HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
309 Posts
I was thinking the DR at 30% on the alerons might be too much. I know with the small control surfaces on the plane you want small movements. But maybe you went too far with it and don't have much control. I'm just guessing.
oldsneakers is offline Find More Posts by oldsneakers
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
I was thinking the DR at 30% on the alerons might be too much. I know with the small control surfaces on the plane you want small movements. But maybe you went too far with it and don't have much control. I'm just guessing.
When I say 30 percent I mean 30 percent actual movement compared to if it was set at 100. So they barely move when I use them. I know it's fast and twitchy this is why I set DR so low. I wanted to get used to it.

As for the rudder comment. That may be it. Although I don't remember touching the throttle stick the entire time. When i went to get the plane out of the car I did notice the rudder was turned to the left slightly. Though this may have been moved during impact. I'll never know.

Would any of you suggest taping the rudder or deactivating the rudder as an experiment for me to see if it does it again?
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Jul 2011
309 Posts
I think I said it backwards. I meant at 30%, the alerons would barely be moving and maybe contributing to a lack of control. Before I added the gyro to my alerons, the plane was extremely twitchy in roll.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
I think I said it backwards. I meant at 30%, the alerons would barely be moving and maybe contributing to a lack of control. Before I added the gyro to my alerons, the plane was extremely twitchy in roll.
Hmm maybe so. It seemed to turn pretty fine after a couple of circuits. I think I might inadvertently be pressing rudder by accident. I don't know. I'm gonna fly it again with no rudder and see what happens.

Also my motor works great until 75% and higher. Then it just stutters. Never seen that before.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 12:13 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
has anyone found a 2 blade prop that works well for the P-51 ?
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Jul 2011
309 Posts
Badabush, my friends corsair motor is doing a similar thing. It cuts out over 1/2 throttle. I gave him my motor to test and it worked fine. He put his back in and it worked fine. The next time he turned it on, same problem, cuts out. So we are guessing it's the esc.

KCinNC, I tested 3 different 2 blade props back in this thread for the corsair. I don't see why they wouldn't work on the mustang. They all need prop adapters though.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Badabush, my friends corsair motor is doing a similar thing. It cuts out over 1/2 throttle. I gave him my motor to test and it worked fine. He put his back in and it worked fine. The next time he turned it on, same problem, cuts out. So we are guessing it's the esc.

KCinNC, I tested 3 different 2 blade props back in this thread for the corsair. I don't see why they wouldn't work on the mustang. They all need prop adapters though.
Thanks for this. I've never seen an ESC so tiny. Where do you get them?
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jul 2011
309 Posts
I think this is it. But check the part numbers to be sure.

http://www.hobby88.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=473

The shipping from hobby88 is very high. I would think any brushless 12 amp ecs would work but you don't know till you try.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
I think this is it. But check the part numbers to be sure.

http://www.hobby88.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=473

The shipping from hobby88 is very high. I would think any brushless 12 amp ecs would work but you don't know till you try.
Yep that's it. Thanks!
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:20 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
hey babdush - I'm just down the road from you and have the motor and ESC from my corsair if you are interested. A couple wires pulled free from the ESC when I was dismantling, but let me know. I can take pics if you want.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
hey babdush - I'm just down the road from you and have the motor and ESC from my corsair if you are interested. A couple wires pulled free from the ESC when I was dismantling, but let me know. I can take pics if you want.
Sure that'd be cool. I gotta say though I'm not exactly eager to fly this thing. Either I'm not used to micros or it just doesn't fly right. Like I said earlier I took up my sky raider for the first time ever yesterday and it flew completely different than this micro corsair.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:29 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
Let me help eliminate possibilities. It isn't you. Those who fly these things do it in SPITE of the design.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Yeah that whole rudder inverting thing is pretty obnoxious
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Dec 2011
700 Posts
What have you guys done for replacement motors?
I don't want the same one that came with it. Just something that will bolt up.
danpos is offline Find More Posts by danpos
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:41 PM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
has anyone found a 2 blade prop that works well for the P-51 ?
I have done a static thrust test of GWS 5030 prop on the P51 with stock motor. 210g thrust for 5.13A, so much better than stock prop (210g for 10.5A - ridiculous amp draw).
I havent flown it yet, I have been fiddling trying to install a GWS 5043 prop into a nose cone, and a few other bits. What I can say is that with only a 5A draw I got a 325mah battery which slides right up behind the motor and appears to acheive the reccomended cog with no extra weight added. we will see if that works.

with only 5A draw I could have even gone with a lighter esc and lost 4~5g of weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Q4Zd-dRAQRE
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer