HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:18 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
shacking tail???

OK changed motor, changed swash plate, and changed flybarcage. Shake is still there and still just as bad as it has been??? There is very little vibs in the heli when I hold it in my hand and spin her up. The only thing left to change is the gyro. Gosh I hope the quark isn't messed up. Guess I will be buying a new gyro soon to find out If the gyro is good its going on the second heli The scorpion is going on it now since I took it out of heli #1.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:46 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
OK changed motor, changed swash plate, and changed flybarcage. Shake is still there and still just as bad as it has been??? There is very little vibs in the heli when I hold it in my hand and spin her up. The only thing left to change is the gyro. Gosh I hope the quark isn't messed up. Guess I will be buying a new gyro soon to find out If the gyro is good its going on the second heli The scorpion is going on it now since I took it out of heli #1.
You can just bypass the gyro to test,is your flybar centered ?measure from head to each paddle?bent or wonkey gear ?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:57 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
My tail servo is a narrow band width servo so I can not bypass the gyro or test with my dectrum gyro.

Its a new flybar(I put on this morning with the cage) and new paddles that I bought after the crash. I put the bar on and centered it(useing a digital caliper) and then put eh paddles on useing the caliper too.

I might just send the gyro back to spartan to have it checked out. I would be without a heli for a while but it might be worth it as I am trying to put together a 72inch 3dhs extra 330 and thats where all my money is going(and christmas for the wife and kids)
Old Nov 20, 2010, 01:18 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
My tail servo is a narrow band width servo so I can not bypass the gyro or test with my dectrum gyro.

Its a new flybar(I put on this morning with the cage) and new paddles that I bought after the crash. I put the bar on and centered it(useing a digital caliper) and then put eh paddles on useing the caliper too.

I might just send the gyro back to spartan to have it checked out. I would be without a heli for a while but it might be worth it as I am trying to put together a 72inch 3dhs extra 330 and thats where all my money is going(and christmas for the wife and kids)
you must have an old servo hanging around somwhere? pop it on to test without the gyro ,any junk will do
Old Nov 20, 2010, 01:35 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
It has to be digital to work with the quark. Now I unhooked the gyro and from the heli. Howly caw While holding it the tail servo goes nuts. I let go if the servo and just let it sit there and it still goes nuts. Any minut movement causes crazy tail servo twitch. I have a small vid of it but I have to load it
Old Nov 20, 2010, 02:09 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Here is a vid of the tail acting weird. The servo as long as the gyro is perfect moves smoothly but the gyro is super sensitive right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_UIX32iKnk
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:01 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,183 Posts
Omg... that can't be good..

I had a jittering tail servo once, and sounded just like that! It Jitteredd only in rate mode, not in HH. Very odd.
Later found out it was the servo output gear loose on the Potentiometer shaft inside the servo. Pretty easy fix.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:34 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Here is a vid of the tail acting weird. The servo as long as the gyro is perfect moves smoothly but the gyro is super sensitive right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_UIX32iKnk
Check all your wires,,not in nots or coils,,is that antenna touching something ?cf or metal?connect the gyro output to one of the other servos on the heli to test also
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:42 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,438 Posts
It looks like the gain is at 100%. When the gyro is sitting free it loses the damping that the mass of the heli gives, so the servo gets quite "nervous".

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:24 PM
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
need help with HK450 blades not spinning fast enough

I am new and building my first heli which is hk450 v2
i got everything installed and when i move my throttle to full the blades never spin fast enough to take off

Here is the video which shows it
Trex 450 clone hk 450 need help (1 min 15 sec)

my battery is fully charged
heres is my setup
Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack
HK450V2 HK450 CCPM 3D Helicopter Kit (Align T-rex Co
4 hxt900
Turnigy E500 6T 4000Kv 200W Heli Motor
Hobby King 401B AVCS Digital Head Lock Gyro

please let me know
if u have any solutions
thanks
rishalkant is offline Find More Posts by rishalkant
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:05 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishalkant View Post
I am new and building my first heli which is hk450 v2
i got everything installed and when i move my throttle to full the blades never spin fast enough to take off

Here is the video which shows it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVclHPXzyw

heres is my setup
4 hxt900

please let me know
if u have any solutions
thanks
what's your Throttle Curve?

N Mode Curve:
S1 Mode Curve:
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:09 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I'm trying to make custom skids, real beefy skids like a gorilla skids, but with my own flare. I have the skeleton skids(plastic), I would like to paste something over it, but I'm not sure what I can use. I need something light and reinforce my skeleton skids, and that will mold easily, and cure with in 2-3 days. Any ideas what I can use?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:02 PM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishalkant View Post
heres is my setup
4 hxt900

please let me know
if u have any solutions
thanks
Did you do a throttle range on the ESC?
For most HK ESCs (check instructions for yours!!)
Make your throttle curve have 0 for low and 100 for high in normal mode. The other points in between can be anything.

unplug battery, turn on tx, turn throttle hold off (so motor is engaged).
throttle to max.
plug in battery.
you will hear a confirmation beep - typically 2 beeps.
reduce throttle to min.
you will hear the normal 3 beeps for a 3 cell battery.

you can now test throttle. re-adjust your max point to whatever you want it to be.

again check the steps for YOUR esc. might want to try this without blades.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:34 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Omg... that can't be good..

I had a jittering tail servo once, and sounded just like that! It Jitteredd only in rate mode, not in HH. Very odd.
Later found out it was the servo output gear loose on the Potentiometer shaft inside the servo. Pretty easy fix.
I am going to pull the savok servo off the other heli to see if the shack goes away
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:25 PM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
So could a warped main gear cause a bit of vibrations ? All of the main gears I have bought (from Hobbyking) are slightly out of round. would this upset the tail at all ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1