HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:06 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I was able to hit the blade tips on the ground while hovering inverted the other day. I was soooo excited and then I was doing those darn flips at ground level and hit the blades

Im getting it I still need to work on tail in inverted hovering and flight. Thats been really hard fo me
piro flips?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsJ0...layer_embedded

yep I hear ya brother. It takes awhile to learn how to "stir". I'm trying to perfect on my stirring. That will be later. nose in hover first for me

and as for blades strikes, doing crazy tricks to low to the ground is deadly for the blades. I have my fair share there!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3619508
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 25, 2010 at 09:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:07 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
losi: this is a kool manouver to master.

these are normally done low to the ground, but it gets harder on smaller helis

Piro Tic-Tocs.mp4 (0 min 18 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBtri...layer_embedded
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 25, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:08 AM
Can't-Get-Right
Souf' East UK
Joined Aug 2008
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Even worse - you want someone else to hook on to this hobby! Well done!

BTW we're missing thumb up icon (some other forums have) here: you would get two - one for the setup for friend of yours you did and one for protos!
Just call me a facilitator! I learnt that one from Chris, James and Bobby on Inside Heli....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 126jp View Post
[SNIP......I learned to fly nose-in from what I was always told during flight instruction when I would either slip or skid the airplane in a turn. My instructor would yell, “Step on the ball!” meaning press whichever rudder pedal corresponded to the side the ball of the slip & turn indicator was on. So when I was learning to nose in I would “step” on the low blade by moving the stick to that side, then just flew the tail instead of the nose. When the tail went left I moved it to the right w/ right rudder and visa versa. Many heli instructors frown on flying the tail. I don’t care. It’s what worked for me. I have developed no bad habits due to that, and my brain has now taken over and I don’t even think about what heli appendage is where during nose-in, the sticks just move......[SNIP]
Sticks towards danger. STD. Just don't yell it during flights. People will think you're strange.... and sexually deviant. Don't ask me how I know....

Quote:
[SNIP]......And I love hovering that orientation. The heli looks like a little alien, floating there in front of you, screaming at you. Doesn’t it?......[SNIP]
Yes! I've always looked for an adequate way to describe it and that is great.

Quote:
[SNIP]......Tedwearsahat, that heli is a rocket! I wanna hover nose-in inverted that low, but I’m skeerd!......[SNIP]
The Protos is definately that and you know what? That is on a pinion with 2 less teeth than stock (13t, stock is 15t), with dual rates dialled back and an 80% throttle curve.

On a 15t and a 100% curve it is INSANE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
that's a very nice bird. I like it.
Cheers pitchp and nice flying.
tedwearsahat is offline Find More Posts by tedwearsahat
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:43 AM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,323 Posts
Belt replacement

Anyone still using belt drive? Wondering if I should replace mine after roughly 3 months, fly one or two packs per day?
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:01 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,813 Posts
yep , all mine are belt ,i havent replaced a belt yet . i just have 1-500 that i converted to shaft but havent flown it yet.
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:20 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
Hey guys, I have a spektrum 6200 rx with what I believe is called a remote reciever aswell. today I accidently pulled the wires from the remote receiver out of the plug that plaugs into the main receiver itself.

The normal receiver works fine on its own but will I need to fix this plug to beable to use the remote receiver or should I not worry about it ?

will it be ok with out it ?

Cheers
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:45 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
I've flown an AR6100 without any satellite receiver for over a year now. Never had a problem (other than a receiver completely losing a channel, but that was a hardware issue and not related to the range of the radio or loss of signal). I would fix the satellite receiver when I got around to it, it's never a bad thing to have a redundant backup, but the helicopter should fly fine without.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Nov 26, 2010, 01:18 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
I know that AR7000 won't work without satellite. I tried it and took me a while before realised that it doesn't work only because satellite wasn't plugged in. Don't know about AR6100 and AR6200...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Nov 26, 2010, 03:35 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Items For Sale

For those that are interested, I have posted some 450 heli parts for sale at the following link.......

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post16656986
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Nov 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,183 Posts
Hey, the 9257 clone servo is back in stock
Anyone want to join my swarm sale? I've had great luck with one like this from Emax brand, and am going to see if this HK servo preforms the same. reviews seem good.

$9 for a digital servo that should work nicely. Its worth at least a try if you never got the tail perfect with the mini sized servo's

http://www.hobbyking.com/SwarmSale.asp?id=47471
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:00 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Anyone want to join my swarm sale? I've had great luck with one like this from Emax brand, and am going to see if this HK servo preforms the same. reviews seem good.

$9 for a digital servo that should work nicely. Its worth at least a try if you never got the tail perfect with the mini sized servo's

I've got 2 of them! They are awesome!!!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:36 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,183 Posts
Should i risk them on cyclic for my 500 sized heli i'm getting? I feel tempted as it is digital, and i want to keep the weight low.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:39 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
Hey guys, I have a spektrum 6200 rx with what I believe is called a remote reciever aswell. today I accidently pulled the wires from the remote receiver out of the plug that plaugs into the main receiver itself.

The normal receiver works fine on its own but will I need to fix this plug to beable to use the remote receiver or should I not worry about it ?

will it be ok with out it ?

Cheers
I think you can buy just the cable.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM9010

http://www.helidirect.com/spektrum-r...df9e53598b139e

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:50 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
If you're not in a rush and want to save a few bucks, HobbyKing has 2 for $1.99

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10008
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:52 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post

I got an email from HK saying the swarm sale was complete but the link to buy won't let me buy them, at least not yet

Guess I'll try again later

OK, I got it to work.
Ordered 6 of them Thanks
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Last edited by Firefox675; Nov 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM.