HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:43 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
Success!!! The Mustang and Corsair need 48 grams in the nose. It's a lot of dead weight but, it is what's needed. pretty nice little flier. I will be getting a new airframe for mine as soon as I can since it got pretty cracked up during the testing. As far as I know Ready2Flyplanes is changing to Ready2Hobby. I met the owners at a Jr event a few years ago and have seen them at several events. They're pretty nice guys.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:11 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Success!!! The Mustang and Corsair need 48 grams in the nose. It's a lot of dead weight but, it is what's needed. pretty nice little flier. I will be getting a new airframe for mine as soon as I can since it got pretty cracked up during the testing. As far as I know Ready2Flyplanes is changing to Ready2Hobby. I met the owners at a Jr event a few years ago and have seen them at several events. They're pretty nice guys.
Can you add a bigger battery (functional weight) and get her to balance at your proven CG?
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:27 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to weigh my batter +40 grans and see If I can find a 2s in that range.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:23 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hi Kuczy

I've been following your thread, I'm glad you got the CG issue sorted. Your P-51 looks great, if you get a chance please post a video of it flying.

Andy
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:38 PM
Just above a newb
Fort Mill, SC
Joined Sep 2007
756 Posts
48 grams seems like a lot of ballast for a plane that size. Hopefully there is a better option, because I think the looks are awesome and the price is right for sure.
Wrathchild is offline Find More Posts by Wrathchild
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:01 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
Yeah it's 48 grams plus the battery. I heard from the guys at Ready2Hobby and they said the Cessna flies right out of the box with no additional weight, but the 2Corsairs and 2 Mustangs need the extra weight. The good thing is you can definitely carry a bigger batter as long as it fits. I'll post the size of the battery area later or tomorrow. There is a silver Mustang and a Green one and there is a Navy Corsair and then one with Red Bull decals??? Why I don't Know. Then there is the Cessna.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:08 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
redbull corsair

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviatio...show?id=084640
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:26 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
Well there you go. That's exactly what it looks like.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:19 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,458 Posts
if it needs nose weight, maybe go with a slightly bigger motor and battery then you'll have a rocket!

also, whats the diameter of the 4 blade? does it have any numbers on it?
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:48 AM
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
No numbers on the prop. I figure you can carry a 80-90gram 2s considering the weight of the stock battery and the 40-48 grams of dead weight I used.
The battery area is 1 1/4" tall x 1" wide. Length is a non issue. The prop is 5 1/16" tip to tip. Replacement props are all black with no decals on the blades and the spinner is all black.

RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:21 PM
The effect is sadly temporary
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,675 Posts
They're awesome when you get them setup finally.

Hey Kuczy, thanks for starting a thread on these. I'm the one you bought it from.

I've opened up all three, and flown them all since the JR Indoor event. The Cessna balanced out of the box. I needed 42g lead in my Corsair, and 28g lead in my P-51. I think they may have some moulding issues at the factory causing some high density spots in the foam. There's quite a variation there, but these planes are so pretty it's worth it.

I wish the factory had done their homework a little better on these beauty's, but I'm working with them to write a better instruction manual, and get these issues sorted out.

I had them all up flying yesterday. I'm making a few mods to my P-51. I had two perfect flights, but on the second landing it tipped forward and I lost a blade on that 4-blade prop. The 4-blade is beautiful, but it may have to go. I painted up a new spare prop (Painted the blade tips while I was at it) and angled the landing gear about 1/4" forward. Of course then I flipped it in a cross wind and broke that prop too. Corsair and Cessna flew without a hitch luckily. So, I've got some video uploading to Youtube right now, and I'll post when it's ready.

Here are some pics from yesterday to whet your appetites. The planes are available now, $125 + Shipping receiver ready (4 2.5g servos, Motor, Props, 12amp esc, 2-cell 450 pack) or Bind-n-Fly with an MX 6110 clone for $140. The Cessna, The Corsair in Navy or Redbull, the P-51 in Dark Green/Silver, or Silver with Red/Yellow stripes. PM me for ordering info.

Thanks,
Dan
Hippo is online now Find More Posts by Hippo
Last edited by Hippo; Nov 21, 2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Updated Photos.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:06 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
Sweet pics Dan.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:29 PM
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,675 Posts
Cessna

Thanks man.

The Cessna video is up (HD even). It was blowing about 8-12 out there, and the plane handled it like a champ. I totally greased that landing. I flew for 2:10. Predictions based on 4-5 minute flights seem to add up to around 8min flight times on the 450mah.

FlyFly Micro Cessna 182 (2 min 36 sec)

Enjoy,
Dan
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:34 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Thanks man.

The Cessna video is up (HD even). It was blowing about 8-12 out there, and the plane handled it like a champ. I totally greased that landing. I flew for 2:10. Predictions based on 4-5 minute flights seem to add up to around 8min flight times on the 450mah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QyDLTxefA

Enjoy,
Dan
I never knew cessnas could do multiple barrel rolls and loops! How large are they? Are they the same size as the ultra micros?
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:12 PM
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
I never knew cessnas could do multiple barrel rolls and loops! How large are they? Are they the same size as the ultra micros?
It's a fast little bugger alright. Larger than the E-Flites. It's 21.5" (550mm) and heavier too. (Some more than others. )

Dan