Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjohnson View Post
Hi Ken.
One of these days I need to get together with you and ingest some video. I'm sure my schedule is much more open than yours. Let me know what would be a good time.
Thanks,
Jeff
Yes i have a bunch for you. This week is kinda cooked. I need to start some film out at Miller Sports Park, but hope to get my Blu-Ray burning again. I will let you know. State tourney is over so it should hopefully slow a bit.
Ken
KEN RC FILMS is offline Find More Posts by KEN RC FILMS
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:50 AM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,862 Posts
Ken,
I'll PM you my cell phone #. Just give me a call when things settle down and we can get together.
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:53 AM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,006 Posts
Hey multi copter guys. The UVA group has asked that I present the basics of how to get into quads at their meeting this Thursday night at 7pm. As you may know I have a great fear of speaking in front of groups so it could be quite entertaining but that’s not the point, if any of you would like to bring your multi copters for show and tell that would be great. There are so many new boards out there and I’ve only personally flown 4 of the low end ones. If you don’t have a quad and want to learn the little that I know, show up at 7pm on Thursday at the AF rec center.
ROCK ON!
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:58 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,775 Posts
Ryan,

I'm aiming to get my quad reworked this week, and I have the NAZA functioning well on mine. Speaking in front of groups is not a problem for me and I can probably make that meeting if you want. I've got a dozen Quad flights from St. George that could make a pretty decent video if I can find the time to get it ready by then.

They asked me to come to an FPV presentation, but I didn't hear back from Lynn on when he wanted me to do it. I think he is personally interested in doing FPV, which is why a lot of these requests are coming right now from the club.

If you have Lynn's #, give me a call or PM me and I can see if he wants to do FPV discussion this week as well, or just focus on the quad MINUS the fpv stuff. Either way, I think I can make it.

Todd
Wind_of_Change is online now Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:28 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,006 Posts
Hey Todd,
I did talk to Lynn about the FPV stuff. I knew he had talked to you or Lee about it. I was told that you would be providing the FPV information in April because some of the members that are interested in FPV will not be at the meeting this week.

If you have time, bring your copter and Iíll have you explain how it works and the differences between it and the less expensive HK boards that I sell. I think we should mention FPV but not get into it too much until the next meeting.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjohnson View Post
Ken,
I'll PM you my cell phone #. Just give me a call when things settle down and we can get together.
Thanks Jeff, I want to talk to you about some AMA stuff....Content of the Remote Possibilities, demo DVD also.
KEN RC FILMS is offline Find More Posts by KEN RC FILMS
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:44 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPack Ninja Jr View Post
I'm also a fan of Blue Angles!
I like Red Arrows as well.
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:39 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,775 Posts
Sounds good. Scott said I could borrow his cool camera gimbal to show at the event, so I'll see if I can swing up to Mike's and grab it. It just clips on to our frame, which is really cool.
Wind_of_Change is online now Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:00 AM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,639 Posts
Weather for Saturday:

57 Degrees, Sunny, with a 2-3MPH wind.

Wow... St George Moved north. I'm planning a nice afternoon of flying at Art Dye Saturday starting about noon.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:21 AM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,006 Posts
Ya, you and every kid with a soccer ball. Do you think the sod farm will be dry?
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:36 AM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,639 Posts
I think the Sod Farm will still be a swamp. Usually we get one more month out of Art Dye before Soccer really starts.

But I don't think we'll be alone anymore for sure.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:37 AM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Insane RC View Post
Ya, you and every kid with a soccer ball. Do you think the sod farm will be dry?
True True, this is about the time A.D. becomes unusable except for weekday mornings when the sun is up early enough. I may head over there during lunch today perhaps.
dennisjm is online now Find More Posts by dennisjm
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:41 AM
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Joined Jun 2010
16 Posts
Come on out to the UVA field. I guarantee you won't have to worry about soccer players.
hadfield is offline Find More Posts by hadfield
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:49 AM
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Mar 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hintze View Post
Weather for Saturday:

57 Degrees, Sunny, with a 2-3MPH wind.

Wow... St George Moved north. I'm planning a nice afternoon of flying at Art Dye Saturday starting about noon.

Sounds like a nice day for the Gunfighter's maiden flight. I'll be there around 9am.

Justin
the_walrus is online now Find More Posts by the_walrus
Closed Thread