SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:55 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
clicky, how's the 450 pro build coming along?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:58 AM
AMA# 548800
jombo's Avatar
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,056 Posts
pitchp , i will give that a try too, right now i need to paint the kitchen so no play for me today . i dont remember if i got 2 sets for the GT, i got 2 sets for the plastic 250 , which btw isint worth poo , but alot of parts are compatable with the GT, feathering shaft , main shaft , tail blades main blades , links and almost all the rest except the main gears and motor mount , maybe even the lower and upper sides because the way the motor mount fits in . but the rest is ok for spare parts. well believe it or not before the main gear gave out the tail blades hit the ground well by using the 450 main gear i dont have that problem any more
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:59 AM
Registered User
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
clicky, how's the 450 pro build coming along?
Built tested and... well - still need to find out why 2610V + D922mg + FBL head ($14.95 one) doesn't work well. Next is to try to return original blade holders (decrease mechanical gain) and try again...

Other one (flybarred) I built and tested flies really nicely! When I finish mine (FBL) - I already see it as my main 'throw-around bird' Maybe even to move to Mode 2 and give it a go too! I really need to teach my left hand to 'manage' collective!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:17 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
pitchp , i will give that a try too, right now i need to paint the kitchen so no play for me today . i dont remember if i got 2 sets for the GT, i got 2 sets for the plastic 250 , which btw isint worth poo , but alot of parts are compatable with the GT, feathering shaft , main shaft , tail blades main blades , links and almost all the rest except the main gears and motor mount , maybe even the lower and upper sides because the way the motor mount fits in . but the rest is ok for spare parts. well believe it or not before the main gear gave out the tail blades hit the ground well by using the 450 main gear i dont have that problem any more
very interesting
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:18 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Built tested and... well - still need to find out why 2610V + D922mg + FBL head ($14.95 one) doesn't work well. Next is to try to return original blade holders (decrease mechanical gain) and try again...

Other one (flybarred) I built and tested flies really nicely! When I finish mine (FBL) - I already see it as my main 'throw-around bird' Maybe even to move to Mode 2 and give it a go too! I really need to teach my left hand to 'manage' collective!
why the sudden move to mode 2? what's wrong with mode 1?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:22 AM
Things that do fly
Magic k2's Avatar
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
why the sudden move to mode 2? what's wrong with mode 1?
When i started on fms before i had a plane i used mode 2 and couldnt do it and then found out how to change things around so my brain could work the sticks ,it turned out that i had changed to mode 1 but didnt even know there was a name for stick setup lol i here that most heli guys use mode 2 though.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:23 AM
Registered User
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
why the sudden move to mode 2? what's wrong with mode 1?
Nothing sudden. Nothing wrong. Just curious! Curious if I can switch and how hard it would be. Almost as if I need another challenge
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:49 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
When i started on fms before i had a plane i used mode 2 and couldnt do it and then found out how to change things around so my brain could work the sticks ,it turned out that i had changed to mode 1 but didnt even know there was a name for stick setup lol i here that most heli guys use mode 2 though.
yeah, but it doesn't matter which mode you fly in, does it? is it a cheaper tx for mode 2 or somethin?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:53 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Nothing sudden. Nothing wrong. Just curious! Curious if I can switch and how hard it would be. Almost as if I need another challenge
oh ok. Hey I just learnt how to do a 4 point tic toc. I swear I am deliberately avoiding this nose in hover. It is sooo boring, and crap. lol
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:55 AM
Things that do fly
Magic k2's Avatar
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
oh ok. Hey I just learnt how to do a 4 point tic toc. I swear I am deliberately avoiding this nose in hover. It is sooo boring, and crap. lol
Maybe but if it stops you flying into trees its gotta be good to learn
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:08 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Maybe but if it stops you flying into trees its gotta be good to learn
that is the main reason the heli hit the tree, it's because of that nose in hover. Other wise my day would been a good day.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:10 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
MK: seriously, who flies nose in hover these days anyway? I haven't met one person yet, that said, "It was a nice day today, I went through 6 packs with nose in hovers, I might do it again tomo!!" :P
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:17 AM
Things that do fly
Magic k2's Avatar
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,710 Posts
I do have to say that nose in is such an important thing,,every time you fly away and turn back towards your self you need that skill set to be in full control of the heli,nose in hover is the same as this but at a stand still
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:20 AM
Registered User
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
And flips/loops/rolls even tic/tocs end up occasionally with heli in an awkward position (i.e. nose in ) and those are, usually, main reasons for people learning how to fly helis crash...

Also, try slow piros - very slow and controlled (6+ seconds for full circle - 1 pirouette). That will teach you how to hover in all orientations, fly backward, do funnels, etc...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:21 AM
Registered User
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
I atleast plan on learning nose-in hovering properly. I'm at flight ~60 or so, and lately its been mostly tail-in so I think I need the practice. I can hover nose-in, I'm just not as good at it as I want to.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 450 HK with Futaba EX radio and 3114 FASST servos SLOPPY? PaulGT3 Mini Helis 9 Sep 02, 2013 05:10 PM
Sold HK 450 head/tail/frame/canopy/motor - $20 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 09, 2010 10:07 AM
Discussion Vendo HK 450 com Radio HK 7canais baratoooo !!! nino_sdk Brazil 0 Jul 26, 2010 08:42 PM
For Sale hk 450, exi 450 or copterx 450 HeliStyle Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 May 15, 2010 11:57 AM
Help! HK 450 or HK 600 kilo2018 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 21 Feb 25, 2010 12:48 PM