HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:39 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,715 Posts
What happened the video has been removed ?
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:49 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,775 Posts
I cant find it on youtube.
Zootster is offline Find More Posts by Zootster
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:54 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,715 Posts
It was on facebook
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:25 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Dont blame me if you get a crook one tho.....

Ian
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:09 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
It was on facebook
I deleted Facebook. What a load of crap it is. Lookatme Book!!
Zootster is offline Find More Posts by Zootster
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:22 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
Wouldnt surprise me if they were paid to endorse HK products.... I for one really cant stand how they sound but thats me!

Thats whats so good about the reviews on particular products... everyday use from thousands of people... tell you whats good, and what to stay away from.

I just recieved my Turnigy Accucel 6 Charger... it looks ok, backlit lcd screen. Although when lit up, the data shown on screen isnt straight... haha, but I can live with that for $36 bucks....

Took a lot longer to get to me then I thought coming from aus warehouse too...

Does anyone use the XT60 connectors? Ive always used dean connectors... but they look pretty decent.

I also broke another part on my trex on the weekend (GAH!)...
I believe its one these...
http://wattsuprc.com.au/product_detail.asp?pid=H25012A

Its broken on the ball link end, snapped right through. It really doesnt like me doing 3d with it...

Those metal gear servos look great! I got just the application in which they can be used in.
That's why you have to watch JBC REVIEWS the truth, the whole truth and nothing but..................cough cough chooooooooooke!!! a simple nobody talking about how nice some foam looks and flies

Adman those chargers are pretty good, I've been thrashing a couple of them for nearly 2 years and no problems. The fans can sometimes be a bit noisy though. If you wanna get the best out of them it's good to calibrate them. Also XT60's are great, better connection than deans, easier to pull apart and rated slightly higher. I say if you're only ever planning on gettin ya batts from HK then might be worth making a deans to XT60 adapter (I reckon I've seen em on ebay if ya not confident with soldering) and just slowly make the switch over as your deans connected batts die. I got about 50/50 spit between deans and XT60 (minus the 4mm bullet for the bigger stuff).

Calibrating the Turnigy Accucell-6 Battery Charger (4 min 23 sec)
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:43 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
I thought u would of liked that then
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:08 PM
Australia, SA, Ingle Farm
Joined Feb 2010
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
That's why you have to watch JBC REVIEWS the truth, the whole truth and nothing but..................cough cough chooooooooooke!!! a simple nobody talking about how nice some foam looks and flies

Adman those chargers are pretty good, I've been thrashing a couple of them for nearly 2 years and no problems. The fans can sometimes be a bit noisy though. If you wanna get the best out of them it's good to calibrate them. Also XT60's are great, better connection than deans, easier to pull apart and rated slightly higher. I say if you're only ever planning on gettin ya batts from HK then might be worth making a deans to XT60 adapter (I reckon I've seen em on ebay if ya not confident with soldering) and just slowly make the switch over as your deans connected batts die. I got about 50/50 spit between deans and XT60 (minus the 4mm bullet for the bigger stuff).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hvR7dGAkEo
Yeah thats why ive watched all your videos...

My soldering skills arent to bad... I could probably whip something up.

Good vid above... I will test that and see what it says! Mine does look a little different on the casing then that one above however.

The fan wasnt too loud... I thought it would be louder, I mean the swallow charger I was using made no noise at all... so for $36 bucks I cant complain really... although it took a long time to top off one of my 3s 2650mah packs yesterday. But I still cant complain. Balancer port is a brilliant idea, I dont have anything else apart from turnigy and zippy batteries... so it works well.

Only thing I dont like about it is no 240v input... its a pain to lug a battery with it. However, when im at the field there is a 12v buss bar and clips will work perfectly with that.

One more question, those little JST connectors... whats the most amount of amps they will take before they begin to melt? I thought I read somewhere it was 10amps... but I will be going way past that.
AdMan is offline Find More Posts by AdMan
Last edited by AdMan; Jun 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:36 PM
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
To many WANKERS............not enough BULLETTS... LoL

The wank from yank................take it wotever whey U wont
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Got my Eflite Hawk ....off ebay , Bargin , brand new WITH fan and mota...$195 he he

Ian
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:38 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE View Post
To many WANKERS............not enough BULLETTS... LoL

The wank from yank................take it wotever whey U wont
Some of the threads on here rcgroups are just as bad, u get the yanks patting eachother on the back and if you post then they dont even bother answer your question.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:19 AM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
Yeah thats why ive watched all your videos...

My soldering skills arent to bad... I could probably whip something up.

Good vid above... I will test that and see what it says! Mine does look a little different on the casing then that one above however.

The fan wasnt too loud... I thought it would be louder, I mean the swallow charger I was using made no noise at all... so for $36 bucks I cant complain really... although it took a long time to top off one of my 3s 2650mah packs yesterday. But I still cant complain. Balancer port is a brilliant idea, I dont have anything else apart from turnigy and zippy batteries... so it works well.

Only thing I dont like about it is no 240v input... its a pain to lug a battery with it. However, when im at the field there is a 12v buss bar and clips will work perfectly with that.

One more question, those little JST connectors... whats the most amount of amps they will take before they begin to melt? I thought I read somewhere it was 10amps... but I will be going way past that.
Not sure about the JST connector max AMP draw Nitro, Ozzi or maybe Ody might know as they're more into the smaller stuff than me...or there's always google For a power supply for ya charger, I find the laptop supplies work well if you got a spare one, or drop into a computer store and pickup a 2nd hand one cheap as, remember it's only gotta supply 50W

Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE View Post
Got my Eflite Hawk ....off ebay , Bargin , brand new WITH fan and mota...$195 he he

Ian
photos when ya get it please

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
Some of the threads on here rcgroups are just as bad, u get the yanks patting eachother on the back and if you post then they dont even bother answer your question.
maybe you find the bad/lazy ones I got alot of yankee mates on here that help out whenever they can, answer any PM's etc and have helped me out on many occasions
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:28 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
JST? I've done 20A for short bursts (long enough to read the amp meter and shut it down!) or 15A for ~20seconds. Nothing unusual noted. I'd trust it to 15. After that, 3mm bullets would be my choice.

I converted an old ATX power supply. 400w, almost silent, low temp - happy days!
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:28 AM
Crazy Cessna Owner
Australia, SA, Windsor Gardens
Joined May 2001
1,931 Posts
Just check the voltage of the laptop power supplies, I have one at home, but it puts out 20V, too much for a charger.
Robbie d is offline Find More Posts by Robbie d
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:45 AM
Australia, SA, Ingle Farm
Joined Feb 2010
810 Posts
I just tested the charger like that video exactly the same way and this is what I got, Ill write down the voltage that the charger read and then the voltage on the multimeter:

3s charger:
12.3v

3s battery:
11.7v

4s charger:

4s battery:
15.8v

I adjusted that to the -20 as far as it will go.. and its still not even close to where it needs to be.. am I missing something here? This surely shouldnt be that far out. Now im a bit worried to actually use it...
AdMan is offline Find More Posts by AdMan