HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:44 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,458 Posts
I have my endpoints set to 100 and my dual rates set to 120%. Gives me a nice piro rate. At 100% on the dual rate it was to slow
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2010, 04:38 AM
Registered User
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,320 Posts
Got the HK FBL upgrade but need a metal head base for 4mm feathering shaft. HK has no stock. Any suggestions on where to buy? Preferably grey or black.
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:17 AM
Things that do fly
Magic k2's Avatar
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,711 Posts
Wow,you think a 450 can crash bad ? check out this heli going down ,,one of the guys falls out and you can see him trying to get up to run for his life http://www.youtube.com/user/FILMITS?.../1/UZjnAr-3nak
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:43 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Wow,you think a 450 can crash bad ? check out this heli going down ,,one of the guys falls out and you can see him trying to get up to run for his life http://www.youtube.com/user/FILMITS?.../1/UZjnAr-3nak
woah. I was in a good mood, before I saw that piros. Man the speed on that piro is similar to my belt cp v2. Can you imagine being the pilot trying to control the piro.

Damn definately wont buy that fuse!!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:52 AM
Registered User
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
woah. I was in a good mood, before I saw that piros. Man the speed on that piro is similar to my belt cp v2. Can you imagine being the pilot trying to control the piro.

Damn definately wont buy that fuse!!
Its incredibly slow if the tail rotor is gone, imo.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:02 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
Its incredibly slow if the tail rotor is gone, imo.

Yeah it is actually. My dad flies it now days. it's a good training heli. HS is 2600-2900. PC is 10/-10. With the original blades on it still!! Tracking is horrible with those blades. The tail blades are too soft, it needs CF tail and CF Main for sport and mild 3D. Best part about it, no drift.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:06 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
it looks like pilot error though. he came down to fast. It's something I would do. He should of flared hard, and landed it softly. If you watch it again, he is coming down like a race car, and flaring too late.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2010
346 Posts
I need some help selecting a good ESC that will serve me well in the future too. My understanding is that the best combo is TURNIGY Plush 40amp and Typhoon 450H 2215H. But they are both out of stock.

How about this ESC:
HobbyKing 40A BlueSeries
And this motor:
Turnigy 2836 Brushless 450-Size Heli Motor 3700kv

Thanks!
bymannan is offline Find More Posts by bymannan
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:28 AM
Registered User
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bymannan View Post
I need some help selecting a good ESC that will serve me well in the future too. My understanding is that the best combo is TURNIGY Plush 40amp and Typhoon 450H 2215H. But they are both out of stock.

And this motor:
Turnigy 2836 Brushless 450-Size Heli Motor 3700kv

Thanks!
I have been using that motor and its fine, its got some pop with 40C battery. I don't know anything about that ESC though.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:31 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
The pilot went along something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1WvLJoPG-s

That is the incorrect way of doing an Auto, I have been told by the man himself!!! So don't follow my ways.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 09:48 AM
AMA# 548800
jombo's Avatar
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
The pilot went along something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1WvLJoPG-s

That is the incorrect way of doing an Auto, I have been told by the man himself!!! So don't follow my ways.
that looked like nose in to me , what does everyone else think
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:08 AM
AMA# 548800
jombo's Avatar
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Hey Jombo, you mentioned before that you are getting a 600 later on. Is it going to be a super 600?? Like this one? If you can make an 600E and perform like this one. I would love a build log
LOL , not even close to that . its just going to be a nice slow sunday flyer . i will post pictures if i get it. now that the 700E is out, i think i want that instead . if i do get it it will be a shelf queen for a while till i get all the parts to build it , definitly want to go flybarless . right now their too rich for my blood and the best i can do is the exi 500TT .
so when are you getting the raptor50
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:36 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
that looked like nose in to me , what does everyone else think
I wanted to get it nose in actually. that's what happens when you don't have nose in under your belt, the heli is not back at the center where it should be. check again Only the pros can tell, who skipped the basics, and who didn't. I lack in precision.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; Dec 02, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:38 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
LOL , not even close to that . its just going to be a nice slow sunday flyer . i will post pictures if i get it. now that the 700E is out, i think i want that instead . if i do get it it will be a shelf queen for a while till i get all the parts to build it , definitly want to go flybarless . right now their too rich for my blood and the best i can do is the exi 500TT .
so when are you getting the raptor50
there's an hk700E? where?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:48 AM
AMA# 548800
jombo's Avatar
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,135 Posts
i dont know pitchp, seems you have more under your belt than you think
HK says the 700 E is in the works , but they have been saying that for almost a year now .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 450 HK with Futaba EX radio and 3114 FASST servos SLOPPY? PaulGT3 Mini Helis 9 Sep 02, 2013 05:10 PM
Sold HK 450 head/tail/frame/canopy/motor - $20 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 09, 2010 10:07 AM
Discussion Vendo HK 450 com Radio HK 7canais baratoooo !!! nino_sdk Brazil 0 Jul 26, 2010 08:42 PM
For Sale hk 450, exi 450 or copterx 450 HeliStyle Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 May 15, 2010 11:57 AM
Help! HK 450 or HK 600 kilo2018 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 21 Feb 25, 2010 12:48 PM