HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
thanks Jeff, Todd, and the ninja nation. we had an unbelievable trip. Blake said he wont clean the mud off his shoes just so he can look down and remember GOOD TIMES. Its a good thing he can mountain climb, see a plane at 2.3 miles and duck quick to avoid go pro shrapnel!!!! he can fly too
KEN RC FILMS is offline Find More Posts by KEN RC FILMS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:59 AM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN RC FILMS View Post
Blake said he wont clean the mud off his shoes just so he can look down and remember GOOD TIMES.
Maybe I need to look at it that way too.
I haven't been able to clean the mud off mine even after trying.
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:08 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
HaHa.... I'm glad you came out on top when you tried to fight the lava rocks. scary moment. All-n-all the whole trip would make a pretty good blog!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:31 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,806 Posts
Yep, blog is on the top of my list of things to do. It's all in the works, just as soon as this video is done. I'm almost there.

I'm seriously glad Jeff didn't knock out all his teeth on that chunk of lava rock, I thought for sure that was gonna happen. I'm sure his wife wouldn't let him go with us again if he came home with missing teeth every time we went out flying. Haha.

I really like my muddy shoes... without the mud. So I scraped the mud off this morning, banged them hard, washed them off in the bathtub to get the rest of it off, then threw them in the washing machine.

They'll be good as old again soon!

I'm already itching for another road trip. Got a lot of work to do to get ready for one though, got to get the new wing tuned up and working, get the quad done, and then the SkyWalker for more stable scenic shots. Hopefully I can get everything ready for a December trip to Powell.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:33 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Great video!!!!
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
thank you, hey Todd let us know asap of Dec. Powell so we can get it on the radar
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:46 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,806 Posts
Ken,

Will do. I'll get the nod from the wife after she gets home from work. If she doesn't like the idea of doing it together as a family (which I hope she does), I'm going anyway. I want to do it so bad my teeth ache.

I'm not kidding, they ache!

I just finished up the video & music edit on my new FPV video, and I'm here to tell you... it's awesome! Much better than the last one, at least I think it is.

It's a good thing half the video was unusable because it'd have been a ten minute video instead of five. I ended up editing the song and looping parts twice to add a few extra minutes to make it long enough to barely contain the gist of what we did down there in St. George.

I've watched it several times now, and it's almost exhausting there's so much unbelievable and beautiful footage. I'm really happy with how it turned out, aside from the bumpiness from the wind. That's something that the video suffers from throughout the entirety, but was unavoidable with a flying wing. Oh well. It's still great video.

I can't wait to do it again! It was so much fun having all you guys along for the ride and helping out with the gear and keeping track of the plane in flight. It's much more enjoyable to FPV that way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:59 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
I sure hope you put music on that EVERYONE, even the .01% of the people that watched the last one that said they hated it. Heavily laced with SARCASM. That is just proof that you cant please everyone!!! HA HA
Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:21 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Todd, that sounds good. we need a five min. or so example to pitch and it needs to have some of my footage to show making of type impact on lands that we want to visit if you know what I mean. Cant wait to see what you have.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:07 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,806 Posts
Aaron,

Yeah, this music is definitely more idiot friendly. It's not nearly as sweet as a good rock tune, which I tend to lean towards, but I tried something more nondescript for this video because I'm curious how many MORE music-hating comments I'll get that way. Then I can message the guy and tell him he ruined my new video by insisting I use idiot-friendly music.

Haha.

That, and I plan on submitting it to GoPro for sponsorship. I can't afford to buy new GoPro's every time I go on an FPV trip and crash my plane into lava cliffs, so I'm hoping I can get them to send me one for free.

Actually, that's the only reason for using this music, but since you brought that guy up it seems like a great way to get even with the goofball for making such a lame comment on my YouTube video. So when I post it, Aaron, be sure to comment on how much you preferred the rock music in my other video, what was I thinking, etc. etc.

I'll probably delete any music-hating posts before submitting it to GoPro though.

Ken,

This video is not designed for the travel council, it's for GoPro, the next DragonLink contest, and the blog... and for my personal viewing pleasure.

Since most of the scenic shots from St. George were too blurry & bouncy to use, I'll need to do something more customized for them, and I have some plans for doing that. There's no rush, I want to take the time and do it right. Let me know when you want to swing by for a video dump, I'm anxious to see some of that downhill stuff.

RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:13 PM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,659 Posts
The crash video was fantastic. Super-slow-mo made it great.

That was a fun trip. February trip is right around the corner!
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:15 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
I certainly will do that. It is SO my nature to be a smart alec and will definately do that.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
ya great crash video along with a LOT of cool other stuffage. What a rush......everything.......except the sushi roll CRAP......was heaven. To bad we had to suffer in that dump to sleep! get me more popcorn.
Todd. I know your not Travel Counciling Yet
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:58 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,943 Posts
Here are a couple of videos from St. George.
Maiden flights of my 74" ESM Corsair and the Habu 32.

ESM Corsair Maiden.mov (2 min 6 sec)

Habu 32 Maiden.mov (2 min 17 sec)
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:07 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,063 Posts
Dang that Habu looks fast!!
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Closed Thread