HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:55 PM
www.ReaperBrushless.com
Joined Jul 2007
1,868 Posts
Shipping Tomorrow

Hey Guys

We will be shipping tomorrow so if anyone needs anything . Also we are still running the buy one get one free .

Scott
The Reaper is offline Find More Posts by The Reaper
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:20 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,234 Posts
Can't wait to get my 89" gas Slick in the air, this will be my first gas plane, just waiting on the DA 60 and Jtech Pitts muffler to get here then assemble and maiden !! -------Question, I've seen restraints or hold downs that go in front of the the stabilizer to hole the plane while you start it, are these a good idea for a gas newbie. If so, where might I fine them.
goflyhighrc is offline Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:33 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Posted in the 103 thread.......

Maidened my 103 today....

"One more thing......when I started flying again about a year ago...I was amazed when I'd see a video of a maiden flight with huckin.......now I understand.

3 Flights on mine now....but on the first flight.....(even though it was a little HIGH....) I got a snap on takeoff.....harriers....KE spins.....KE flight....hovering......and a BUTTER smooth landing.....now I understand.

The 87SHP I've had since SEFF this year put me into perfect confidence with this airframe right off the bat.....and when the DA fired up on about 10 flips and ran PERFECT.....it's a very comforting feeling......
it only took about 5 trim steps on elevator (only 1 click of NORMAL size trim)......and 6 on aileron....(click and a half).....I think the aileron trim has a little to do with the prop wash off that DA.....it's powerful.....there's a LITTLE roll with throttle advance.....thrust line felt perfect though....

....On the 2nd and 3rd flights it was snap-to-hovers.......even a tailsiding hover.......this plane is gonna teach me a LOT........I'm confident that I can get it on the DECK sometime soon.......this is cool. I'm really excited about this plane......

And earlier in the week, I was amazed by the 70 slick maiden.....I got several flights on that also today.......What a day......What a WEEK!!!! "

Photos by John Lomax.

Graphics shamelessly cut myself.....copied from Nick's scheme available at NACHO's Cheese.........if you like the Graphics....talk to NICK.......I'm NOT in the sign business....I only decorate my planes......

Now for a red-bull package on that 70 slick......
Congratulations !!!! Oh, and I nominate all 3 pics for customer awesomeness !!!!!!!!!! Especially the center pic !
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:42 PM
Righteous 87
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jun 2009
1,656 Posts

My 70" Slick lost power in a low hover today, motor just quit, still had control. busted the firewall up pretty bad, broke a few other pieces. bent the shaft on the motor. not bad considering it dropped from 10ft on to its nose.
motor worked afterwards, I'm guessing my CC 100 ice lite esc burped. I never cheched to see if it was on the recall list. Guess I should have.
I'll send it back and see what they say.
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:43 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Quote:
Can't wait to get my 89" gas Slick in the air, this will be my first gas plane, just waiting on the DA 60 and Jtech Pitts muffler to get here then assemble and maiden !! -------Question, I've seen restraints or hold downs that go in front of the the stabilizer to hole the plane while you start it, are these a good idea for a gas newbie. If so, where might I fine them.
Yes, if you are forced to fly by yourself, holdbacks are a necessity. Never start your gas plane without something very reliable holding it back, for your safety. We needed a new one around here, we got our latest from Fisher Fuel Products at the Fl. huckfest, although I don't see them listed on their site yet.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:51 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Midwest also makes them, called Aero-mate
here's a link to the one I use.
It will hold my 103" with a DLE 111

http://www.midwestproducts.com/item_...asp?item_id=56
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:53 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,867 Posts
Poll time for all of you guys out there flying stuff larger than 80". Are you transporting in a car/suv, or are you using a trailer?
CrashesALot is offline Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:54 PM
RC Addiction
Southeastern Michigan
Joined Oct 2007
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post

My 70" Slick lost power in a low hover today, motor just quit, still had control. busted the firewall up pretty bad, broke a few other pieces. bent the shaft on the motor. not bad considering it dropped from 10ft on to its nose.
motor worked afterwards, I'm guessing my CC 100 ice lite esc burped. I never cheched to see if it was on the recall list. Guess I should have.
I'll send it back and see what they say.
Had similar issue with 68 Velox last week running ICE 100. Lost motor but still had control of servos. ????
c-182 is offline Find More Posts by c-182
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:57 PM
RC Addiction
Southeastern Michigan
Joined Oct 2007
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
Poll time for all of you guys out there flying stuff larger than 80". Are you transporting in a car/suv, or are you using a trailer?
Trailer is much easier.....you don't have to unload planes when you get home. Also works for extra storage.
c-182 is offline Find More Posts by c-182
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:01 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Only if you don't have home owner assoc that dings you for having a trailer in the driveway .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:03 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Volvo V70R wagon.
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:05 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,281 Posts
Quote:
Awesome topic. I'm looking for something in the Spring for my planes. Biggest is the 87" SHP.

I'm thinking an enclosed 5x8. Does anyone have any recommendations?
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:11 PM
Lets Make a Deal
Parrish, FL
Joined Apr 2008
7,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
Awesome topic. I'm looking for something in the Spring for my planes. Biggest is the 87" SHP.

I'm thinking an enclosed 5x8. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Save yourself the hassle and get bigger than you think you need because you will need it by next spring

btw: Saturn Vue, one GS and a couple smaller ones without a passenger

Rob
Hypersprint is offline Find More Posts by Hypersprint
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:13 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
Only if you don't have home owner assoc that dings you for having a trailer in the driveway .
+1 ....... Hence the 89 Slick, and powering it with Electons.....

Home Owners Association may be desperate enough to allow me back on in time for a 103" or larger.....Bylaws come and go
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:14 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Minimum 5x10 is what I'd recommend. That will "insure" you for future wishes . My 5x10 will fit a 126" Slick (very tightly I might add). It's also the largest "standard" size that will readily fit inside a garage. My 6x12 V nose fits, but I had it custom built to be shorter than your typical 6x12.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Closed Thread