Closed Thread
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:44 AM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken hawk View Post
Hey Denial was that you at In and Out Burger last night causing trouble? It was too dark for me to tell for sure and I didnít want to run up to the wrong cop yelling and screaming "A dingo ate my baby!"
Yeah, it was me. Some crazy girl slammed into that Civic in that's parking lot, nearly pushing it out of the stall, and took off. She eventually crashed into an orchard and we got her then. She was spraying whipped cream all over inside her car, and asking if we could call her sister who was on Mars.

I tried to get over to you, but that moron in the Cadillac decided to back the full length of the parking lot. By the time he was done, you were already inside your car.
(ps, no offence if you're,related to the moron.)
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:49 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,844 Posts
Quote:
Some crazy girl slammed into that Civic in that's parking lot, nearly pushing it out of the stall, and took off. She eventually crashed into an orchard and we got her then. She was spraying whipped cream all over inside her car, and asking if we could call her sister who was on Mars.
The roaming charges on my phone are ASTRONOMICAL whenever I call Mars.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:04 AM
Plane Insane RC.com
Spanish Fork Utah
Joined Mar 2005
1,327 Posts
I saw that guy backing up. I'm not sure what he was doing. I wonder if In and out was serving up something special in their burgers last night?
chicken hawk is offline Find More Posts by chicken hawk
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:47 AM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
the roaming charges on my phone are astronomical whenever i call mars.

ba da ching!
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:56 AM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Really? That would mean it takes you 10 hours to charge a pack from empty to full. You can safely charge any of today's packs at a 1C miminum.
jfinch I went back and read the article where I got the c/10 idea from and discovered the writer was saying it was a good idea to use C/10 to gently bring up a brand new battery the first time then do a 1C charge there after.

Well I started with the C/10 the first time I charged my batterys then forgot about the 1C thing. So thanks for pointing that out...hehe
6Killer is offline Find More Posts by 6Killer
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:05 AM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
I have been charging my batteries in a bunker outside since I start flying in August, but with the weather change I got worried my batteries would freeze. So, from what I read, Lipos don't have a problem with the cold until you get down to like -40 (C or F??).

One thing about the internet. Sometimes it is hard to tell if the information you are getting is new or old and whether the guy who is writing knows what he is talking about. So, I am running this by you guys to correct me if I am wrong.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:14 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
They may not have a damaging problem down to that low of a temperature, but the performance will suffer. In MY experience, you should try to keep them warm before you fly them. My wife made me a rice bag that I heat up in the microwave before I head out to fly. I put it in with the batteries to keep them warm. If I am out there long enough to cool down the rice bag, I will put the defroster on in the car to warm them before I fly them. Your experience may vary. Warm...not hot. Charge them and store them at whatever temp ya want, but just warm them a little before flying them.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:45 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,925 Posts
STOLEN 9303 TX & MULTIPLE CHOPPERS

Hey Guys. I just got this message from the UTE message board. Please keep your eyes out for any of this gear!

---------------------------------

Hi all,

This is Jim with the Utah Helicopter Association,

Our club president, Nik Coffen, called me this morning with a gut wrenching story of walking into his garage to find that every bit of his RC helicopter gear, tools, radio, equipment, etc stolen!!! Nik was even helping build some other people's helicopters, which were taken as well. This made me personally sick to my stomach and we want to get the word out to as many modelers in the state as quickly as possible so they can be watching pawn shops, flying fields, hobby shops, local classifieds, etc. Nik has some stuff that is unique and we are hopeful that it can be found. Here is a partial list of things to look out for that he gave me this morning to pass on to all of you:

-A JR 9303 2.4GHz radio
-Two Miniature Aircraft Fury helicopters RTF, both with very unique paint schemes.
-Align Trex 700 kit, new in box - but with the clutch removed from the kit.
-Align Trex 500 helicopter RTF with a four bladed head
-E-Flite Blade 400 RTF helicopter
-Align Trex 450 Pro RTF helicopter
-Assorted tools, start gear, etc..... he said all of it was taken, down to the last wrench

Please keep your eyes peeled for this gear, and if you wouldn't mind passing this information along to your club memberships or any other group that you think would be able to help out, we would appreciate it. If you find any information, please call Nik right away at 8.0.1-7.8.7-2.9.0.7.
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:45 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,571 Posts
Jim- sounds like you are on the right track now. Less charging- more flying
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Nov 11, 2010, 02:56 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,871 Posts
It's short notice, but does anyone want to go flying in an hour or so at Art Dye?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 03:30 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,871 Posts
I should be at Art Dye a little before 2 to fly the F-35. I'll bring my wing in case anyone else shows up.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 03:33 PM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
On my way
Old Nov 11, 2010, 04:26 PM
A different attitude to RC
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Killer View Post
jfinch I went back and read the article where I got the c/10 idea from and discovered the writer was saying it was a good idea to use C/10 to gently bring up a brand new battery the first time then do a 1C charge there after.

Well I started with the C/10 the first time I charged my batterys then forgot about the 1C thing. So thanks for pointing that out...hehe
I have heard that the important thing for a new battery is to discharge it at a lower rate for the first few uses, something like half it's rated discharge or less.

It can be hard to do and keep track of though! And as Jon says, batteries are so cheap now, it may not make a big enough difference.
extremewing is offline Find More Posts by extremewing
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:02 PM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
Thanks Adrian. I like to take care of my batteries, but I am not always patient enough to go through the right procedures, especially if a chance to fly is pending and I get hyped up.

Dan - I took the winglets off and I still had to add 3 oz ahead of the battery to get it to balance on the CG! The reason I put the winglets on was because of a little yaw instability. Thinking it over, I would rather deal with that than how squirrelly it is when tail heavy.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:09 PM
swede
Joined Aug 2005
3,871 Posts
Yeah, I figured it was tail heavy. Sounds like you might as well remove the weight and just use a bigger battery. If you're going to have the extra weight, you might as well have it be useful.
Closed Thread