HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:44 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
Hey guys, I have a spektrum 6200 rx with what I believe is called a remote reciever aswell. today I accidently pulled the wires from the remote receiver out of the plug that plaugs into the main receiver itself.

The normal receiver works fine on its own but will I need to fix this plug to beable to use the remote receiver or should I not worry about it ?

will it be ok with out it ?

Cheers
glad you moved to this tread you will get heip that you can rely on from the people here that know what their doing take care and good luck with your new Helli
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:56 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Should i risk them on cyclic for my 500 sized heli i'm getting? I feel tempted as it is digital, and i want to keep the weight low.
Get them, while they are running cheap SM. Hey I need your opinion or anyone else here for this matter.

I need to put on a larger canopy, on my 250, so that I can put on a larger lipo. So I was thinking, why not use one of my existing 450 canopies!! Do you think it looks funny? I still need to modify it, to make it fit? Does it look alright?? Or am I better off buying a fusuno or canomod EX canopy? Be honest, I'll appreciate your honesty.

TIA
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:27 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Get them, while they are running cheap SM. Hey I need your opinion or anyone else here for this matter.

I need to put on a larger canopy, on my 250, so that I can put on a larger lipo. So I was thinking, why not use one of my existing 450 canopies!! Do you think it looks funny? I still need to modify it, to make it fit? Does it look alright?? Or am I better off buying a fusuno or canomod EX canopy? Be honest, I'll appreciate your honesty.

TIA
Looks big, but this is America and people are obese as well.
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:18 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Looks big, but this is America and people are obese as well.
lol
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:59 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,310 Posts
While you're adding a larger battery and larger canopy, why not add larger blades and motor? I'm guessing you have some 450 spares around?
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Nov 27, 2010, 05:37 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
While you're adding a larger battery and larger canopy, why not add larger blades and motor? I'm guessing you have some 450 spares around?
lol I know bud. I did put on modded weighted blades though, to increase the inertia. But the decrease flight time, due to the increase in HS, comes at a price. Luckily I get two lipo options. 7.4v @ 3900HS = 5 mins / 11.1 @ 5900HS = 3mins or less.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1120372
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:14 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,152 Posts
Not going to comment , but I will say maybe a fusalage is in order
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:41 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,152 Posts
I have been trying out the G106gyro and I have to say it's one of the easyest to setup. You set direction , digital servo, and your gain from the radio and set your radio endpoints and your done. Only one bad comment , in HH mode on the bench it binds , in rate it's fine. I don't see it as a real issue because in the air it probably won't go to those extremes. I like it , and will order more from eBay , global rc.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:45 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,777 Posts
Can you reduce the length of the output arm to eliminate the binding?

I just got one of these from Ebay to try, and without limit adjustments that is what I would do.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:56 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,152 Posts
you could but the t-rex manual for the hk clones say to keep the ball on the arm at 7.5mm out , reducing the travel may reduce it too much and need a higher gain and cause the tail to wag . its really not bad , i am going to leave it as i dont go all the way to the outer limits on the rudder with the stick. the other thing i couold try is add some dual rates and expo to fix it but still not really conserned about it .
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:09 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,777 Posts
The shorter arm will reduce the mechanical gain of the system so for the same overall system gain you will have to turn up the electronic gain. It will also effectively slow down the servo.
But only an experiment will tell you if this makes things better or worse. The typical answer for tail problems is to shorten the arm, so I suspect if anything it will make things better.

Dual rates or expo won't affect servo travel in HH mode. They only affect piro rates and control response near neutral respectively.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:21 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,152 Posts
your right , it couldnt hurt to try it . i have it apart right now anyway so moving the ball will be easy . even with that slight problem its alot more plug and play which i like.
this is also my first gyro that needs to be on its side and not flat on its back
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:38 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,152 Posts
OOPS i was at 10mm out , no wonder it binded , set it to 7mm and it was good lol
thanks Pat
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:26 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
yep pat knows his stuff.

jombo: most of the gyros that don't have the limit adjust, only works in that way. even the gyros with the limit pots this would sometimes be needed to be done. least, that's what I found out.

What's your TX gain now? How does that gyro compare to the 401?
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 27, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 06:26 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
yep pat knows his stuff.

jombo:
What's your TX gain now? How does that gyro compare to the 401?
i have the gy48v , simmilar to the hk401, it seems alot better gain is at 38% before it was 60% in HH . i didnt need to fix with sub trim to counteract the drift i had before when setting up. it was pretty much get the tail arm at 90 setup so it had equal throw on both sides and done . i think i like this one alot better than the 401 or the gy48v, simpler to setup with the futaba7C ......... OR i am just getting better at it LOL.