Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 09, 2010, 08:01 AM
No Boundaries
Australia, VIC, Forest Hill
Joined Aug 2010
1,968 Posts
Mighty Fine looking Chopper Dennis! I saw one flying 2 weeks ago at PP. Very agile!!
I have been crashing my 500 a bit lately by trying a few too many inverted moves before I am ready for them One good thing though..All the bent tail booms I'm collecting are going to make a nice set of wind chimes to hang up on the tree at PP!
Two Dogs Dave is offline Find More Posts by Two Dogs Dave
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:05 PM
learning to crash Heli's
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Looks vaguely familiar, Dennis

BJ
And it flys. Thanks for your help Tony in cutting the Carbon sheet, if you look closely at the pics you will see the top plate over the batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Dogs Dave View Post
Mighty Fine looking Chopper Dennis! I saw one flying 2 weeks ago at PP. Very agile!!
I have been crashing my 500 a bit lately by trying a few too many inverted moves before I am ready for them One good thing though..All the bent tail booms I'm collecting are going to make a nice set of wind chimes to hang up on the tree at PP!
Thanks Dave, I must say you are progressing faster than I did. I think last time I saw you fly you were just hovering , I am only beginning inverted hovering as well, but my big aerobatics are coming together, I fly more like a pattern plane at the moment, doing big loops, axial rolls, Immelmann's, tail slides, 540 stall turns, with a few forward, back and side flips added in.

I probably don't crash enough as it means I am not pushing myself, but with the nice heli's I have now I shouldn't complain.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now Find More Posts by Thunder Fighter
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:49 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
23,955 Posts
I actually meant the frame Dennis.

That's the one that was more or less bare-bones when you came around, yah? It looks even bigger fully clothed Must have an awesome sound with those big blades swinging around.

Hmmm... the CF 'battery protectors' are in place in the top pic of it up on the workbox? Let's hope you never have call on them to do their job - that thing would make a helluva *crunch* going in...

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:03 PM
Nonga-nongs and puff-puffs
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
519 Posts
It was a Great to see you fly that beautiful machine yesterday arvo, Dennis (wind? what wind). That herringbone gear is so quiet, you just hear the disk so perfectly - I want one!! You know I'm gonna have to build me one of those now

Yes, Dave's progress is awesome amonst us 'take is slow' heli flyers. You were flying great though - you had plenty going on and if it was me, I wouldn't be pushing it any faster, especially with that incredible Logo machine. I enjoyed watching the big aerobatics - made me want to open out some of my moves, especially my loops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
Thanks Dave, I must say you are progressing faster than I did. I think last time I saw you fly you were just hovering , I am only beginning inverted hovering as well, but my big aerobatics are coming together, I fly more like a pattern plane at the moment, doing big loops, axial rolls, Immelmann's, tail slides, 540 stall turns, with a few forward, back and side flips added in.

I probably don't crash enough as it means I am not pushing myself, but with the nice heli's I have now I shouldn't complain.

//Dennis.
Buzz-Saw is offline Find More Posts by Buzz-Saw
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:30 PM
Switching to guns
Joined Dec 2006
1,261 Posts
God damn
BpwrJet is offline Find More Posts by BpwrJet
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:02 PM
Our main weapon is surprise...
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
2,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpwrJet View Post
God damn
Went to Hallam Hobbies today to check out the Albatross. Could Fred be any less friendly? Nearly bought it .. but couldn't make the decision to pull the electrics from the 109.
Rowdy_b64 is offline Find More Posts by Rowdy_b64
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:11 PM
Where did Steve go ?
Alexandra
Joined Jul 2007
3,309 Posts
not really a floater. need to add brakes and go sloaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroNut45 View Post
That's plenty, don't forget it is supposed to be a glider. So in my book you should get at least 1/2 hr flying with one pack.
flyingrally is offline Find More Posts by flyingrally
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:26 PM
No Boundaries
Australia, VIC, Forest Hill
Joined Aug 2010
1,968 Posts
Dennis, they are the types of moves I would like to fly with my hellis. Scale loops I can do but Immelmanns, barrel rolls ect are a hell of alot easier to perform on my fixed wing models, thats for sure! Hope to catch you down at PP sometime
Two Dogs Dave is offline Find More Posts by Two Dogs Dave
Old Nov 09, 2010, 11:52 PM
Where did Steve go ?
Alexandra
Joined Jul 2007
3,309 Posts
For Sale: Cap 231 EX designed by P. Goldsmith and M.O'Reilly

