SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:18 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
i have the gy48v , simmilar to the hk401, it seems alot better gain is at 38% before it was 60% in HH . i didnt need to fix with sub trim to counteract the drift i had before when setting up. it was pretty much get the tail arm at 90 setup so it had equal throw on both sides and done . i think i like this one alot better than the 401 or the gy48v, simpler to setup with the futaba7C ......... OR i am just getting better at it LOL.
how about the g106? how's that going?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:32 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
LOL , let me be more clear , as i tend to blend all my projects together
on the hk 450 v1 i had the gy48v, that was finally setup perfect on it, so since that was ready to fly i took off the gy48v and replaced it with the g601or 106 ???? lol anyway all i did was reset the tail limits , used reverse and fixed the gain to 38% on HH mode from with the gy48v was 60% . its alot easier to set no more timing and limits or whatever its called on the 2 pots just plug and play . its all done through the radio . also the nice thing is its paper thin and about the size of a postage stamp . i love it , right now the heli is on the bench for a metal head upgrade and tail .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:46 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
LOL , let me be more clear , as i tend to blend all my projects together
on the hk 450 v1 i had the gy48v, that was finally setup perfect on it, so since that was ready to fly i took off the gy48v and replaced it with the g601or 106 ???? lol anyway all i did was reset the tail limits , used reverse and fixed the gain to 38% on HH mode from with the gy48v was 60% . its alot easier to set no more timing and limits or whatever its called on the 2 pots just plug and play . its all done through the radio . also the nice thing is its paper thin and about the size of a postage stamp . i love it , right now the heli is on the bench for a metal head upgrade and tail .
lol you're a good man jombo, you're a good man.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:28 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
hows the 250 comming , have you decided on the canopy? if the white one fits i would keep that one it looks nice on there. i hat the stock 250 one , its a tight fit just setup stock , it needed to be trimmed a bit so the linkages didnt hit. i am really thinking about getting the madhawk canopy , but instead orderd this for the 450 LOL
http://www.xheli.com/85p-135-n413-redblackwhite.html
JUST BOUGHT THE BLUE VERSION OF THIS 3 WEEKS AGO for 54.00 now there 39 with free shipping AAARRGGGGG
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:50 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
hows the 250 comming , have you decided on the canopy? if the white one fits i would keep that one it looks nice on there. i hat the stock 250 one , its a tight fit just setup stock , it needed to be trimmed a bit so the linkages didnt hit. i am really thinking about getting the madhawk canopy , but instead orderd this for the 450 LOL
http://www.xheli.com/85p-135-n413-redblackwhite.html
JUST BOUGHT THE BLUE VERSION OF THIS 3 WEEKS AGO for 54.00 now there 39 with free shipping AAARRGGGGG
ohh jombo, you are indeed a very lucky man. I expect nothing but a build video on that one. I love it!!! my belt cp would look really good with that on

Almost there jombo, you know how it is with these little hk250s, fine tuning here, a bit of mod there, check for no binding. As for the canopy, I'll take your advice, and stick with the white one. Ohh this little 5000kv motor just screeeeams at 100% throttle, and she is a hot little thang, if you know what I mean
Old Nov 28, 2010, 05:33 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I was suppose to be practicing my nose in, but it got a bit streneous, so I ended up doing something else. I'm not really sure what this is. All i know it's really hard to do, down low on the ground especially on a 250. On a 450 it's soo much easier. Crack Chaos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX-dLM3MEg

I better get back to it.
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 28, 2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 06:38 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering, How much negative pitch do the REAL helicopters have? Anyone know what pitch curves they are running?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:24 AM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
HK 450 Pro servo arm ball positions

Can anyone tell me what the distance should be from the center of the ball to the center of the servo for both the cyclic and tail servos on a 450 Pro ?

I don't see the information in the Trex manual.

thanks
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:31 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox675 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the distance should be from the center of the ball to the center of the servo for both the cyclic and tail servos on a 450 Pro ?

I don't see the information in the Trex manual.

thanks
not sure about the pro, i don't have it. i don't know if the same applies, but at mid stick, all cyclic servo arms should be at 90 deg to the top of the frame. and you should have 0 degrees pitch on both blades. from there adjust the swashmix to get your desired pitch curves ie: +10/-10 or +13/-13 degrees pitch. Same applies for the tail servo 90 degrees and the tail blades should be at center. as for your ball question it should be at the best spot where it is a straight 90 to the servo center and the ball of the swashplate. Have you seen the Finless Bob videos?
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 28, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:49 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Hey guys, just wondering, How much negative pitch do the REAL helicopters have? Anyone know what pitch curves they are running?
Interesting question.
They must have some negative, but probably just enough to be able to do autos.

Lets see what I can find on the web....

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:57 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
Interesting question.
They must have some negative, but probably just enough to be able to do autos.

Lets see what I can find on the web....

Pat MacKenzie
Pat, I'm hoping you can come through with this. I just want to verify, of what I am being told, is true! I know he is the man, but I still got to make sure... This is what he told me after an intense discussion about inverted autos on my 250

http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...6&postcount=25

I've also been researching, but I'm kinda confused with the amount of information, that is given on the internet. I don't really understand some of the mumbo jumbo stuff. I'm assuming they use their weight to fall from the sky, therefor they don't need negative pitch??

The reason we had this discussion, is that I showed a newbie, how to perform an auto, and Finless Bob told me what I was doing is wrong. I was descending to fast, and flaring too HARD at the end of the touch down.
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 28, 2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:59 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
MK: just letting you know about my progress on nose in hover. I believe I am getting there!! nose in hover is a little bit harder on a 250 than you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruXr_nZmu-w
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:38 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
This is not how to perform an auto apparently. I was applying about -4/-5 negative with a big flare at the end. As opposed to -2/-3 degrees with a small flare at the end of the touchdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL_Sn73HP0U
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 28, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:08 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
MK: just letting you know about my progress on nose in hover. I believe I am getting there!! nose in hover is a little bit harder on a 250 than you think

I can never make up my mind if you are serious,,im sure your just playing with me,i bet you can do it with your eyes shut really
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:38 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
I can never make up my mind if you are serious,,im sure your just playing with me,i bet you can do it with your eyes shut really
i dont get it either , you can do just about any thing and cant do nose in , your just playing us