Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
anyone here got one of these?

http://www.hobbycool.com/450-sport-r...led-p-482.html

I'd love to see some pics and hear some reviews about them
You saw the FBL kit also right?
I am going to get that one next time I think. Or the FBL ALZRC.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:13 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,645 Posts
They use to have the fbl pro kit for that much, but now they only offer it as a combo
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:16 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Crappy HK main shafts! Made of butter!
I've bent two just from flight (no crashes at all), tracking and blade balance are all in check.
Putting align ones in now i've used up the pack of HK shafts!

Do the 450 sports shafts fit the SE V2?
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:32 AM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Hi Pitchp

Not got one myself, but I would be wary of buying from Hobbycool.
Have a look here;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0&goto=newpost
Most reviews seem to be negative.
I did e-mail them a while ago about getting something posted to UK. Still waiting for a reply.
Can't see anything special over and above others.
Approach with caution.
Border Lord is offline Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:36 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
720 Posts
Winds calm today so I took out the Tarot Pro for some testing. I shortened the pitch link one turn and lengthend the Aileron link one turn and near hands off hover, no more right roll. I have been flying inverted on the Pheonix Sim for most of the year so I gave an inverted hover a try for about 10 seconds. I did not notice a roll inverted either. I'll practice more and fully decide if it's correct while inverted. I re-checked the swash with my Trueblood leveler which I am confident is machined correctly. The swash is just slightly off level, low on the pitch side now. I think that Tarot swash is machined poorly like one ball support being taller or shorter. I did have to re-adjust when I replaced the first new defective swash plate with the tight bearing.

Anyway, I'm super happy for now and I want to thank you guys for being patient with me and answering my multitude of questions. I'll have to keep in mind not to overthink the obvious. I guess that's why I was diagnosed with OCD LOL !!

Happy Flying Everyone !!!

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:47 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,461 Posts
Good to hear Bill, I'm glad you got it sorted. Well done.
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:36 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
I've bent two just from flight (no crashes at all), tracking and blade balance are all in check.

Hahahaha , i just opened a 3 pack and each one makes the head wobble . i ended up ordering 10 from Amain and heli direct of the align pro . i have 3 more packages of the hk ones , i will give them to you for a cheap price
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:40 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,645 Posts
Ok Give me four dollars and I will take them off your hands
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post

http://www.hobbycool.com/450-sport-r...led-p-482.html

I'd love to see some pics and hear some reviews about them
I've ordered some WinRC parts from there and they seemed pretty good for the price. I love the boom holder bolts from that Sport clone and use them in my Tarot 450. They're made of brass and aren't prone to stripping or breaking like the Align and Tarot ones. The canopy bolts are pretty good too, they're like the 450 Pro ones only they fit an M2 hole on the Sport. The plastic bottom plate wasn't as good as Tarot but seemed about the same as the ALZRC bottom plates quality wise. I also got a metal anti rotation bracket but ended up not using it because it's a much more intense blue than the Tarot parts (think Copter X) Quality wise I had no complaints about it except the screws weren't all that great but you can get most of the screws you need in stainless from Trimcraft Aviation R/C for less than $10 except the self tapping ones and collar screws (they told me they'd look into getting those when I asked about them)
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Aug 01, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:54 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Hahahaha , i just opened a 3 pack and each one makes the head wobble . i ended up ordering 10 from Amain and heli direct of the align pro . i have 3 more packages of the hk ones , i will give them to you for a cheap price
Haha, you'll have to pay ME to take them off your hands lol!
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:55 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Ok Give me four dollars and I will take them off your hands
too late , i used the $4.00 for taco bell
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:06 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,645 Posts
My 450 is flying way too well. It must be ready to take a dive.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post

450 Sport shafts and 450 SE V2 shafts are the same shafts. 450 Sport V2 shafts and 450 Pro shafts are the same shafts.

Just got done getting the servos installed, had to mount them inside the frame. also had to tear the helicopter apart again and remount them when I found that using the eyelets caused he servos to wobble. The larger servos make it impossible to access the motor from the top without tearing the front of the helicopter apart and removing the aileron servos. The best way to get at the motor now might be to take off the bottom plate and remove the motor mount from underneath. Have all black and silver parts on my Sport now with stainless screws and silver finishing washers (except for the self tapping and collar screws, waiting to see if Trimcraft Aviation can get those).
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:25 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
450 Sport shafts and 450 SE V2 shafts are the same shafts. 450 Sport V2 shafts and 450 Pro shafts are the same shafts.

Just got done getting the servos installed, had to mount them inside the frame. also had to tear the helicopter apart again and remount them when I found that using the eyelets caused he servos to wobble. The larger servos make it impossible to access the motor from the top without tearing the front of the helicopter apart and removing the aileron servos. The best way to get at the motor now might be to take off the bottom plate and remove the motor mount from underneath. Have all black and silver parts on my Sport now with stainless screws and silver finishing washers (except for the self tapping and collar screws, waiting to see if Trimcraft Aviation can get those).
Cheers dude, yea I ended up having a dig last night and measured them up and sure enough they're the same dimensions. I also found one last HK shaft, so I put that in and hopefully ill get one or two flying sessions out of it lol. Maybe if I don't go idle up and practise gentle and precise flight? Meh, whats the fun in that lol!

Also, I have bought a Gaui 550 hurricane second hand, That should be a bit of fun, supposed to be a stable, solid performer. Not too much in the way of 3D though.