en.alibaba.com/product/..._shipping.html
If anyone wants to go in with a 550 or 600 kit , or even 700 , i will too . I have a dozen 450 and 250's , the larger ones i would rather fly.

pitchp , that is why i went with the blackwidow or robird g31 .
really easy to program with a computer , like setting up your transmitter . super easy .
Black Widow Flybarless Setup (19 min 59 sec)
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,243 Posts
Nice to see more cheap worthwhile FBL units coming out. I'm Sticking with the ZYX and CX versions for a while. They all work well for me on 250, 450 and 500 class.

-

Had a little mishap night-flying last Sunday.... It seems i was unable to auto down after hearing a hard "pop" sound.

Guess what went missing, he he
After losing my rotordisk lights i knew right away my featheringshaft went MIA along with the blades.

Immediately flipped TH, saved the powertrain.
Damage: featheringshaft-bolt, mainshaft+bearings, washout-arms, upper head linkages (unfound), all cyclic servo gears.

Well, that were the last HK orange singlechip servos i had. Cant really blame them. Just plastic geared.
Good thing a set of HK929MG (digital) was waiting at the post-office for me. Lets see how they work.

Rebuild is 3/4 done. Cant wait to get out on the field again working up to piroflips
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:10 AM
Israel
Joined Apr 2009
101 Posts
Hi Folks:
I have this CT-6A transmitter which I used on my 450 until I bought the 9x. I then used the 6A for the sim and was going to use it as a buddy box, when suddenly the elevator channel stopped being transmitted. I checked the pot and the signal is coming into the STC chip perfectly. The processor is the STC 12C5408AD. The specs for the processor are all Chinese so that's as far as I got. Anybody with experience (Pat McK) can suggest a fix, or should I just save it for parts?
Thanks so much,
John
J.Richert is offline Find More Posts by J.Richert
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:49 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,243 Posts
Are you sure the center pin of the pot is changing voltage when you move the stick?

What are those wires you have soldered to the PCB?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:40 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jun 2011
407 Posts
I waited a week to get a buddy code for the HK 450 Pro flybarless heli from the USA warehouse. I never did see one, so I went ahead and bought it. Lo and behold - I got a buddy code, lol..

HK-450TT PRO V2 Flybarless 3D Torque-Tube Helicopter Kit (Align T-Rex Compat.) (USA Warehouse)
\n[S]$65.37[/S] $53.78*

325mm Carbon Fiber Main Blades (USA Warehouse)
\n[S]$8.14[/S] $6.52*

All my buddy-codes here
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:20 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
I waited a week to get a buddy code for the HK 450 Pro flybarless heli from the USA warehouse. I never did see one, so I went ahead and bought it. Lo and behold - I got a buddy code, lol..

HK-450TT PRO V2 Flybarless 3D Torque-Tube Helicopter Kit (Align T-Rex Compat.) (USA Warehouse)
\n[S]$65.37[/S] $53.78*

325mm Carbon Fiber Main Blades (USA Warehouse)
\n[S]$8.14[/S] $6.52*

All my buddy-codes here

I know what you mean
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:57 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
If anyone wants to go in with a 550 or 600 kit , or even 700 , i will too . I have a dozen 450 and 250's , the larger ones i would rather fly.

pitchp , that is why i went with the blackwidow or robird g31 .
really easy to program with a computer , like setting up your transmitter . super easy .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKClV6w7isw
Super Nice Video !!!

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm interested in geting one of these. I noticed when you were checking cyclic with the circle near the end of the vid that you have a mode 2 TX. As you know cyclic is on the right stick. I fly mode one where elev is on the left stick and aile is on the right stick.

Is there a mode one setting in the programming menu on the Robird setup software ??

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:43 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
PP,

The Robird is very good - I find it better than the ZYX - it just worked out of the box. There are less options for tuning, but they are simpler as well if you don't fully understand PID controls (which I don't)

Cheers,
Mike.

thanks mike
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Anyone use vendors listed on alibaba? I got an email from vctrc in regards to direct sales and got this link http://vctrc.en.alibaba.com/. Some items are listed with only a 10 item minimum order. Price works out great. Kinda like bulk shopping for parts.

Got an email back from them stating that they can do smaller orders with a 5 item minimum..
Well guys the numbers don't make cents.. Some parts like main shafts and main gears are dirt cheap but others like blades are the same or more than retail. I'll be honest, their carbon blades look as nice as Tarot's but 26 bucks for 500 carbon blades..!! Finally they only ship with DHL. With the items I was looking to get, it was 52 bucks. Might have to stick to ebay.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:16 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Well guys the numbers don't make cents.. Some parts like main shafts and main gears are dirt cheap but others like blades are the same or more than retail. I'll be honest, their carbon blades look as nice as Tarot's but 26 bucks for 500 carbon blades..!! Finally they only ship with DHL. With the items I was looking to get, it was 52 bucks. Might have to stick to ebay.
I buy a lot of my 450 and 250 parts from ebay. You can't go wrong with ebay
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
I agree PP. However at times the quality can be hit or miss. A few too many times I have received bent or inadequate parts from a few vendors. All have provided replacements but alot of time wasted taking pics and sending emails to confirm issues. At the moment VCTRC and VWINRC seem to have some good parts for the 450 and 500. And those 450 and 500 blades would look great in the air.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jun 2011
407 Posts
... on the bright side, someone just used my buddy code and I got almost $14 in hk cash to spend. I'm good with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I know what you mean
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:28 AM
Israel
Joined Apr 2009
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Are you sure the center pin of the pot is changing voltage when you move the stick?

What are those wires you have soldered to the PCB?
Yep, that's what I was measuring.
I got this radio used, so I guess they had messed around with it...not sure why, but the other wires on the PCB are just the center pin wire from other channels. They were snipped from the connectors on the other side, and soldered on the front side.
Otherwise any hope for this thing?
Thanks
John
J.Richert is offline Find More Posts by J.Richert
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:59 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,243 Posts
Check if the voltage of the center pin reaches the pin on the chip.