Closed Thread
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
Who asked about F-22s?
Here is the RC Groups thread that has the original plans.
But it's probably easier just to get Denial to cut you out one and keep it as a template

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740049
I've got mine ready to maiden, so it will be at swarm. Quick, easy build, particularly with denial's all cut out set.
ttabbal is online now Find More Posts by ttabbal
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:47 PM
Never enough time to fly!
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,441 Posts
Hey Dan, I will get one at the swarm.
ecase is offline Find More Posts by ecase
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:59 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,841 Posts
I have a dozen or so cut out now. I may have to cut more before the swarm.

For anyone thinking about an F22, they use the same setup as the Assassin. Red motor, 2 mg servos, 25amp esc, and 1300(ish) battery. Come prepared with stuff and I'll be happy to help get them RTF.
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:27 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,506 Posts
OK can't remember names too good but somebody was asking about chargers. This is the one I use and is good for the money but there may indeed be better options out there:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

And the parallel charging board that I use:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._6S_XT60_.html
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:45 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,291 Posts
I just bought one of those as my "backup" charger for my smaller batteries. My Hyperion will charge at 20c upto 550Watts, so this will be perfect for my 1000mh 4s packs that change charge at 5c since it'll charge at 6A.
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,506 Posts
You know- it claims it will charge at 6 amps but I've never got it to go more than 4 and a half
I have and ECO 6 that behaves the same way, claims it will charge at 6 amps but 4 and a half is all I can get out of either one of them. Still- an excellent charger.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:04 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,291 Posts
Quote:
You know- it claims it will charge at 6 amps but I've never got it to go more than 4 and a half
I have and ECO 6 that behaves the same way, claims it will charge at 6 amps but 4 and a half is all I can get out of either one of them. Still- an excellent charger.
My Hyperion requires a higher input voltage to do the 20Amps for high cell counts (it will do up to 14s) so that could be it. I'll have to give it a whirl and if not, 4.5Amp it will have to be for the 1000mh packs.

Oh BTW, I bought and have flow an Assassin and it actually flies pretty good! Not sure if I can make the SWARM as the kids have back to back football games from 8-3:30!
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2,103 Posts
I read somewhere that the rating in watts is more exact. So it can probably do 6A only if 10 volts or less. For a 60 watt charger.

I'm using the 200x2 charger from hobbyking. If you want quick charge and multiple packs, it seems like a good choice. I've done 2 3s packs at 10A each without any problems. Then I realized that I should be keeping to 8A for my batteries. Oops. They seem ok, but I dropped the charge rate.

I also have a 6 port parallel charge board. I use that at home, never needed it in the field. It's also from hobbyking, but check them closely, mine had 1 balance plug on backward and burned 2 traces off the board when I plugged in a pack. Fixable, but irritating and dangerous.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,506 Posts
Travis- a couple of burned balance traces aren't any problem on that board.
Drop by at the swarm and I'll show you what I do. You can still charge (and balance) 6 at a time even with a couple of burned balance traces...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:45 PM
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
Quote:
Travis- a couple of burned balance traces aren't any problem on that board.
Drop by at the swarm and I'll show you what I do. You can still charge (and balance) 6 at a time even with a couple of burned balance traces...
Do you have to do something special, or are you saying it'll work anyway? What if 3 or 4 traces burn?

As far as fixing it, would you pretty much lay a bead of solder, or what?
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:55 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,506 Posts
The way the board is laid out, and from what Travis described...
Look at the board, there are sets of balance traces on one side and three on the other, so there are three sets that are undamaged.
To balance charge more than three batteries, you can "fudge" the 3s balance plug into one or more of the 4s balance connector on the board. Hard to explain, easy to demonstrate

And yes, to fix, just bridge the burned trace with a small piece of copper wire.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:49 PM
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
gotcha. Thanks.
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:38 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,506 Posts
Anybody flying Saturday?
I think I'm gonna go to the Sod Farm.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Anybody flying Saturday?
I think I'm gonna go to the Sod Farm.
Oh, I dunno... I hear there is some event taking up space Saturday down there. Might be a pain to deal with them...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2,103 Posts
Quote:

And yes, to fix, just bridge the burned trace with a small piece of copper wire.

That's how I ended up fixing it. I also pulled off the plastic housing and flipped it around, then put it back on.
Closed Thread