Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:26 PM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Test
This isn't going too Tax my Dial-Up is it???

(There is a Test area you can do this in, I'm just too Lazy to find/post the link though).

George/Jorge61
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:28 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
SAC ca
Joined Feb 2009
888 Posts
Thanks to Flying GIANTS & 3DH for the Cali HUCKFEST

I hope we can get another H-fest next year. I saved some money on a few frames. Got to see some giant scale huck in person. And met some good fellas. A BIG ThANKS to Scott, Rob and Tim for offering up their big vyps to fly. Especially not even knowing what kind of pilot I am.

I will admit I was in awe. OK, I was totally overwhelmed. I packed my 46" vyper and my 57" sukhio. Unfortunately I left my bolts at home. I just got chicken when it came time to fly. Now I regret it.

Quick question though do all the huckfests and or AMA sanctioned fields only let 4 pilots fly at a time? I've never been to a sanctioned field or an rc demo before. I'm going to change that though real soon.

THANKS again FG and 3DH.

Zeb
tuck is online now Find More Posts by tuck
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:50 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
George this is as low as I can go without costing to much

Too low Name: 100_3185.jpg
Views: 86
Size: 82.6 KB
Description:
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:02 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,196 Posts
Well guys I had a great "long weekend", put 12 flights on my Velox and I'm glad I have 4 more 6S lipo comming tomorrow as 4 isn't enough.

Honestly as much as I like the Velox I was really missing my big gasser - smelling the fuel, flipping the prop and hearing that big twin ripping through the sky is VERY Cool to me. HOWEVER - this afternoon my parents came over and Abbie wanted to show "Grandma and Grandpa" how she can fly the Champ. So we took the 4 minute trip to the electric only club and Abbie get's the champ out - shows my parents how she installs the battery as well as describes her "pre-flight check" and then tosses the champ in the air.

It was her best flight so far - figure 8's, loops, slow and low fly-by's which she calls her "Photo Pass" and then a perfect landing right at her feet. She said "hold on a minute" as she went and got another battery and started her second flight - in fact we had to say "no" when she went for battery number 3. LOL

The Grandparents and I were so very proud - I can't wait to see how she does with the EBT - heck she might be ready for the 47SHP by the time SEFF rolls around.
MLT67 is online now Find More Posts by MLT67
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,623 Posts
Noll Fly's his 103 SC 100cc Unit!

Noll did a great job yesterday at Stacks on his 68 Velox, 89 Slick and even the Big Boy 103 SC!

This guy is able to talk and answer questions while he is making the smoothest landings! Amazing! Definately a Quad Processor running in his head!

3DHS 103" Extra 330 SC 100cc (9 min 48 sec)
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts

I wish I that big of a Sack...

Congrats!!

George
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:03 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
...The Grandparents and I were so very proud - I can't wait to see how she does with the EBT - heck she might be ready for the 47SHP by the time SEFF rolls around.
Awesome!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:11 PM
Team 3DHS
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
This isn't going too Tax my Dial-Up is it???

(There is a Test area you can do this in, I'm just too Lazy to find/post the link though).

George/Jorge61
Having some trouble with tapatalk....I was trying to load 2 or 3 images and it would not go.....network error.....just testing tApatalk...

EDIT - Guess it went...twice.....see last page...
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bivens; Nov 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:13 PM
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
MLT, Congrats to Abbie on her flights!!!
Congrats Abbie!!!

You, Well, sounds like you did OK...

As far as you getting away from gassers, I hope that we have a, Non Event when I pick up the 103" SC next weekend...

George
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:19 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
MLT, Congrats to Abbie on her flights!!!
Congrats Abbie!!!

You, Well, sounds like you did OK...

As far as you getting away from gassers, I hope that we have a, Non Event when I pick up the 103" SC next weekend...

George
Yeah if I start to get a little "teary eyed" you will have to promise not to tell anyone.

Also flying a 68" Velox and soon a 70" Slick is hardly what you would call "suffering".

MLT
MLT67 is online now Find More Posts by MLT67
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:29 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Guys....

I am sorry to get this far off topic, but maybe somebody here will have the answer...

I have, over the last two months, sprayed seven gallons (mixed) of Round-up (mixed at 8 oz per gallon of water instead of 6 oz.) on my small front yard trying to kill off the crabgrass that got into my yard. EVERY thing in my front yard is dead but I still see green crabgrass!!! I live in San Jose, CA, so while grass does slow down growing during the winter, it does still grow, so I want to plant a new yard, but can't do it until I get rid of this darn crabgrass!!! Any suggestions???

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:37 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,623 Posts
59 Slick Demo #2 from Stacks On Akron Saturday

Second Demo of the Orange 59 Slick yesterday... No Crabgrass seen at this field!

Ya, it has a Blue Hue too............ Just enjoy the Flying!

3DHS New 59 AJ Slick Demo #2 at Stacks (5 min 50 sec)
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:43 PM
fly the pants off it!
Joined Jan 2009
868 Posts
lawn

what kind of lawn is it? overseed your lawn now, let it grow tall 2" to 3" crab grass loves light taller grass less light. next pre-emergents in January to kill off the seeds. Crabgrass comes back due to the seeds. so when you kill the plant with spray you didnt kill the seed. Note: you will not be able to seed after pre-emergents are put out. just my 2cent
lando211 is offline Find More Posts by lando211
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:49 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lando211 View Post
what kind of lawn is it? overseed your lawn now, let it grow tall 2" to 3" crab grass loves light taller grass less light. next pre-emergents in January to kill off the seeds. Crabgrass comes back due to the seeds. so when you kill the plant with spray you didnt kill the seed. Note: you will not be able to seed after pre-emergents are put out. just my 2cent
There is NO lawn at this time, it was "Imperial Rye", (which as it turned out, I didn't like) but as I said, I have definitely killed everything else in a 1/2 block radius...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:58 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck View Post
I hope we can get another H-fest next year. I saved some money on a few frames. Got to see some giant scale huck in person. And met some good fellas. A BIG ThANKS to Scott, Rob and Tim for offering up their big vyps to fly. Especially not even knowing what kind of pilot I am.

I will admit I was in awe. OK, I was totally overwhelmed. I packed my 46" vyper and my 57" sukhio. Unfortunately I left my bolts at home. I just got chicken when it came time to fly. Now I regret it.

Quick question though do all the huckfests and or AMA sanctioned fields only let 4 pilots fly at a time? I've never been to a sanctioned field or an rc demo before. I'm going to change that though real soon.

THANKS again FG and 3DH.

Zeb
Hi Zeb.....

Unfortunately due to the fact that the pain from my sons back surgery increased to the point we couldn't stay, I was there for a while on Friday and very early Saturday, would like to have met you (and if I had stayed I would have had plenty of wing bolts to share)....

To paraphrase..."Spare wing bolts, never leave home with out them"

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread