HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:19 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,894 Posts
Discussion
general 4ch Coax(and beyond) thread ... group to help ... REPRISE!

Reprise (french) to take up again, coming from the "musical department"

Hi Guys!

Now that I just read that LEE had to close our beloved thread, I hope we can pick up here and commence what he started!!
It would be a sad thing to loose all the stuff that we gathered in this thread - and all the memories of (cyber) friends we made ... some of the who had to already leave us ... way too early (R.I.P Mike'sAero)

It is also very sad (at least for me, that the other thread was not allowed to grow to the magical 1000 pages) but hopefully the ones who had "found a home" in this thread will follow over here to face new challenges and brave new adventures.

At least I will try

I hope to see all of you back here, so that we can go on ... stronger than before

Looking forward to seeing you all

EDIT(s):
  • Didn't think of that myself (didn't think of quite a bit actually) but these guys are right!! So THANK YOU!!, to Westerlee & Jim
    Westerlee, I took your link and copied it here ...
    Jim, thanks for the suggestion, which I will gladly take up.
    Here - for everybody once more and really easy to find - the link to LEE's original thread that was requested to be closed:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1014516
  • As this might be necessary at some point in time (I will at least try to keep this up [like in my blog] and hopefully you guys will help me do this by reminding me everytime we got a topic here that should be easy to find ...
    ... for all the topics that seem really important here is the index at what post the topic starts:

INDEX

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Mar 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: The LINK to the original thread SHOULD be at the very beginning!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:22 PM
Crashing goes better
Westerlee, Groningen, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
I just read that we are back in biznuis...........................
Westerlee is offline Find More Posts by Westerlee
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:29 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerlee View Post
I just read that we are back in biznuis...........................
WELCOME ... I sure hope we stay there ... and also that no one will really mind that I just went ahead and continued what Lee started ...

I also hope, all the other 983 pages (again, why could't that at least become 1000 so that closing the thread could have had something symbolic ... but that's just me) will not just disappear into the abyss of the internet, but will stay with us to at least get back to the things we "went through" there ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:31 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,165 Posts
Glad I could catch it at the end.
Luvmyhelis is online now Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:33 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
... and stay with us too?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:48 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Thanks Sven.

I'd like to hear the story behind the other thread being closed.

Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:54 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,605 Posts
Hey guys. I am having a bad day. Got up to go to work. Almost got there. Car breaks down. Finally get it home and working on it. Missed a needed days pay. Then rc groups takes from me the one joy I had in life. I looked forward to reading and commenting to that thread every day. I am really depressed. Thanks for taking the torch Sven. I hope this thread lives through. I probablly will just say good by to rcgroups and you all. I am very sad. Now, I am back to being alone with my Miss Tina. Happy Flying. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:55 PM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Thanks Sven.

I'd like to hear the story behind the other thread being closed.

Jim
Yea
It's the latest newsflash
Last edited by Westerlee; Nov 09, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 02:26 PM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Just painted my canopy.
It's stil white, but the "window" is now black.
If it's nothing i just turned it to it's old color.
Still lieing out to dry
Old Nov 09, 2010, 02:27 PM
Mod it like you stole it!
Joined Jul 2009
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hey guys. I am having a bad day. Got up to go to work. Almost got there. Car breaks down. Finally get it home and working on it. Missed a needed days pay. Then rc groups takes from me the one joy I had in life. I looked forward to reading and commenting to that thread every day. I am really depressed. Thanks for taking the torch Sven. I hope this thread lives through. I probablly will just say good by to rcgroups and you all. I am very sad. Now, I am back to being alone with my Miss Tina. Happy Flying. Lee
Sorry bro...Though I didn't post every day, or every week for that matter, the original thread was probably the 1st one i checked when logging onto RCG everyday. It must be thread inventory time cause they just closed another of my favorite threads about the honeybee v2 (1400+ pages on that one). Kinda sux but there is no reason why we cant keep it going here in this knew reprise. I would sign off of rcg with you in solidarity and protest but this is still the best forum for my type of rc stuff so......All i can say is i hope you stay around Lee. Your input is still highly respected by me........................Kato
katoace is offline Find More Posts by katoace
Last edited by katoace; Nov 09, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 02:36 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,894 Posts
You know, I really would like to know what happens with the data that has been collected over those hundreds (or thousand plus) pages ... does it get archived and is at least still accessible for read only - or will it be just gone??

As I said before, there is a lot of memories, stories and stuff and in particular everything around our friend MikesAero, who was taken from us way too early, should in no way be just deleted ... that would just not be right!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2010, 02:54 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,498 Posts
SVEN:

And a BIG thankyou for starting up a new thread, it is not the same without this type of thread!

This thread closing is exactly the reason I try to keep my info related to anything worthtwile about mods and info in my blog. Then all I have to say is "visit my blog". One of my Blog posts has almost 5,000 hits so far, the V3/V4 velcro mod.

Lee:

Thanks for the other one, it was FUN! Now we will start again here.

Durk
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Nov 09, 2010, 02:58 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Well, at least your day ended well, she sounds like a nice person.

And if this thread lives as long as the other one, you have a place to stay here for a looooong time...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:08 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
You can always go back and read.

To Lee, Bummer man, It was nearing 15K posts and 1000 pages. Did RCG give you the option of say a "Part 2"??? I have read of other threads being closed and locked. I think we should contact Jim Graham and Company to see if they can broaden the band a bit more. Anyway Bud, cheer up. I think you are aloud 2 bumps a month If I remember. "YOU" could unlock it it and bump it up just for the "read" of things (if this is legal).

To Sven, Thank you for taking up the torch. I know what you mean about loosing a lot of great info, friends and what not. Yes, and Mike's Aero. He was a true Gem (RIP Bud). This is why I mentioned a "bump."

So, Guys, Veterans Day is a couple days away. Still waiting on those pictures of "Then" and "Now" of you all. I really enjoyed the pictures submitted thus far. I hope Tony's Mom fished out the one of him in his "pickle suit"...lol.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:20 PM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
It's not the same without Lee and his missis.
Like his story's and inside's.
He seems to be a warm and honest guy, i like that.
Closed Thread