I have for sale a 85 inch wingspan Cap 231 EX. It's a fiberglass body, balsa skinned foam wing model. Current stage of construction is wings covered all tail surfaces cut,skinned and covered. Wings need ailerons cut out (already skinned) and then covered. Fantastic looking model with a very easy access for electric version.

Suit a 38-75 cc petrol motor or Equiv.

Price $450

Pics tomorrow.
flyingrally is offline Find More Posts by flyingrally
Last edited by flyingrally; Nov 10, 2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:21 AM
learning to crash Heli's
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz-Saw View Post
It was a Great to see you fly that beautiful machine yesterday arvo, Dennis (wind? what wind). That herringbone gear is so quiet, you just hear the disk so perfectly - I want one!! You know I'm gonna have to build me one of those now .
They are really nice Heli's, there is a Logo 500 with great gear going on Archeli at the moment. Great thing is they are modular so you can go to 600mm blades with just a change of boom/Belt and even out to 690mm blades if you really want. You would need to use a HV setup for the bigger setups though. Otherwise just grab the gear out of your Trex 600 and move it into a Logo 500. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Dogs Dave View Post
Dennis, they are the types of moves I would like to fly with my hellis. Scale loops I can do but Immelmanns, barrel rolls ect are a hell of alot easier to perform on my fixed wing models, thats for sure! Hope to catch you down at PP sometime
I will see if I can get down there a bit more often, l will be driving past on my way from the new Field in Officer so can drop in for a pack now and then.

//Dennis.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:41 AM
learning to crash Heli's
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
That's the one that was more or less bare-bones when you came around, yah? It looks even bigger fully clothed Must have an awesome sound with those big blades swinging around.

Hmmm... the CF 'battery protectors' are in place in the top pic of it up on the workbox? Let's hope you never have call on them to do their job - that thing would make a helluva *crunch* going in...
Yep, that's the one I had out on your lawn, the cannopy makes it look a fair bit bigger as it has to have the room for the 10s pack. :-)

I have been pretty lucky up till now, in fact the majority of the crashes I have had with my heli's have been with the little 450 at PP. I stuck it in once down there when I was starting circuits, and again when I swapped Tx's and got throttle hold instead of Idle up . Its semi retired now waiting to be put in the Bell 212 body, hopefully I will have more luck with it then.

//Dennis.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:47 AM
Joined Jun 2009
23,955 Posts
Wind has died-off appreciably.

Still a hint of a breeze - looks like time for a fly...

BJ
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:38 AM
Joined Jun 2009
23,955 Posts
Ahhhhhh....

That feels much better...

Coupla packs through the mini-Swift. Bit breezy, so she bounced around like a superball, but good fun.

Surprised no-one else turned up. Had a bit of a yarn with Vee-Dub Man, and a couple of other Golfers turned up and we shared the main oval. Mind you, you can hardly hear that Swift...

BJ
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:25 AM
Our main weapon is surprise...
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
2,850 Posts
Quote:
Ahhhhhh....

That feels much better...

Coupla packs through the mini-Swift. Bit breezy, so she bounced around like a superball, but good fun.

Surprised no-one else turned up. Had a bit of a yarn with Vee-Dub Man, and a couple of other Golfers turned up and we shared the main oval. Mind you, you can hardly hear that Swift...

BJ
Hmmm .. he didn't hit balls at you or bare his arse?? Muat be one of his "nice" days!
Rowdy_b64 is offline Find More Posts by Rowdy_b64
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:55 AM
Joined Jun 2009
23,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy_b64 View Post
Hmmm .. he didn't hit balls at you or bare his arse?? Muat be one of his "nice" days!
He's actually not such a bad dude. Call's a spade a f**king shovel, but so do a lot of us.

Ya musta copped him on one of his bad-hair days or sumfin ta make him show ya his goolies

LoL

BJ