HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:57 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
just playing around on phoenix, with no structure or planing. I should be practicing my nose in hovers, bah anyways I hope this will be entertaining for you. My 250 on phoenix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNjhWLUkto
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:04 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
just playing around on phoenix, with no structure or planing. I should be practicing my nose in hovers, bah anyways I hope this will be entertaining for you. My 250 on phoenix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNjhWLUkto
I couldnt even see that fizzy little bird lol,,,question,,,,,why does that converter double the conversion,,ie,convert it twice ? it did it to me also
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:19 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
I couldnt even see that fizzy little bird lol,,,question,,,,,why does that converter double the conversion,,ie,convert it twice ? it did it to me also
i have no idea lol, is that the conversion or is that you tube? I thought it was youtube. ok let me see if i can figure it out for ya
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:25 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,709 Posts
Quote:
i have no idea lol, is that the conversion or is that you tube? I thought it was youtube. ok let me see if i can figure it out for ya
Ye it happens when it goes to youtube but never seen that happen before,,and if you reload the same vid to youtube it will double it again ,,,every time as there is something wrong with the info from the conversion file,,,,i just trimmed it in youtube no probs but its strange,,,,hey did you see my inverted nose in ?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:32 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Ye it happens when it goes to youtube but never seen that happen before,,and if you reload the same vid to youtube it will double it again ,,,every time as there is something wrong with the info from the conversion file,,,,i just trimmed it in youtube no probs but its strange,,,,hey did you see my inverted nose in ?
that's with mp4 conversion. I'll try with avi, and I'll see if it does it to that, This will take an hour, because you wanted quality. lol 77mb upload
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:42 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,709 Posts
Quote:
that's with mp4 conversion. I'll try with avi, and I'll see if it does it to that, This will take an hour, because you wanted quality. lol 77mb upload
It doesnt do this with every vid you convert but if 1 vid does double it will double that 1 vid every time so it has to be the mp4 converter giving some wrong info,,,,,,,,,,DID YOU SEEEEEEE MYYYYYY INVERTED NOSE IIIIIIIIIIIN ? im shouting lol i was chuffed to get my head around it,,,not perfect yet but i got the basics so its just time,,,didnt think i was gonna be able to do it.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:05 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
It doesnt do this with every vid you convert but if 1 vid does double it will double that 1 vid every time so it has to be the mp4 converter giving some wrong info,,,,,,,,,,DID YOU SEEEEEEE MYYYYYY INVERTED NOSE IIIIIIIIIIIN ? im shouting lol i was chuffed to get my head around it,,,not perfect yet but i got the basics so its just time,,,didnt think i was gonna be able to do it.
one thing i noticed if i click on save changes twice, it comes out twice. and it takes ages for youtube to process it. So I'll try now, I'll wait till it's completed everything, then I'll click save changes, see if that works ok, also have you notice the quality changes when youtube processes it. The quality seems to degrade a little
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:11 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
MK: how about now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMkMdJQKvv8
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 20, 2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:20 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
The loss of quality and black borders around the edges are the price you pay when you go with a one click solution.

Notice, no black borders on my video and it's excellent quality? Even with my slow connection's 40KB/s upstream, I uploaded my last video in under 8 minutes. Check out one of my videos full screen on Youtube. All of them are 16:9 ratio 720p resolution.

Gyro rate mode vs heading hold. (1 min 5 sec)

If you ever want to learn to convert it manually, send me a pm and I'll walk you through it.

Edit:

Did forget to mention that the embedded player as viewed in this forum will always have black bars on a 16:9 ratio video. On the other hand when you watch the video on youtube it shows up without them.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Last edited by Barak1001; Nov 20, 2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:22 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
The loss of quality and black borders around the edges are the price you pay when you go with a one click solution.

Notice, no black borders on my video and it's excellent quality? Even with my slow connection's 40KB/s upstream, I uploaded my last video in under 8 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FjHLH1uoX4

If you ever want to learn to convert it manually, send me a pm and I'll walk you through it.
i see. i think there is a few of us here that would like to know how barak, any chance for a quick tutorial for us. hmm that is better quality. damn
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:40 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
inverted nose in is really dangeroos, ahm yeah if you double click on the save changes, while it hasn't completed doing what it has supposse to, then it will double the video play.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:44 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Quick and dirty tutorial. You'll need to download two separate things. ffdshow and virtualdub.

Both are free. You will need to extract virtualdub first. Notice it's not an executable, it's a zip file. That means you'll need to extract it before you can use the program itself. Right click on it and pick "Extract All" from the menu that pops up. (That's if I'm remembering correctly)

Name a folder for the files to go into. Make sure you put the virtualdub folder somewhere that you can find it.

Next you'll install ffdshow. Make sure you point the installer to your virtualdub folder that you made earlier when it askes you about it. Specifically you want to point it to the "plugins" folder inside virtualdub folder that you made.

Next thing you'll want to do is to load up Virtualdub. At this point you'll want to load up your avi into the program. Next step you'll want to click on the "Video" menu option at the top. Then left click on "Full Processing Mode". Now left click on "Compression" in the "Video" menu.

Now highlight (left click) "ffdshow Video Codec" from the list that pops up. Left click on "Configure".

For the "encoder" pick "Mpeg-4". For "FourCC" pick "MP4V" and for "Mode" pick "one pass quality". Now slide the quality slider to about 85% (That's what works best for me).

Click ok to close the window, then click ok again to close the select video compression window.

Next step is to fix your aspect ratio. If you're using on an older square monitor best thing to do would be to zoom out your view a bit in Phoenix before recording your videos, this will make it easier to fix the aspect ratio.

On the "Video" menu click on "Filters". Click on "Add". Click on "Resize" in the list. Click on "Absolute pixels". Change the left hand number to 1280. Under the framing options click on "Crop to Aspect Ratio" type in 16 in the left hand box and 9 in the right. (16:9 ratio) This should fix your video so that it will be 720p hd and appear on almost everyone in the world's monitors correctly.

Next step is to setup the audio, it's almost the exact same process as video setup. Pick "Full Processing Mode" from the "Audio" menu. Click on "compression" from the "Audio" menu. I use Mpeg Layer-3 (mp3) at 48kBits.

Finally click on the "File" menu and click on "Save as Avi". Give your avi file a name and click on save.

The AVI file will start converting.

Edit:

I hope you can follow all of this. You only have to configure the compression options one time, but you will have to set it for full processing mode on audio and video each and every time you convert a video as well as pick the type of compression. It only takes a few seconds to turn on compression and add the resize filter once you get used to it, but the first couple of times is a pain.
Last edited by Barak1001; Nov 20, 2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:50 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
thank you barak, I always wanted to get that ffd and vd to work, but never knew how.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:51 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
No problem, just hope you can follow my instructions, I'm a horrible teacher.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:34 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
hmm everyone must be downloading the ffdshow. it was fast, now my download has slowed right down. I'll try later