Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:19 AM
Joined Jan 2004
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
The entire plastic housing is two parts. It might be a bit sticky, I think theres hex rods in there for the screws to screw into. But it will come apart, trust me
Got it! I was afraid to try that, thought I would break it!!! Thanks!
FLY-MORE is offline Find More Posts by FLY-MORE
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:23 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,354 Posts
Maybe no heli for me. Sounds like Soup Nazi...

Decision timeÖ I want to order a 450 Trex clone. I was kind of hoping for a Black Friday special but I probably waited too long to pull the trigger and now it seems most every place is out of stock except perhaps HK. I was leaning toward EXI from Xheli (free shipping appeals to my cheapness) but heli kits, ESCís and a lot of spares are listed out of stock. Iím open to suggestions. Pretty much want belt drive and metal head/tail. I can add blades and canopy. Is the HK stuff worth the shipping costs and long delivery time? What version of the HK450 and what spares to pre-order? If someone has a complete HK450 laundry list for the Trex clone maybe Iíll order everything from HK and just be done with it.
Piper J3 is offline Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:25 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,183 Posts
no soup for you! go fly planks
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:25 PM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Decision timeÖ I want to order a 450 Trex clone. I was kind of hoping for a Black Friday special but I probably waited too long to pull the trigger and now it seems most every place is out of stock except perhaps HK. I was leaning toward EXI from Xheli (free shipping appeals to my cheapness) but heli kits, ESCís and a lot of spares are listed out of stock. Iím open to suggestions. Pretty much want belt drive and metal head/tail. I can add blades and canopy. Is the HK stuff worth the shipping costs and long delivery time? What version of the HK450 and what spares to pre-order? If someone has a complete HK450 laundry list for the Trex clone maybe Iíll order everything from HK and just be done with it.
I got one of the EXI V1's and it's worth the money, comes with fiberglass blades. Don't like the phillips screws, but most else is good
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:44 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
i believe the v1 without the blades for 9.00 at HK is avalable , which is a good thing because the canopy and blades are garbage anyway . right now it looks like you will need to order from 2 places , hk and xheli .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 19, 2010, 03:01 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,832 Posts
Edit:
go to value hobbies , they have everything in stock less gyro for under 150.00

http://www.valuehobby.com/
Last edited by jombo; Nov 19, 2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: value hobbies
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:47 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Ye the wire is the antenna,he points to the esc on the side,dont know if that is stock but maybe with a different esc or radio you may be able to up the head speed?
MK i don't know, but it's definately not stock. he's not using the purple motor that came with it. It looks like a red turnigy motor. he would of change the pinion, motor, and lipo
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:20 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Does this forum cover the HK 450 Pro or is there another somewhere
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:30 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox675 View Post
Does this forum cover the HK 450 Pro or is there another somewhere
any hk products(or preety much anything) there are several people here that has hk450pro, just ask away.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:38 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
any hk products(or preety much anything) there are several people here that has hk450pro, just ask away.
OK, I will

I have a HK450 that I received by mistake from HK when I ordered two of the original HK500's.
( Glad I didn't get them )

I think I'd like to order t Pro belt version and was wondering how much of the head and tail were metal.
Also wondering if any of the HK450 parts, motor mount, gyro/receiver tray and the such would fit the Pro version ?

thanks
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:14 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,832 Posts
the pro is totally different than the 450 v1 or the v2. i dont think much parts are compatable. maybe a feathering shaft and main shaft, maybe the metal tail , not sure though , blades , paddles??
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:50 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,398 Posts
I bought a new motor tonight. Got the align 450M 3500kv (its what the LHS had in stock) So I will see if it is the motor in the morning
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 20, 2010, 01:02 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
hey pat, you might be able to riddle me this. I've got an hk450 metal version with the same headspeed as my belt cp v2. both have the same settings on the tx. The piro rate on the belt cp is much slower than the hk 450. Why is that, and what would cause this? I've tightened the belt tension on the belt cp v2, and that didn't do any thing. if anyone else knows feel free to shoot. I'm open to anything.

thank you
Paul

P.S the belt cp v2 is using 315mm woodie blades. The hk450 metal version is uing CF 325mm blades. Tail blades are both equal in length. Is it the main rotor blades that would cause this??? The gyro on the belt cp v2 is the esky gyro HH, and the gyro on the hk450 is the mystery gyrd gyro. The tails are solid in both, it's just one is slower in piros than the other.
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 20, 2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:26 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Not sure on the Belt-cp v2 but I have the original Belt and the tail gearing is different to the HK450 and the tail blades don't spin as fast. This could be 1 reason.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:36 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Not sure on the Belt-cp v2 but I have the original Belt and the tail gearing is different to the HK450 and the tail blades don't spin as fast. This could be 1 reason.
ahh thanks TG