SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:14 PM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
I like that idea Dan. I am also impressed how you nailed the problem right out of the shoot.
Good job!
6Killer is offline Find More Posts by 6Killer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:17 PM
Design, Build, and Fly
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Joined Nov 2001
382 Posts
Anyone flying tomorrow at Art Dye? I'll be in the area at my folks house.

-Steve
KatanaGuy is offline Find More Posts by KatanaGuy
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:58 PM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
Steve, Should be some folks there. I will try and make it.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:16 PM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
Today was a beautiful fall day in Utah County. Met my friend Bruce at Art Dye and he flew a pack out before I could get anything in the air. I continue having a struggle launching and flying my Assassin.

Over all it was a good day. This is the first day I was able to fly 4 planes and come home without having to repair anything. My best flying was done with a motorized Zagi. I chased Bruce around the field, but only got close to his Titan once.

I flew the Alula for the first time and it is a cool plane. It hangs in the air like the gliders I used to make as a kid, only I could control this one.

As the sun was going down the breeze felt a little colder and I flew about a half a pack of a 2200 in my slow stick, then brought it in, packed up and went home with a smile on my face.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:21 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,571 Posts
Anybody for the sod farm tomorrow? Or is Art Dye where all of the cool kids will be hanging out? Jake and I got the Slow Sticks out for a little while tonight and flew till we ran out of daylight- looking forward to another GREAT November weather day tomorrow
-Tom
jetpackninja is online now Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:39 PM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
Tom - did you get lights on your Slow Sticks yet?

I have grand-kids tomorrow and have to drop one off at BYU for a scout thingy. I will probably check the Sod Farm for activity since I will be in that area.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:34 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,571 Posts
Working on it Jim! Hopefully I will have the lights tomorrow and possibly have them put on tomorrow night. Either way, looking for another sweet day of flying at the sod farm around 10ish.
jetpackninja is online now Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:22 AM
I shouldn't be flying either!!
United States, UT, Pleasant Grove
Joined Mar 2010
235 Posts
I'm planning on ten too.
Scooter33 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter33
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:27 AM
Plane Insane RC.com
Spanish Fork Utah
Joined Mar 2005
1,327 Posts
I thought everyone was in St George.
chicken hawk is offline Find More Posts by chicken hawk
Old Nov 13, 2010, 01:30 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,307 Posts
I'll be there promptly at 10ish
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Nov 13, 2010, 01:34 AM
Design, Build, and Fly
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Joined Nov 2001
382 Posts
I'll try for 9:30 to 10:00 at Art Dye with my FPV combat wing.
KatanaGuy is offline Find More Posts by KatanaGuy
Old Nov 13, 2010, 01:46 AM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,130 Posts
So AD tomorrow?????

I will try and make it out. I have a Unicorn I just got setup for a friend I need to test fly.

I also did the Assan hack module on his Futaba 7 cap and it was a breeze. Nervouse soldering inside someone elses tx, but oh well. It works, and works well. I am thinking about doing the mod where you put in a switch so you can go from 72 and then to 2.4 w/o doing anything other than throwing a switch that you install. Would be cool in a nerdy way.

Anyways 10:30 or so I hope to make it to AD.

Also have an FPV setup that may be ready to test as well.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Nov 13, 2010, 01:58 AM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,130 Posts
Pop Quiz.

I am setting up a friend for rc and he has a ton of batteries an esc, and a rtf Unicorn.

The Korns ESC has Deans, but all his new batteries have the hxt60 yellow connectors. I was going to make all the batteries into deans, but I am now wondering if I just make an adapter for the Unicorn, of deans to hxt60? I love Deans but the hxt60's look real nice.

If I did not have a gazzillion deans on everything already I would change to hxt's.

Soooo..... does anyone have one of the connectors that they could spare so I can make up an adapter???
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:12 AM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
Jon - I have some XT60s. I would be glad to give you a couple for your sex change job.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:01 AM
Plane Insane RC.com
Spanish Fork Utah
Joined Mar 2005
1,327 Posts
Ya, and the adapters are really easy to make. You can twist the ends of the XT60s at the solder point and make them so they line up nicely with the deans. Then you can solder them directly to the each other. It's like there almost meant to be together.

I wish you guys would decide where you are going to fly. Sounds like some are going to the sod farm and others to AD? I'll check back later.
Ryan
chicken hawk is offline Find More Posts by chicken hawk
Closed Thread