HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:25 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
Hey guys,

what does it mean when you are hovering, and apply some left (or right) rudder, and when you let go of the rudder stick, the heli slowly points back to where it was before applying the rudder.

is this a gyro problem or tail slider problem???
Sounds like youre using a HK401B. I had the exact same sort of problems. They did get a lot better when setting up in rate mode, I think.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:51 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
hmm I am so tempted in trying these, I've heard so much about them

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11943

and it comes with an XT60 connector, which is so ideal now for me.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:23 AM
Joined Aug 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post

How much time will it take to charge these in 8C?
bymannan is offline Find More Posts by bymannan
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:32 AM
Joined May 2009
121 Posts
Orange Rx Hobby King....

FWIW... I bought 1 orange Rx to check it out...cost $18 or £12 delivered.....Same price as a previous Ebay AR6100 clone which has misbehaved on occasion and is very hard to bind... So fitted orange rx to my HK450 and set it up...V. quick bind/ Range test 30 paces no problem /a week of flying no problems so far.... just went back to HK and lo and behold $8 for Orange Rx /I bought 4 as that gave best price including shipping of $8.75 each or £5.50 ish...Bloody amazing!
so I will take my Genuine AR6200 and AR500 and AR6100s out of their existing Foam edf jets and Stunt planes etc.. and stick the El cheapo in those while putting the tested /Authentic/expensive Rxs in the HK500GT and other New expensive stuff I am building.....RESULT!

( DX6i is great no problems in 2 years..)

(Dx5e lots of problems!)

Cheers Mike H.
mikehoppett is offline Find More Posts by mikehoppett
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:42 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:

(Thats a 2S btw)

What exactly have you heard? My 35C was kinda bad (balloned, gotten rid of after 20 flights. I did crash with it pretty bad once though, but the punch wasnt great even before), my 45C is kinda bad.

YMMW of course, my samplesize is only 1 of each.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:18 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
(Thats a 2S btw)

What exactly have you heard? My 35C was kinda bad (balloned, gotten rid of after 20 flights. I did crash with it pretty bad once though, but the punch wasnt great even before), my 45C is kinda bad.

YMMW of course, my samplesize is only 1 of each.
i hear a lot of people saying nano techs are good. I'm really tempted in trying one. well after reading your post, i don't know any more
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:19 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bymannan View Post
How much time will it take to charge these in 8C?
better talk to sandos, I don't have them
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:21 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
I can only charge at 10A which is <5C and that usually takes much less than 15m. Maybe 10m normally, including balancing. This is from storage charge though.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:30 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
i hear a lot of people saying nano techs are good. I'm really tempted in trying one. well after reading your post, i don't know any more
The Nanotech's aren't as good as the standard Turnigy Lipo's of the same C rating. The 45C Nanotech's aren't even as good as the standard 40C Lipo's. I won't be buying any more Nanotech's until I hear or some improvement.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:32 AM
Joined Aug 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
I can only charge at 10A which is <5C and that usually takes much less than 15m. Maybe 10m normally, including balancing. This is from storage charge though.
That's nice, so with your car near by you can fly all day Maybe I should also get a more serious charger. Something like this will do:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10382
bymannan is offline Find More Posts by bymannan
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:40 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
wow just aswell I asked here first. thanks guys
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:05 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
The 1st 3 are correct 250, 400 and 450 were all originally based on motor size, however the 500, 550, 600 and 700 heli's are all based on blade size.

The mini Titan 325, is based on blade size which makes it the same size as a trex 450!!
A doesnt a 500 use 425mm blades? not 500mm

EDIT:
Info from xheli site for a 500
Quote:
Mini servo (3)
Head lock gyro
Specialized Tail Servo
Pitch gauge
60A Brushless ESC
500 size Brushless motor (1600KV)
22.2V 6S Li-Poly 2100~2500mAh battery
425mm main blade
So I think the 500 was based on a 500 size motor
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:06 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,149 Posts
Quote:
Didn't you had similar gyro problems with your 250??
yep i still do , the problem i am having right now is in rate mode it is pretty solid and i get no drift. in HH mode with the red light on i still get a little tail wag/ drift . i have been reading about this problem and it seems to be with the tail blades being too long by 3mm, and the servo set at 3 to 5 mm from the center screw. since my pinion on the 250 came loose and i red loctited it yesterday i am going to try the tail servo first at 5 mm from center first. if i still get some wag then i may cut my tail blades down a mm at a time . the other solution was to lower the throttle curve , i did that but it flew ok but to hover i was almost at full throttle . i also want to change my tail blades to the K/B dream design 250 blades , that also will help .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:08 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
A doesnt a 500 use 425mm blades? not 500mm

EDIT:
Info from xheli site for a 500
So I think the 500 was based on a 500 size motor
with the exeption from the gaui X5
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:14 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
yep i still do , the problem i am having right now is in rate mode it is pretty solid and i get no drift. in HH mode with the red light on i still get a little tail wag/ drift . i have been reading about this problem and it seems to be with the tail blades being too long by 3mm, and the servo set at 3 to 5 mm from the center screw. since my pinion on the 250 came loose and i red loctited it yesterday i am going to try the tail servo first at 5 mm from center first. if i still get some wag then i may cut my tail blades down a mm at a time . the other solution was to lower the throttle curve , i did that but it flew ok but to hover i was almost at full throttle . i also want to change my tail blades to the K/B dream design 250 blades , that also will help .
jombo: you get two tailblades with the 250. The batman and the rectangular one. Try with the rectangular one, but sand the leading edge part to be flat. Try to make an even sanding on both sides. I'm using that on my plastic 250, and it had no wag, with the mystery gyrd gyro and esky 8g servo. The only problem that I get is initialisation every now and then, for which i perform the flick switch gear trick x3, and that temporarily fixes my problem other than that, no bounce. Also do you have a tacho? Try to see if you can tach your heli for your HS, at 100% and one at 85%, if none of this works, just wait for the new mems gyro from assan($15 and it's only 8g!!). I am so glad to see the fbl taking a big market in the heli industry, it's definately driving the prices down for these gyros.