HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:37 AM
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
Bladefan, it has a 1 gram resolution and will do up to 1000 grams. You can switch to ounces too. It also lets you reset it back to zero after you hang the plane on it.

American Weigh Scale Model AMW-SR-1KG
oldsneakers is offline Find More Posts by oldsneakers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:30 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
The second flight ended the day, as it stalled going into a gusty headwind (too slow on my part, I think), stalled, and would not recover from the spin. Also, just not enough altitude. It seemed like the elevator didn't have enough ooomph - which is odd because it had plenty in level flight.

If you haven't already done so, you may want to check your elevator - I discovered that mine was uneven under presssure (the side w/ the control horn would move more than the side without), and this made recovery from a bad situation (or high speed loop) impossible. I braced mine and it improved marginally.

And watching that P 51 go in and the look of utter frustration on the pilots face - man, I have BEEN there!!.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:43 PM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
finally it flew,found a 5x4 mpx prop in my box thought id try it out.
needed 3/4 throttle to keep airborne,but not enough to climb vertical,just stalled on climb,shall try a 6x3 and a 6x4 prop next..
dazza44 is offline Find More Posts by dazza44
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:17 PM
I can crash anything
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined May 2012
145 Posts
Has anyone one a motor replacement? Mine died and I thought someone made a recommendation a while back but I can't find it...any thoughts?
Rescuejim is offline Find More Posts by Rescuejim
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:28 AM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
a 20g 2000kv out runner should do it.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:37 AM
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
This looks like the original motor. It has the right numbers. But it is missing the adapter that is pressed on the motor in the corsair. Shipping is a ripoff from this place too.

http://www.hobby88.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=403
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:55 AM
Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
This looks like the original motor. It has the right numbers. But it is missing the adapter that is pressed on the motor in the corsair. Shipping is a ripoff from this place too.
original motor can be bought here (at least in switzerland)

[edit]they also have the prop adapter
munzli is offline Find More Posts by munzli
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
That hobby88 place sells a version of the 550mm FlyFly corsair I haven't seen for sale anywhere else. It has the three color blue paint scheme that other corsairs have. It looks nice. Everyone else seems to only sell the all navy blue version.

http://www.hobby88.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=431

Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:58 AM
I can crash anything
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined May 2012
145 Posts
Thanks to munzli and old sneakers for motor recommendations. New one is on the way.
Rescuejim is offline Find More Posts by Rescuejim
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
That hobby88 place sells a version of the 550mm FlyFly corsair I haven't seen for sale anywhere else. It has the three color blue paint scheme that other corsairs have. It looks nice. Everyone else seems to only sell the all navy blue version.

http://www.hobby88.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=431

ARRGGGGHHHHH!! Tempted. I know better. . . I know better. . . I know better. . . but still tempted. At least that paint scheme would eliminate ONE of the many problems with this thing. And I still have my 3 S bat and some extra props laying around . . and it looks so good. . . no no no no no no no. I need to unsubscribe for my own sanity.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:43 AM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
ARRGGGGHHHHH!! Tempted. I know better. . . I know better. . . I know better. . . but still tempted. At least that paint scheme would eliminate ONE of the many problems with this thing. And I still have my 3 S bat and some extra props laying around . . and it looks so good. . . no no no no no no no. I need to unsubscribe for my own sanity.
you know you want too
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
I can't believe I did it again. I accidentally over wrote the corsair memory in my transmitter. So I had to recreate it from scratch. And I missed reversing the elevators. Launched it right into the ground again. That's two weeks in a row I didn't make it more than 10 feet. That poor plane has taken a beating. Nothing super glue won't fix though.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:02 AM
Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
58 Posts
Quote:
I can't believe I did it again. I accidentally over wrote the corsair memory in my transmitter. So I had to recreate it from scratch. And I missed reversing the elevators. Launched it right into the ground again. That's two weeks in a row I didn't make it more than 10 feet. That poor plane has taken a beating. Nothing super glue won't fix though.
i check my throws every time after hooking up a new battery without even having to think about it...
munzli is offline Find More Posts by munzli
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Jul 2012
16 Posts
form my opinon not an warbird, but make an small review about the flyfly mini pc9 here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=flyfli

regards

stefan
swissflying is offline Find More Posts by swissflying
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:02 PM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,011 Posts
P-51D Mustang By FlyFly (2 min 16 sec)
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson