HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:48 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,479 Posts
Who would DO such a thing! Oh the Humanity.
Didya get it on video
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,840 Posts
So I showed up at the sod farm thinking after 2 p.m. there wouldn't be anybody there, but there were still six or seven guys flying. Cory drove down from Brigham and was flying FPV with Steve.

After making some revisions to my new Deep Reaper, I was excited to test it out.

The plane flies great. But unfortunately I was getting some severe interference on my 2.4ghz video. After everybody stopped flying I tried again, and was still getting interference. I couldn't figure it out, I've never had interference at the farm before.

Frustrated, I packed all my gear up and left. But as I drove towards Vineyard park, I passed the east side of the sod farm only to find that there were a dozen DLG guys doing a DLG contest over there, well within range of us but just out of sight behind the bushes. Crap.

So that explained the massive video interference on 2.4, they were swamping the frequency. I can't believe nobody posted in here that they were doing a contest at the farm.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hintze View Post
Speaking of the fun of crashing foamies... hitting trees at Art Dye at full speed with a little foamie Spitfire is very entertaining.
VIDEO CAMERA WAS (FOR THE FIRST TIME) IN THE CAR...........CRAP!!!! IT WAS A GOOD ONE TOO. HE WAS BANKING AND HEADED RIGHT FOR US. IT MADE ME START TO DIVE BEHIND THE CAR... KIND OF A WET YOUR PANTS MOMENT I ASKED HIM TO A DO OVER BUT, NOTA
KEN RC FILMS is offline Find More Posts by KEN RC FILMS
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Todd, glad to hear your new fpv is at least flying well.

Talked to Dan E. He seemed interested to help. call me Sunday evening or Mon. and I will fill you in.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:46 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,924 Posts
Todd, so anyone on 2.4 swamps the system??? That seems very bad. We were not doing a contest, but yes, everybody and their dog showed up today. I did break down and fly some non DLG stuff today after the flippin. The Supercub of Love was just beyond beautiful at the end of the day! I LOVE that plane!!!!

I need to find out what board you guys are using for the Tricopters as I cant get that thing to stabilize no matter what I do.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:40 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,605 Posts
Whoa... 5-6 2.4 radios kills your transmission? I thought that stuff flew on some other frequency. You have been getting great video though!
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:58 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,840 Posts
The live video link from my plane to my ground station is a single frequency on 2.4ghz. It works great, unless I'm standing next to a bunch of guys flying regular planes on 2.4ghz frequency hopping systems, which will use a huge swath of channels on 2.4, and thus create noise in the video bands. The primary reason all the FPV guys have to go to the other side of the field is to reduce RF interference to their video systems.

My video link was great while I was nearby, but as I flew out towards the lake, it got really bad, which it's never done before. I didn't realize that I was only half a block away from a dozen guys all flying 2.4ghz, all frequency hopping systems.

Needless to say, I won't be flying FPV at the farm again during the weekend flying. I needed to do some system tests today, so I needed the space.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:09 AM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,664 Posts
Hey Todd,

Do you know which channel of 2.4 Ghz your system uses and can you change it?

The airplane stuff (and really everything but WiFi) tends to stay in the places between or on the edges of WiFi channels.

At a place like the Sod Farm, it might be helpful to actually use a spot right in the middle of a WiFi channel because nothing is out there. And the airplane radios are likely programmed to avoid it.
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:20 AM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,664 Posts
Ken... here's a link to the formation video.

My compression engine really didn't like the darker footage for some reason. And every time I tried to deinterlace and compile in HD my program exploded.

At some point I'm going to have to invest in better hardware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=ALKDLmHz_X4#!
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:37 PM
United States, UT, Saratoga Springs
Joined Mar 2010
452 Posts
Did someone say formation flying?

Yves "Jetman" Rossy flies in formation with jet planes (1 min 16 sec)
the_walrus is offline Find More Posts by the_walrus
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:25 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,924 Posts
Hey kids, what are DX6i's really going for?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=231...ults=12&sort=1

I have one I need to sell.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:54 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Jon, Blake and I are looking for one at a, "club act like you like us price"! what do you want for it?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:59 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,479 Posts
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...d=&search=DX6I

I don't know if he likes you or not, that might be stretching it a little
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
we bought are last one for 90.00 and I cried just a little. Does Jon's unreal piloting skills make it worth more or less?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:14 AM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,479 Posts
90 bucks is a smoking deal!

Jon's piloting skills are second only to his people skills
Closed Thread